Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PayPal Payment

• 11-11-2014 3:48pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 92 ✭✭

Hi,

So I recently purchased an Xbox One from a seller on adverts and unfortunately today she got back to me saying that she was a victim of a scam and so I will not be receiving the goods I paid a lot of money for. She has informed me that PayPal will issue me a full refund as she has contacted them but there is still no sign of that refund?
    Does anyone know if PayPal can reverse a payment that has been completed?

Thanks
    Tagged:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,357 ✭✭✭Beano

lodge a claim with paypal now. do not wait on the seller to refund you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 92 ✭✭emmacxxx

I have already lodged a claim and am going to call them later! I saw online somewhere that if it's been less than 45 days you are entitled to a full refund off PayPal for goods not received so hopefully that means I will definitely get the full refund!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 972 ✭✭✭Digital Society

If its completed its likely in the sellers bank account now.

Who actually said theyve been scammed?

What did they say exactly?

How did they get all the money then say they got scammed?

Gonna be a long time getting the money back id say.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 92 ✭✭emmacxxx

They sent me a message today saying how very sorry they were that they can no longer send me the product I purchased as it turned out their supplier was a scam artist and told me not to worry that my money is safe as I paid them through PayPal and so I am entitled to a full refund.
    I was looking up on PayPals website and it seems that they are very good with giving people refunds if it's been less than 45 days so fingers crossed!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,357 ✭✭✭Beano

as the seller has not fulfilled their end of the deal you will have no problem getting a refund.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭40now

OP as long as you didn't pay as a 'gift' you'll get a full refund from PayPal, it doesn't matter if the seller has no money in their PayPal account as you get a refund from PayPal and the sellers account will show a negative balance, I hope you didn't send the money as a gift.

emmacxxx wrote: »
    They sent me a message today saying how very sorry they were that they can no longer send me the product I purchased as it turned out their supplier was a scam artist and told me not to worry that my money is safe as I paid them through PayPal and so I am entitled to a full refund.
    I was looking up on PayPals website and it seems that they are very good with giving people refunds if it's been less than 45 days so fingers crossed!

Sounds like they are dropshipping from China.

Have a look on Aliexpress and see if what you where buying is there for cheaper. Thats probably where they are getting it from. Although they dont accept Paypal so might be some other Dropshipper.

Strange thing here is that they didnt just issue the refund straight away. I assume they have no money in account to pay. Very unprofessional.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,364 ✭✭✭campo

Willing to be it was something for everyone

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

They should just be able to refund you themselves its a very quick and easy process literally just did it myself 10 minutes ago for a customer. It sounds like they might be trying to get you a refund while keeping the funds safely locked up in the bank for themselves.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,364 ✭✭✭campo

jimmii wrote: »
    They should just be able to refund you themselves its a very quick and easy process literally just did it myself 10 minutes ago for a customer. It sounds like they might be trying to get you a refund while keeping the funds safely locked up in the bank for themselves.

Basically the have told OP raise a claim with PayPal

• Advertisement

jimmii wrote: »

Thats exactly what they are doing. Keeping the money themselves then expecting Paypal to refund the money.

Even with a dispute there is still an option to refund. They cashed out and wont give it back.

Looks like the seller is gonna make a few 100 profit for themselves.

My guess is its a Man pretending to be a woman scamming people on DoneDeal. You could sell an XBox in 2 seconds locally through DoneDeal for cash and this seller is selling it long distance through Paypal. Hopefully OP didnt mark it as a gift because its gonna be an expensive lesson learnt.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,341 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Wasn't the Something For Everyone seller on adverts by any chance was it? Signs were there all along that it was a scam and several people, myself included reported the seller to adverts.ie only to be told they were 'monitoring' them and for them to allow her to continue taking people's money. There was a thread about them here - http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057316763

The seller 'sold' an awful lot of stuff on adverts only to disappear.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,203 ✭✭✭maximoose

Something for Everyone? Shop is now closed, "We currently have no items available at this time, please check back soon!"

100% clear this was a scam from the start, can't believe it was allowed to take orders.

OP, has she given you any proof that she has issued a refund? I'd open a dispute on your side if I were you

Hope you get your money back, Argos seem to be the best value for Xbox One bundles - keep an eye on this thread

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,382 ✭✭✭firestarter51

you will get a refund, i have bought a few items before over the years that havent arrived or not been as des
    one being a watch for £300
    seller didnt send it, he thought he would get to keep the money
    as soon as a dispute is opened paypal lock the funds if still available, if not they pay and chase the seller for the money.
    if the seller can prove delivery you are covered, i think i had to wait a couple of weeks, you should ring paypal and chase it up,
    once you pay via paypal for goods and not sending via friends and family then you are covered for faulty goods and non delivery of items

just my 2 cents from experience

Advertisement