Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Slash or GnR

Options
  • 11-11-2014 4:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11,934 ✭✭✭✭

Just been talking wit some mates about this, if Slash and Guns n Roses were to play dates at The Point on consecutive nights, tickets for both gigs the exact same price, and you could only go to 1 of them which would you choose?
    And the line ups for both bands are what they are currently

I'd go for Slash, hands down, came on stage bang on time and played for 2hrs, no hissy fits and attitudes just great music.

You can only go to 1, which one? 14 votes

Slash
    0% 0 votes
    Guns'n'Roses
    100% 14 votes

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Slash hands down, like you said he comes onstage on time, does his stuff without any tantrums or hissy fits, plus he doesn't need 3 or 4 solo spots a show, he can extend the solo in Rocket Queen and that can count as his spotlight solo.

Whereas with Mr. Rose and Guns N' Roses, notoriously tardy, set goes on far too long and Axl depending on his mood could do a similar job to Bottlegate 4 years ago. There should be 1 guitar solo and 1 guitar solo only and that should segue into Sweet Child O' Mine, Besides who wants to see a bunch of hired guns twiddle about onstage with pointless atmosphere sucking solos while the main attraction takes oxygen breaks between solos & instrumental sections of songs. Axl's main man jumped ship back to NIN before Chinese dropped.

TL;DR - Slash any day of the week.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,687 ✭✭✭Schwiiing

I love the original GNR. Not much difference between Adler and Sorum for me so I'd take either. But I wouldn't go to see either of the bands above. GNR for the reasons Lithium outlined and Slash mainly because I cannot suffer Myles Kennedy singing. It goes through my head. If he picked anyone else I'd be there in a heartbeat.

I'd rather Myles than Axl, at least Myles ya know he does vocal warm ups before every show & takes part in rehearsal prior to a tour, whereas Axl well - Rock In Rio 2011 & The Bridge School Benefit are two example of how Axl couldn't be arsed.

• Registered Users Posts: 776 ✭✭✭dtpc191991

Slash is GNR without him they suck so I would see Slash hands down.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,648 ✭✭✭✭beauf

I don't really like Myles voice. But I like Slash. He sounds like 50% of the original GNR. Where as GNR sound like 5% of the old band. Its not about sounding the same, but the vibe just isn't there. Slash though brings an energy and a vibe that others just don't have on their own. For me anyway. That live from Stoke gig was so cool.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,633 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

Slash, every time.

Not least because the stuff from his albums with Miles and The Conspirators is fantastic.

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭BearThomas131

Slash all day , he brings the GNR sound that axl and friends just havnt got, in saying that I've never seen the new GnR live so I would like to go and see them just to say I've seen them but that is it, I personaly think the original members and myles Kennedy should get together and tour as the real guns n roses

• Registered Users Posts: 9,576 ✭✭✭lord lucan

Slash by a country mile,ultimate pro,road dog and seems like a nice guy.:)

Mondays show was the perfect illustration,bounds onstage on time full of energy,tunes being played with little to no waffling in between,one song with extended guitar solo,all round perfect show.

Also just throwing it out there, Slash and the guys are constantly releasing new music every 2 years or so, 2 albums in 2 years (I'm not counting the self titled album as it was a mix of singers), though Slash found himself a gem in Myles Kennedy.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,964 ✭✭✭✭briany

Everything about Slash is cool and there's pretty much no finer Rock guitar player. He just has IT. Bumblefoot and Buckethead? Well they're good, but they're boring too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,861 ✭✭✭RayCon

Where's the neither option ?:pac:

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

RayCon wrote: »
    My thought too :P

If I had to pick between the two, I'd probably go with Slash, but really I don't care much about either.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,934 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

Angron wrote: »
    My thought too :P

If I had to pick between the two, I'd probably go with Slash, but really I don't care much about either.

So just don't vote then, and don't go to either 'IMAGINARY' show :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,376 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

Where's the Alter Bridge option? :D:D

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

scudzilla wrote: »
    So just don't vote then, and don't go to either 'IMAGINARY' show :rolleyes:

Cheers for the needless sarcasm.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,050 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

slash wins because of his attitude (he got some f**n attitude)

Advertisement