Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vivid Clearomiser

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,080 ✭✭✭✭Big Nasty

Fyp :D

Oops!

• Registered Users Posts: 728 ✭✭✭pueblo

Big Nasty wrote: »
    Got my Aspire glasomiser today and my God I'm in love. It's better than a real smoke IMO.

On a side my VIP battery stopped charging and I found some moisture between the connections. Cleaned same and it's been working fine since.

Is that normal or a sign of a fading battery?

That's the great thing about vaping...I think it's a much better experience than smoking!

Having trouble charging again.

Battery and charger connections are clean.

Any ideas?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,687 ✭✭✭✭Penny Tration

Having trouble charging again.

Battery and charger connections are clean.

Any ideas?

Has the 'join' on your battery come loose?

What's happening when you charge it?

Are you using a mains charger? If you are, what brand (please don't say Apple)?

I'm charging it via a laptop USB port. The charger is getting power and the green light is on. When you twist on the battery nothing happens. No flashing on battery and charger light stays green even though battery needs a charge. Connections are clean.

Thanks for the quick and helpful responses BTW. :)

• Advertisement

I'm charging it via a laptop USB port. The charger is getting power and the green light is on. When you twist on the battery nothing happens. No flashing on battery and charger light stays green even though battery needs a charge. Connections are clean.

Thanks for the quick and helpful responses BTW. :)

Hmm, that's odd. Does your battery have a 'sticky out' button, or a flat one?

Sorry for the questions, just trying to figure out what's wrong with it!

Hmm, that's odd. Does your battery have a 'sticky out' button, or a flat one?

Sorry for the questions, just trying to figure out what's wrong with it!

No worries. It's the flat one.

• Registered Users Posts: 790 ✭✭✭Didihno

If you have a second ego battery try that charger on it too, those usb chargers are utter rubbish in terms of quality control. I think I've owned 6, 2 were doa and one failed after a week.

No worries. It's the flat one.

Okay. Is it working as normal when you're actually using it?

If it is, it's faulty, and the shop should replace it because they have a 28 day warranty on them.

If they won't replace, drop me a PM. if you're anywhere near Clondalkin (I work there), I'll see what I can do

Didihno wrote: »
    If you have a second ego battery try that charger on it too, those usb chargers are utter rubbish in terms of quality control. I think I've owned 6, 2 were doa and one failed after a week.

The vip usbs aren't bad tbh, never had any issues with them either personally, or from customers. Based on what op has said, i think his battery is fecked.

• Advertisement

(please don't say Apple)?
    Why would this be an issue?
    I've used my apple plug top adapter (obviously in this case powering the Ego usb charger) with no issues whatsoever, I also use my samsung, HTC and sony plug top adapters too.

No spare battery or charger. Guess it's time I got both. Anyone recommend a reasonable batt / chrg set I could get from E Smoke that will work with the Aspire ETS?

Okay. Is it working as normal when you're actually using it?

If it is, it's faulty, and the shop should replace it because they have a 28 day warranty on them.

If they won't replace, drop me a PM. if you're anywhere near Clondalkin (I work there), I'll see what I can do

Thanks JB! I didn't keep the box or receipt.

Thanks JB! I didn't keep the box or receipt.

You don't need packaging anyway. If you don't have a receipt, try the shop for a replacement. If they refuse, and if you're near clondalkin, drop me a pm, I'll tell you what days I'm working, and if you wanna drop into me, I'll sort you out.

Why would this be an issue?
    I've used my apple plug top adapter (obviously in this case powering the Ego usb charger) with no issues whatsoever, I also use my samsung, HTC and sony plug top adapters too.

Apple mains plugs are too powerful, and can cause a surge of electricity, which will burn out your battery. I've seen it a few times. I'm always using my OH's htc one with no issue.

All those stories you read about them blowing up are usually because they're using an Apple charger.

You don't need packaging anyway. If you don't have a receipt, try the shop for a replacement. If they refuse, and if you're near clondalkin, drop me a pm, I'll tell you what days I'm working, and if you wanna drop into me, I'll sort you out.

