Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bin Charges in Bray

• 11-11-2014 3:15pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 948 ✭✭✭

Who is the cheapest these days. There use to be competition between the suppliers with calls to the door but its all been fairly quiet but I see Greenstar is offering 6 months free if you sign up to them.

Currently with Thorntons. They give you a free brown bin for food waste then after a while slap a 4.50 charge on it :mad:

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 172 ✭✭P0lygon Wind0w

Just signed up to Greenstar after the Thorntons takeover of OZO.
    18 month contract, first 6 months free. Recycling, General and Brown Bin. Final price after the 6 months 'will not exceed 280'.
    They were very friendly on the phone and easy to sign up with.
    OZO used to be 247 I think, for recycling and general only. I decided not to stick with Thorntons as I've found their pricing confusing and there appears to be hidden fees re excess weight etc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 585 ✭✭✭NobodyImportant

The compost brown bins STINK! I gag everytime i open the bin to put stuff in it. We also had a crazy amount of flies around it all summer and dead maggots everywhere a few weeks back after it was emptied.

Sorry - off topic...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,138 ✭✭✭foxy06

gavinjc wrote: »
    Just signed up to Greenstar after the Thorntons takeover of OZO.
    18 month contract, first 6 months free. Recycling, General and Brown Bin. Final price after the 6 months 'will not exceed 280'.
    They were very friendly on the phone and easy to sign up with.
    OZO used to be 247 I think, for recycling and general only. I decided not to stick with Thorntons as I've found their pricing confusing and there appears to be hidden fees re excess weight etc.

Did they call to you and offer that? I can't see it on their website. Would go with this if they are reliable. Have been with Thorntons as long time and eurowaste before that and you could set your clock by them. But money talks....

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭Cliffage

Depending on your requirements/household size, the pay per lift Greenstar package might be worth looking at. Its €50 for the year and then €20 for each lift of a large refuse bin. Green bin is free, not sure about brown, I didn't get one anyway.
    We only need to get the normal bin lifted every 6 weeks so that's €210 for the year

foxy06 wrote: »
    Did they call to you and offer that? I can't see it on their website. Would go with this if they are reliable. Have been with Thorntons as long time and eurowaste before that and you could set your clock by them. But money talks....

I heard mention of it through word of mouth, so I phoned them and asked about it. If my memory is correct, the offer is valid until the 16th of November. I got my bins promptly, and also discovered that they accept glass bottles in the recycling bin which is great.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,026 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

Greenstar put a leaflet through my door with the same offer, it specifically said "Ozo have sold your contract" on the letter, not sure how they knew I was with Ozo in the first place.

Haven't phoned them yet but will probably go with the offer- they're waking me up every Saturday morning as it is, they might as well collect my bin while they're at it. You'd want to check when your contract with Thorntons is up though.

loyatemu wrote: »
    Greenstar put a leaflet through my door with the same offer, it specifically said "Ozo have sold your contract" on the letter, not sure how they knew I was with Ozo in the first place.

Haven't phoned them yet but will probably go with the offer- they're waking me up every Saturday morning as it is, they might as well collect my bin while they're at it. You'd want to check when your contract with Thorntons is up though.

As I was paying by direct debit, they said I could leave alright.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,418 ✭✭✭loobylou

I rang them based on what I read here (although I am/was already an Ozo customer).
    They're targetting households with Ozo bins it seems. Offer as stated, six months free then a further 12 months for a maximum of €280, ie they'll match any reduction by any other provider.
    Rang Thorntons to see if they would do anything to retain the business, answer was an emphatic NO. I was paid up with Ozo until next spring but they've agreed to refund me the balance, so happy days!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,026 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

loobylou wrote: »
    Rang Thorntons to see if they would do anything to retain the business, answer was an emphatic NO. I was paid up with Ozo until next spring but they've agreed to refund me the balance, so happy days!

they taking away your Ozo bins?

Thorntons told me to write to them and they would take the bins away. Greenstar were eager to take them away, but I'll give Thorntons first dibs.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,418 ✭✭✭loobylou

Once they're empty I'm to call them (Thorntons) and they'll send someone around to take them back.

Advertisement