Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New CCTV System Set-up

Options
  • 11-11-2014 2:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 386 ✭✭

I've taken over a guesthouse and was hoping to get some advice as regards a CCTV set-up.
    It would primarily to have 2 cameras good enough to recognise faces in the entrance and the lobby (indoors).
    Also, though, we will be closing down for Christmas and I'd like to have an additional one on the car park (I'm guessing the only danger would be night-time). This is less important tho so an all-indoor kit would be fine.
    I would also need recording that I could monitor from home while I'm away.

I've read through the treads on here, and I understand I need good sensors and HD etc but I really have no idea on this stuff so was hoping someone could recommend me something suitable. I've been looking on aliexpress but none of the systems with good feedback really look like they'd suit. If I even had an idea of what components would suit my needs I could make my own kit.

I'm looking around the €500-€600 mark and I think if I get a professional out that will eat up too much of my budget.

ANy help would be really appreciated.

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

All what you are looking for is possible, ideally with an IP system.
    You won't get facial recognition on the budget you have in mind though.

• Registered Users Posts: 386 ✭✭Wudyaquit

KoolKid wrote: »
    All what you are looking for is possible, ideally with an IP system.
    You won't get facial recognition on the budget you have in mind though.

Thanks Koolkid - I only meant that I'd have a camera good enough to see a face clearly.

I think I'm going to go for 3 Hikvision cameras (2 indoor and 1 outdoor) and a hikvision DVr
    Admittedly though, I don't have a clue what I'm talking about but after reserach these seem to fit my needs - if you think there'd be an issue with this set-up off the top of your head can you let me know?

Thanks again

Advertisement