Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eirtakon 2014 || Friday 21/11 - Sunday 23/11

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 933 ✭✭✭Doyler01

Left4Shiz wrote: »
    Now as for the lag yeah there was lag all day on Both Xboxes and the rules where to raise your hand and wait it out which worked all day with no complaints from other teams.
    No self respecting Halo player would ever do this. It's the most laughable rule I have ever heard of. Absolutely tragic.

Anyway, I didn't make up the lag... they had literally spent hours dealing with connection issues on the day. What makes you think it would be different in the finals?

You cannot possibly argue that the other 2 weren't cheats. They made up a custom game where first team would spawn on BR 2, while team 2 spawns in green. Best and worst spawns respectively. And made damn sure they had host + the good spawn every time. Spawns are meant to be designed to be shuffled and even.
    When we won our semi final match on 4 way split screen, they "bagsied" player 1 and 2 so they would be team 1. But then realised that they would have a better chance if they tried again to connect the 2 xbones. So one of them quickly plonked down in front of host xbone while the other one set it all up.

They are just cowardly crappy people. Instead of being sound and wanting a fair match, they did every sneaky thing they could think of to get an upper hand. When I spoke to them about it, I was very friendly and just wanted a fair game. It was the two of them who turned the situation sour because they didn't want a fair match and they were caught out. They were literally speechless when asked what they think would be fair or what should be done. When I realised that they actually knew what they were doing, I wasn't going to back down and let them get their way. Cheaters suck.

Even after the yellow shirts came over and heard us all out, I (for reasons beyond me) actually apologised to them both as I didn't like how things escalated as they did. But again their rotten attitudes shined through and they just looked away and huffed. Absolute losers.
    I had not done anything wrong to them except point out that they had setup an unfair match. They are just so weak, in every sense of the word.

If I remember correctly, because you guys were complaining so much they just gave you one of the prize vouchers and left it at that out of good sportsmanship, so i don't see why you have to insist on bad mouthing them when you guys and your attitude towards the whole thing was the problem, and now you're trying to come off all like you's were the noble gamers doing it "just for fun" but that's not what I saw, plus I didn't see any of you's trying to set up a halo tourney, those guys did what they could to set one up with what they had but all you's did was complain and moan the whole time. Plus I'm sure if you's didn't have to twitch it too then maybe there wouldn't have been any problems.

And before you think I'm one of them too, I'm not, I was one of the Umbrella Corporation guys

You don't remember correctly at all unfortunately.

I did all the talking with them, and gave the prize to my teammate.

The final match froze, so we split the prize as we were all fed up.

They were the absolute opposite of good sports. They tried to cheat any way they could, and when caught, instead of agreeing to a fair match, they just huffed until they could get their way. Which was an unfair match with every advantage they could take.

What in gods name is umbrella corporation..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,328 ✭✭✭Nutrient

If I remember correctly, because you guys were complaining so much they just gave you one of the prize vouchers and left it at that out of good sportsmanship, so i don't see why you have to insist on bad mouthing them when you guys and your attitude towards the whole thing was the problem, and now you're trying to come off all like you's were the noble gamers doing it "just for fun" but that's not what I saw, plus I didn't see any of you's trying to set up a halo tourney, those guys did what they could to set one up with what they had but all you's did was complain and moan the whole time. Plus I'm sure if you's didn't have to twitch it too then maybe there wouldn't have been any problems.

And before you think I'm one of them too, I'm not, I was one of the Umbrella Corporation guys

Lemme just point some things out about the event

The lads that were inconvenienced shared their opinion no one else

1st off:

system link should have been confirmed for XBO prior to event, in the case it didn't they should have used XB360 which utilizes system link fine.

2nd:
    the 2 lads that were trying to make best of the situation were giving valid solutions to resolve the matter and the options were met with childish responses and rude gestures. Not only are the former bad, but, what wasn't mentioned was this behavior held up other tournaments for 2 HOURS, People brought lots of equipment to have tourneys ran properly.

3rd:

It wasn't our job to run a Halo tournament, we volunteered to run Fighting games at the event, even went as far as to stream the Halo 4 grand finales for fun, Had we run Halo, I guarantee you we would have checked if XBO ran system link and if not, switched out the consoles for ones that did, another thing we rule out is unfair advantages and cheating.

