Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vivid Clearomiser

Options
  • 11-11-2014 4:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 22,080 ✭✭✭✭

Bought one of the above three weeks back and within about ten days I couldn't get a drag from it. Returned it and got another which was initially fine but is now heading the same way.

Is this typical of a cheap e-cigg or are these just sh1t?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 790 ✭✭✭Didihno

Big Nasty wrote: »
    Bought one of the above three weeks back and within about ten days I couldn't get a drag from it. Returned it and got another which was initially fine but is now heading the same way.

Is this typical of a cheap e-cigg or are these just sh1t?
    You nailed it.
    Honestly if I had a vape store I would not stock anything less than the trusty Kanger protank 3 mini as a starter device. I've been through all of the cheapo claromisers in my early days and almost to a brand they are rubbish, or at least very very inconsistant.

I get that vendors need to stock the cheapest possible options for people and thats fine, but I'd rather recommend something like the above which has never failed me (unless I broke it myself because its glass!).

• Registered Users Posts: 22,080 ✭✭✭✭Big Nasty

Cheers. Any recommended suppliers you'd care to share?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,193 ✭✭✭moonboy52

Cheers. Any recommended suppliers you'd care to share?

For me personally:

~€7 - Aspire ET-S

~€22 - Aspire Nautilus Mini

I always recommend e-smokeireland.eu but there are other great online and B&M stores in Ireland

• Registered Users Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭EGriff

Remember you have to change the coils, no clearo is going to last much more than 10 days with the same coil. I did get 2 weeks from a new aspire BVC coil though.

What do I have to change? :o

• Advertisement

What do I have to change? :o

Watch this guys video. It will explain the basics:

Half an hour? Ain't nobody got time for that! Any chance of a shorter version?

Half an hour? Ain't nobody got time for that! Any chance of a shorter version?

I assume the vivid clearo is the throw-away type. If so once you get a burned taste you thow it away and buy a new one.

The clearo's listed mentioned come with a replaceable coil. You replace the coil when you get a burned taste etc. but keep the clearo

For this clearo: http://www.e-smokeireland.eu/product-p/etsbdc.htm

You would change this coil: http://www.e-smokeireland.eu/product-p/bvccoil.htm

They're all different though, I haven't heard of the one you're using but from google it looks like a CE4. Those are pretty old, If you get the one above you'll notice a world of difference.

Ok, so I had bought the vivid clearo which came with a tub of juice. I bought two more tubs but never got to use them. Never noticed a burnt taste but after a week it started getting hard to get a drag and after ten days there was no fizzing sound when you press the button.

If I understand correctly the coil was gone and that's why it stopped burning? Secondly you're saying the coil can't be replaced in these old units and the whole clearomiser bit at the top needs to be replaced? Why doesn't it tell you any of this on the box?

• Advertisement

Yeah most clearos have a little coil you can replace after a week or two, they get burnt or gunked up with juice. From looking on the vivid website they only seem to sell clearos and no coils, a pure rip off tbh.

The battery you have will work with most other clearos.

That's nuts. The clearo didn't even last long enough for a full tub of juice.

Anyhow I brought it back (local Centra) and took the VIP starter pack instead. Funnily enough they give two clearos in the starter pack.

You know if the coils can be changed in them or are the clearos disposable too?

Is it this thing? http://www.vipelectroniccigarette.ie/photon-express-kit-p-20.html

Looks like they are the same clearos, plus it says underneath they are disposable.

Again I would recommend you to get an aspire maxi or et-s from the link I posted in post #10, they're only €5 - €7 and are the coils are €2.

Or you can pay VIP €19 for a clearo and 2 spare coils (rip off again): http://www.vipelectroniccigarette.ie/aspire-ets-bdc-glassomizer-kit-p-51.html

Yeah that's the one. Cost me nothing as I returned the Vivid one which I guess wasn't faulty but they should explain on the box that sh1t needs to be changed. Staff in shop had no idea either. Anyhow it'll do until I get a proper set up.

Thanks for all the help and your patience explainig things to me. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,687 ✭✭✭✭Penny Tration

The vip clearos work the same as the vivid clearos, they need to be replaced. When they're burned out, get yourself an aspire ets. Vip also sell the ets clearos, but they are much more expensive than the aspire ones - 20 euro in-store.

Ok, thanks. The aspire will work with the VIP battery, right? And I can use any juice not just VIP?

