Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

National Certificate qualification and mature student grant query

Options
  • 11-11-2014 1:48pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,205 ✭✭✭

Hi all

i am interested in going to college next year as a full-time mature student
    as a first year in a degree course.

In 1998 I graduated from WIT with a National Certificate in Chemisty.

Does anyone know if this will affect my application for the mature student grant and funding?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,280 ✭✭✭paperclip2

You might not get the Free Fee Initiative funding for the first two years of the degree but depending on your circumstances SUSI might be able to pay tuition fees etc. as long as the course is level 7 or higher.

Also there is no specific mature student grant. The only grants are from SUSI and the same criteria apply no matter if you are a mature student or not.

If you are on a social welfare payment you need to be eligible for the Back to Education allowance. Details on that are here: http://www.welfare.ie/en/Pages/Back-to-Education-Allowance-Scheme.aspx

Hope this helps.

Advertisement