Many thanks :)

No spare battery or charger. Guess it's time I got both. Anyone recommend a reasonable batt / chrg set I could get from E Smoke that will work with the Aspire ETS?
    Honestly mate, the ego is now irrelevant with the arrival of the iStick.
    You just would not regret getting one of them. Fabulous and tiny device.

But if you want to stick with ego style stuff the VS2 you have is probably the best out there IMO, though any variable ego 'spinner' type battery will do the job.

Again though, get an iStick!

Apple mains plugs are too powerful, and can cause a surge of electricity, which will burn out your battery. I've seen it a few times. I'm always using my OH's htc one with no issue.

All those stories you read about them blowing up are usually because they're using an Apple charger.
    Wow, I did not know that. Luckily i haven't had cause to use any for that purpose since I found the mod world, but I have told plenty of people in the past it was fine to use any major brand phone plug top (because I had done so).
    Must tell the in-laws to stop using the apple plug.
    Or, not......

Honestly mate, the ego is now irrelevant with the arrival of the iStick.
    You just would not regret getting one of them. Fabulous and tiny device.

But if you want to stick with ego style stuff the VS2 you have is probably the best out there IMO, though any variable ego 'spinner' type battery will do the job.

Again though, get an iStick!

Thanks but I don't know what any of that means! :o

• Registered Users Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭EGriff

Get a tiny screwdriver or anything small and metal and gently pull up the connector on top of the battery. Work it around the side pulling it up a small bit at a time.

The Center Pin issue! - Fixing a non firing eGo b…: http://youtu.be/kBbqaEMgesc

• Advertisement

Thanks but I don't know what any of that means! :o

An ego battery is the type you're using, the threading on it is 'ego' style.

If you wanted to stick with that kind of battery, get one you can twist the end of, to change the voltage (the power it emits, it will increase or decrease throat hit).

Or, if you want a quite powerful kit, get an istick. They're about 40 euro, but double the power of the VIP batteries, and a little square shape. They come with a little adaptor to make your aspire clearos (also ego threading) fit on and work :)

Wow, I did not know that. Luckily i haven't had cause to use any for that purpose since I found the mod world, but I have told plenty of people in the past it was fine to use any major brand phone plug top (because I had done so).
    Must tell the in-laws to stop using the apple plug.
    Or, not......

Most phone chargers are grand, as their output is 5v, which is what the ego batteries can handle. I know my boyfriend's htc and my samsung chargers are 5v output. Most Apple ones are 12v, so it causes a power surge.

Brought back the VIP unit and swapped it for a new one, all good. Kept the charger from the old one and tested the new battery with it and it works fine so the battery was definitely the problem.

I'm not content with having only one battery now and would like to get a back up. Anyone care to link a reasonably priced one that fits both the ETS and the VIP charger? Something that isn't too bulky if possible. Looked at E Smoke and the battery choice doesn't seem great.

Once again thanks for the help and advice. I really need to change the title to 'Big Nasty's Noob Questions'! :o

Any ego connected battery would be fine I would have thought.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭EGriff

The istick would be the best choice for a battery. If you don't like that then check out the kanget ipow 2, has micro USB charging too but its round instead of boxy.

http://www.thebestshop.eu/shop/batteries/518-kanger-ipow-v2-1600mah-vw-lcd-battery.html

A vision spinner 2 will fit your charger too but I'd get something with USB if I was you.

• Registered Users Posts: 911 ✭✭✭Dramatik

Innokin iTaste vv is a nice battery if you're looking for a nice ego style battery. It's very compact and it has variable volts & watts, it goes up to 11 watts, which is a pretty decent amount of power for it's size. I think they're around 30 euro but well worth the money.

Do E Smoke do any of these lads?

Might be looking in the wrong place but can't find anything similar on their website.

Hmmmm. The istick thing would just mess with my OCD. The rest, if I understand correctly are battery cases? I would much prefer a complete unit.

• Advertisement

Most of the things being recommended (istick, itaste mvp) are square in shape (or rectangular), so if that's an issue with OCD, I'd really recommend going into the esmoke shop out in Palmerstown and see what they can recommend for you

Advertisement