Fighting game lads ran stuff properly till Halo GF drama queens had to attempt to disgracefully win a tournament. Even though this put a damper on our FGs I am glad we had Twitch to expose the douches for what they are.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,878 ✭✭✭bush

Most obvious alt accounts ever :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 5 ArcaneMarine

Doyler01 wrote: »
    What in gods name is umbrella corporation..

Wow, just...wow, really?

Well I can see this is going to go nowhere

Anyway the way I see it, you can complain and moan all you want here till your fingers bleed, it wont change anything for either parties, you or them, the con is over and in the past so go ahead, i doubt boards will run out of server space anytime soon. But next time I say you can either try arrange set the tourney up yourself, spend the five hours trying to get it to work, and deal with people hassling and complaining at you all day, or just don't bother competing next time. Which is exactly the reason i don't bother with tournaments way too much butt hurt drama from everyone afterwards.

• Advertisement

Wow, just...wow, really?

Well I can see this is going to go nowhere

Anyway the way I see it, you can complain and moan all you want here till your fingers bleed, it wont change anything for either parties, you or them, the con is over and in the past so go ahead, i doubt boards will run out of server space anytime soon. But next time I say you can either try arrange set the tourney up yourself, spend the five hours trying to get it to work, and deal with people hassling and complaining at you all day, or just don't bother competing next time. Which is exactly the reason i don't bother with tournaments way too much butt hurt drama from everyone afterwards.

I ran Marvel + SF4 and it went fine because I'm not an absolute moron and I did't try to cheat.

If you read back you will see that I was actually asked what happened, so I told the whole story. I'm not one to complain or moan, it's a funny story about two complete losers that our community has gotten a kick out of.

And I looked up umbrella corporation..
    tumblr_mravohr1251s1tsl5o1_500.png

• Registered Users Posts: 5 ArcaneMarine

Did u dress up like that? Wow, just...wow, really?

Seriously? So because I cosplayed at an anime convention with literally HUNDREDS of other people who also cosplayed various things, a con which you clearly went to too, and you're trying to call me a nerd? what are you 12? dude of course I'm a nerd, we're all nerds just for going to a con, that's like saying water is wet, it freaking obvious, so I don't see how that was supposed to be a counter insult

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Scyllaa

Right this has gotten completely out of hand here,
    We brought in the consoles and everything so that we could let people play halo 2 anniversary as it was the newest game out unfortunately the xbox one does not in a sense support system link both consoles have to be connected to the internet and the way LANS are set up now all consoles are connected wiredly to the same router we didn't have a router on hand so we set it up over XBL because that was all we could do.
    We manged to get it set up and the 1st few games went off without any problems which was great but halfway through the consoles started lagging, it was too late to change game at this stage so we did the best with what we had and everyone agreed to our rule that if lag happened we would have a timeout till the lag stopped, the lag appeared in bursts of 10 seconds and there was usually only one per game now i do understand that it isn't the greatest but we did what we could and that was all fine up until one of the xboxes completely crashed so we moved everyone onto split-screen while we tried to resolve the issue which we did for the final.
    So the game started and all and we were winning 4-1 right then they started to complain that we were killing them while black screen which i knew was complete bull because they were firing back at us or rushing us every time we killed them so of course i wasn't gonna agree to them redoing that match. Now i understand that the connection was dodgy throughout the day but it wasn't in that game and i have multiple proofs.
    1. There is the theater clip which showed everything smoothly
    2. The Damn twitch stream shows no damn problems hell the people on it didnt even know what was going on
    3. We have bystanders that witnessed the game
    On top of that what the original post said is so biased and has made up stuff that we had said to make us seem the bad guy, we were playing on the "bad" console that entire tournament and just dealt with it because it was the best we could do and honestly it was just the way that it fell with one of the Xboxs crashing we put them on the other to do split-screen while it sorted out.

Now my problem with switching Xboxs was that there was no visible lag on anything even the RECORDING EQUIPMENT so why should we take their word and let them get away with a redo because they were sore losers.

