Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

plumbers

• 11-11-2014 4:50pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 650 ✭✭✭

Ok my gas boiler is due its service and there is something leaking under the bath,

My regular guy i called Saturday, he returned the call Sunday said he would be here yesterday. No sign!

A phonecall to him last night, 2 today unreturned.

Time to call someone else!?

It's very frustrating to sit in for two days waiting.
    Not "painting all tradesmen" with the same brush but it would just be courtious to get a phonecall

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,654 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

handbagmad wrote: »
    Ok my gas boiler is due its service and there is something leaking under the bath,

My regular guy i called Saturday, he returned the call Sunday said he would be here yesterday. No sign!

A phonecall to him last night, 2 today unreturned.

Time to call someone else!?

It's very frustrating to sit in for two days waiting.
    Not "painting all tradesmen" with the same brush but it would just be courtious to get a phonecall

Hah, I'm in exactly the same position! (Except i've a different second problem)

Have spoken to the plumber twice recently and texted him twice in the last two days. I know he's reluctant to have a go at the second problem, but if he doesn't want to try/do it, why can't he just tell me instead of constantly assuring me that "he won't see me stuck" :mad:

Grrrrrrrrr.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,842 ✭✭✭Billy Bunting

why or why does everyone wait till this time of year to get the boiler serviced ??? there are 12 months in a year.

Because it's been off for most of the summer?

And anyway, in my case it's not the boiler service that has the plumber avoiding me (I'm guessing). I have no objection to waiting a week or two for that. But I need the other problem sorted out and he's stringing me along on that - why can't he just say yay or nay and let me move on if I need to?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 650 ✭✭✭handbagmad

why or why does everyone wait till this time of year to get the boiler serviced ??? there are 12 months in a year.

the boiler really isn't the big problem, I've told him that can wait. Its actually not due its service till next month.
    Its the fact im afraid my bath will go through the ceiling!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,852 ✭✭✭✭Dtp1979

the boiler really isn't the big problem, I've told him that can wait. Its actually not due its service till next month.
    Its the fact im afraid my bath will go through the ceiling!!

Cause like most of us this time of year we're snowed under with work and trying to get to everyone at the same time

• Advertisement

Dtp1979 wrote: »
    Cause like most of us this time of year we're snowed under with work and trying to get to everyone at the same time
    But if this is made clear, then there's no problem! Just say that you're up to your eyeballs and it may be a week or two - or whatever.

It's the fobbing off and not answering calls or texts that drives me (and I suspect the OP) mad.

In my case it's a guy who has done my boiler service before, he's really good and very nice and I'd love to give him the business - but I can't get hold of him to talk to him. If he doesn't want to do/attempt the second job - the potentially awkward one, but not as bad as he fears, I think - then that's fine - I just wish he'd tell me straight out so I can start trying to find someone else to do it!

Called another chap.
    bath issue sorted
    Boiler serviced. Very reasonable
    Lovely fella, great customer service.

Sorry bout the rant plumber men :)
    Best of luck with yours Heidi Heidi.

MOD can close thread if you wish

Called another chap.
    bath issue sorted
    Boiler serviced. Very reasonable
    Lovely fella, great customer service.

Sorry bout the rant plumber men :)
    Best of luck with yours Heidi Heidi.

MOD can close thread if you wish

Any chance of his number? :D

Dtp1979 wrote: »

I absolutely can understand that mate but not letting customer be aware they might not be calling is a bit crappy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,164 ✭✭✭✭Sleeper12

Totally agree. It's like leaving buy Santa presents till Christmas eve. Just not a good idea. :-)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,842 ✭✭✭Billy Bunting

I did a postcard hit on 400 of my service customers a couple of years ago, mid summer, offering 20% off early season boiler services before end of July, I was hoping to ease the work load for this time of year, I had 4 customers take me up. :confused:

Advertisement