Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Creatine monohydrate/ water intake

• 11-11-2014 1:10pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,418 ✭✭✭

Hi folks

Just wondering, I've been taking creatine monohydrate for just over one month and find it to be very useful. Is it necessary to take in as much water at this stage (maintenance phase) as it was when I started using it. I generally drink about 2-3 litres per day anyway but since starting creatine I've been drinking closer to 5-6 litres and needless to say find myself running to the jacks every 20 mins?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,013 ✭✭✭generic2012

Are you drinking 5-6 litres on purpose? as in are you trying to get that much in...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,418 ✭✭✭Infernal Racket

Are you drinking 5-6 litres on purpose? as in are you trying to get that much in...

Yep. I read somewhere that u need to keep the intake high but I'm just not quite sure how much is absolutely necessary during maintenance?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,647 ✭✭✭✭Alf Veedersane

3-4 would be more than enough

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,013 ✭✭✭generic2012

Gerry G wrote: »
    Yep. I read somewhere that u need to keep the intake high but I'm just not quite sure how much is absolutely necessary during maintenance?

Just drink when you're thirsty. The more you drink the more you excrete meaning that after 2-3 litres there is no benefit to the amount of water you're drinking. Maintenance and loading of creatine isn't necessary or even beneficial.

Just drink when you're thirsty if there are any benefits to the amount of water you're drinking I'm quite confident they would be outweighed by the negatives associated with lack of sleep or sleep disruption from getting up to use the jacks.

Advertisement