Like i know a lot of the people here commenting were not there and going on one side but you cant just do that

If your gonna judge about something and be so hateful at least look further into it and watch the twitch stream it shows everything
    Like honestly look at it fir our point of view we were winning and there was no lag (we have proof) and someone comes up being like "we lagged redo!" its like someone disputing a GB game you clearly won and you not submitting proof

• Registered Users Posts: 11,005 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

Is there a Twitch archive anywhere and if so, what time does this all kick off?

• Registered Users Posts: 800 ✭✭✭The Hound

So were they cheating or not?

• Advertisement

Scyllaa wrote: »
    If your gonna judge about something and be so hateful at least look further into it and watch the twitch stream it shows everything
    Like honestly look at it fir our point of view we were winning and there was no lag (we have proof) and someone comes up being like "we lagged redo!" its like someone disputing a GB game you clearly won and you not submitting proof

We offered a redo on split screen with you having a 5 kill lead. Which you declined. You just wanted host advantage.

I asked beforehand could we have host xbox, you said no. You knew what you were doing, if you've ever played online you know what playing on a bad connection is like vs host.

You had the option of giving us a fair match, and did everything you could to avoid it. What should have happened, is a 4 way split screen match from the start (which is what we thought was happening as you 2 bagsied player 1 + 2). You can tell from how the BR shoots on our screen that the lag is rotten.

Host BR vs laggy BR is like a cannon vs BB gun.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,006 ✭✭✭Ramza

just don't bother competing next time

I've never organised a tourney before but I'm gonna guess that this is NOT an option for TOs to tell participants if something goes wrong? That is flatout idiocy imo. The goal of competitions and cons is to get people involved and try to attracts entrants and not shove them away. That is simply not an option, and this is not a personal attack at all

I wasn't present at the venue but my two cents from what I've heard is that the situation should have and could have been handled more professionally. From what little exp I have from FPS games, I for sure know that host advantage is in it's namesake, well...an advantage, which is unfair and unsportsmanlike, especially for an offline tournament

You didnt offer that... the yellow shirt did which we accepted and then the xbox just died so we just offered a split because we were tired of it all, and you never asked before if you could have host xbox.
    Why would we give you a fair match when you were lying to us
    there is no lag on that stream and nothing wrong with your BR and when you complained about getting 4-shotted that can happen and we were teamshotting you, you know working as a team

Watch it and tell me there is lag it kicks off at 10:00
    As well as that if there was lag why arent you using the video as proof? if what you are saying is true it should all be there

• Registered Users Posts: 346 ✭✭jimmypenguin

The Hound wrote: »
    So were they cheating or not?

no doyler was cheating clearly
    ; p

Ramza wrote: »
    I've never organised a tourney before but I'm gonna guess that this is NOT an option for TOs to tell participants if something goes wrong? That is flatout idiocy imo. The goal of competitions and cons is to get people involved and try to attracts entrants and not shove them away. That is simply not an option, and this is not a personal attack at all

we weren't the TO we just provided the equipment

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Spectralbeanie

Well ... As I was there time and again when the connection was interfering with the tournament

That would annoy me but I have seen the people in question play and there is no question that they were just professional players that just won a tournament out of skill :p

I have tried playing against them and they made me look like I was was a toddler in cardboard armour with a potato gun..these guys were just that good ..hell I could barely touch their shields for Christ sake o.o

I also saw them try their best to get this tournament running despite the constant hold ups but kept trying anyway so you guys could play....

They even shared some of the prize as a peace offering

So the way I see it fellas .... Next year you set it up...and when they beat you ...again ...

Try to accuse them again

P.s try yelling "NEEEEEEERD" next time your in a con at people for cosplaying and you will see what people's reactions look like when the are staring at a complete twonk

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Deskmenu

We offered a redo on split screen with you having a 5 kill lead. Which you declined. You just wanted host advantage.

This is probably the clearest evidence of something fishy going on. This was a bigger lead then when the first game stopped.
    (thread moving so fast didn't see him contend this didn't happen. but who knows, my main point still stands)

Overall there's no excuse for any team to have an advantage, especially a huge advantage like having host over a WI-FI connection of all things. People can try and wave it off by saying "Oh it's only a con" or "stop moaning" but the point still stands that it was an unfair setting and the other team knew it, but would not admit it.

