Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Office 365 - Microsoft Software Assessment Manager Letter

• 11-11-2014 12:48pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 8,657 ✭✭✭

A few of our customers have moved to Office 365 in the last year. We usually purchase the licenses from Microsoft and then take care of moving the email up to the cloud.

However, it seems that Microsoft now want to elbow the reseller out of the way completely.

76xeqD.jpg

Anybody else received letters like this?

I've redacted the names of the microsoft rep that was assigned to the site, so I hope it's alright to include

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,426 ✭✭✭ressem

A few of our customers have moved to Office 365 in the last year. We usually purchase the licenses from Microsoft and then take care of moving the email up to the cloud.

However, it seems that Microsoft now want to elbow the reseller out of the way completely.

Anybody else received letters like this?

I've redacted the names of the microsoft rep that was assigned to the site, so I hope it's alright to include

They send these mails out regularly to companies that have at some time licensed software using a volume license agreement.

They send an excel spreadsheet and look for 5 license keys for all microsoft software in use in the company that wasn't bought through the volume license agreement.
    Then they get all huffy and claim that key X does not match product X but is for product X-1, disputing that the feckin' Microsoft label and Dell invoice contradict them. (rant over)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,749 ✭✭✭coillcam

In the middle of doing one for work at the moment. Pain in the hole!

We only had one less than 18 months ago I believe. No problems with compliance thankfully but its painfully time consuming. OEM, Retail, volume licencing, Upgrades, CALs and multiple vendors bleugh :mad:

Hopefully as office365 becomes more popular, licencing becomes more transparent and a single point of reference.

From talking to a friend in a different company, hopefully you don't need a visit from MS to iron out any discrepancies. He warned me that they are a nightmare scenario.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,368 ✭✭✭micosoft

Nothing to do with Office365 or elbowing you out. It's Microsoft checking that the client have paid for the their software - surprised you have not gone through this process before. Just make sure that they are either licence or sort it out before the audit. With Office being licence via Office365 this is becoming rarer for SME businesses but Enterprise still have very complicated arrangements with MS. There are people who make their careers out of figured out Microsoft's Licensing Schema!

Advertisement