Ok, thanks. The aspire will work with the VIP battery, right? And I can use any juice not just VIP?

yes and yes :) one thing - I've noticed a lot of my customers breaking their clearos this way - if it's in your pocket, separate the clearo from the battery. As you bend, if they're joined, they can snap.

• Registered Users Posts: 790 ✭✭✭Didihno

As some have posted above mate try any of the Irish based online stores and the good B&M's.
    Shop around.

How many clearos do people generally keep? Is two enough?

Also if I understand right the only thing I need to replace is the coil. Presume they come in packs of five?

Also if I understand right the only thing I need to replace is the coil. Presume they come in packs of five?

If you like different flavours, it is good to have seperate clearo's i think. If you are happy with one flavour, then one would be fine too.

I personally have two Nautilus mini's, a large Nautilus & 2 ET-S.

My original ce-4 clearo, 2x iClear 16's & 2x protank mini's are sat up in the press as i consider them garbage.

You can buy the coils in whatever combination you want. I like to get the pack of 5 so they come in the box and i can their authenticity on the Aspire website

• Advertisement

I keep an aspire maxi and a davide (bit bigger 3ml and made of glass) going, just so I can have 2 flavours.

Yeah you only need to change the coil and give the clearo a wash out once in a while. The coils come in 5 packs but you can order as few or as many as you want, they'll split them for you.

Coolio. Much better informed now!

• Registered Users Posts: 895 ✭✭✭Dubba

moonboy52 wrote: »
    For me personally:

~€7 - Aspire ET-S

~€22 - Aspire Nautilus Mini

I always recommend e-smokeireland.eu but there are other great online and B&M stores in Ireland

How does the Nautilus Mini compare to the ET-S, is the Mini worth the extra?

I have the Kanger - protank, t3d and t2... I still prefer the t2 for flavour and the warmer vape. But am hearing good things about Aspires kit.

Dubba wrote: »
    How does the Nautilus Mini compare to the ET-S, is the Mini worth the extra?

I have the Kanger - protank, t3d and t2... I still prefer the t2 for flavour and the warmer vape. But am hearing good things about Aspires kit.

I personally think it is Dubba. The adjustable airlow and the BVC coils make it the best vaping experience, flavour and cloud wise for me so far.

I have not got into dripping yet though :).

I have 2 protank 3 mini's and for me i find the draw to be very airy. The ET-S is what i bought after the protank (nice tight draw with more vapour than the PT3 at least for me). I then stepped up to the Nautilus and it is a much improved experience over the PT3 and the ET-S.

• Registered Users Posts: 895 ✭✭✭Dubba

moonboy52 wrote: »
    I personally think it is Dubba. The adjustable airlow and the BVC coils make it the best vaping experience, flavour and cloud wise for me so far.

I have not got into dripping yet though :).

I have 2 protank 3 mini's and for me i find the draw to be very airy. The ET-S is what i bought after the protank (nice tight draw with more vapour than the PT3 at least for me). I then stepped up to the Nautilus and it is a much improved experience over the PT3 and the ET-S.

Cheers moonboy52, think I'll go with the Nautilus alright.

Haven't tried dripping myself yet either, even tho I'm off the smokes and vaping for a few years now... not to pushed to be honest.

Dubba wrote: »
    not to pushed to be honest.

Not too pushed either Dubba as of yet anyway. The new Aspire Atlantis could be the answer for us non-drippers who are looking for a bit more. No solid reviews of it out yet though.

Got my Aspire glasomiser today and my God I'm in love. It's better than a real smoke IMO.

On a side my VIP battery stopped charging and I found some moisture between the connections. Cleaned same and it's been working fine since.

Is that normal or a sign of a fading battery?

Got my Aspire glasomiser today and my God I'm in love. It's better than a real smoke IMO.

On a side my VIP battery stopped charging and I found some moisture between the connections. Cleaned same and it's been working fine since.

Is that normal or a sign of a fading battery?

Fairly normal.

Give your battery a clean with some tissue around the threads and inside the connection hole each day.

I'm using aspire ETS on a vip battery and I clean my battery 3 times a day, and the ets itself.

No harm in cleaning the usb charger too. Stops any moisture from drying into the battery/charger and wrecking them.

And nah, your battery ain't dying yet. Vip batteries tend to last about 8+ months once you've been cleaning them and not dropping them.

I've had one for two years that's withstood a hell of a lot of abuse, and still going strong :D

Cheers dude.

• Advertisement

Cheers dudette.

Fyp :D

Advertisement