I wasn't in the tournament either, but if the claims of spawn manipulation are true well then I don't know how anyone could possibly defend their antics.

(btw had lots of fun at the con, super nice to get to know all you guys better, gonna try to get to more events over 2015)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,328 ✭✭✭Nutrient

Right this has gotten completely out of hand here,
    We brought in the consoles and everything so that we could let people play halo 2 anniversary as it was the newest game out unfortunately the xbox one does not in a sense support system link both consoles have to be connected to the internet and the way LANS are set up now all consoles are connected wiredly to the same router we didn't have a router on hand so we set it up over XBL because that was all we could do.
    We manged to get it set up and the 1st few games went off without any problems which was great but halfway through the consoles started lagging, it was too late to change game at this stage so we did the best with what we had and everyone agreed to our rule that if lag happened we would have a timeout till the lag stopped, the lag appeared in bursts of 10 seconds and there was usually only one per game now i do understand that it isn't the greatest but we did what we could and that was all fine up until one of the xboxes completely crashed so we moved everyone onto split-screen while we tried to resolve the issue which we did for the final.
    So the game started and all and we were winning 4-1 right then they started to complain that we were killing them while black screen which i knew was complete bull because they were firing back at us or rushing us every time we killed them so of course i wasn't gonna agree to them redoing that match. Now i understand that the connection was dodgy throughout the day but it wasn't in that game and i have multiple proofs.
    1. There is the theater clip which showed everything smoothly
    2. The Damn twitch stream shows no damn problems hell the people on it didnt even know what was going on
    3. We have bystanders that witnessed the game
    On top of that what the original post said is so biased and has made up stuff that we had said to make us seem the bad guy, we were playing on the "bad" console that entire tournament and just dealt with it because it was the best we could do and honestly it was just the way that it fell with one of the Xboxs crashing we put them on the other to do split-screen while it sorted out.

Now my problem with switching Xboxs was that there was no visible lag on anything even the RECORDING EQUIPMENT so why should we take their word and let them get away with a redo because they were sore losers.

Like i know a lot of the people here commenting were not there and going on one side but you cant just do that

Listen, I understand there were attempts to run this tourney but when a problem like this suddenly arises about half way through its best to either cancel the event or find a more stable means of continuing, NOT Repeating the same faulted step over and over again expecting a different result, it is insane.

As for the bystanders comment, theres dozens of people that were to the side booth including myself that had their time wasted all because of 2 nobs that had to have their way with their shenanigans.

"we would have a timeout till the lag stopped" << Thats stupid, all the excuses are stupid

Being there, I can say first hand that it was a complete cluster **** and should have been cancelled at the 1st sign of trouble, instead, it was run and it almost cancelled another well run event.

Biased or not, 2 adult babies wasted my time as well as others.

You didnt offer that... the yellow shirt did which we accepted and then the xbox just died so we just offered a split because we were tired of it all, and you never asked before if you could have host xbox.
    Why would we give you a fair match when you were lying to us
    there is no lag on that stream and nothing wrong with your BR and when you complained about getting 4-shotted that can happen and we were teamshotting you, you know working as a team

Watch it and tell me there is lag it kicks off at 10:00
    As well as that if there was lag why arent you using the video as proof? if what you are saying is true it should all be there

The yellow shirts actually said we were to play you on split screen. If your team won, its over. If we won, we would have to play a second match - winner takes all.

I did offer a run back, on split screen or with us on host and you guys having a 5 kill lead. But you didn't have much to say.

The venue internet was awful, and of all games, host on halo is a crazy advantage on poor internet.

If you spoke to any halo player about this, they would say that it's stupidly unfair to have that setup. So stupidly unfair that it defeats the purpose of having a competition at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,006 ✭✭✭Ramza

Y7ZzlmP.gif

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

Ok, this is NOTHING to do with fighting games. Thread is locked.

Seeing as I know the yellow shirt in question quite well, I'm sure whoever is telling the truth has nothing to fear.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement