Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Permanent TSB cheque

Options
  • 11-11-2014 6:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,991 ✭✭✭

Hi All,

Several years ago, i use to do some work that was paid in cheque to me. The cheque was not crossed and i was always able to go the branch where the cheque would be drawn on and cash it with relevant ID.

I have received a cheque for permanent TSB this week with a similar situation. In my name, not crossed. If i went to the branch of Permanent TSB with ID, would the situation be the same - be able to cash it?

I am aware that i could go to my own bank and lodge it (BOI) but I would ideally like to get the cash before next Monday.

Thanks in advance,
    Meta.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,115 ✭✭✭✭Nervous Wreck

Ptsb don't cash cheques anymore.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,991 ✭✭✭metamorphosis

Ptsb don't cash cheques anymore.

really? Am I missing a reason for this? Seems so strange.

Better off just lodging so.

Thanks,
    Meta

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,115 ✭✭✭✭Nervous Wreck

really? Am I missing a reason for this? Seems so strange.

Better off just lodging so.

Thanks,
    Meta

To cut down on the margin for fraud, I'd suspect! I don't think AIB cash them either but it's been a good while since I've closed my AIB account so I'm not really sure....

Advertisement