Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

starting a new business

Options
  • 11-11-2014 6:34pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 616 ✭✭✭

I've just came off the dole and am now in receipt of the back to work enterprise allowance. I've filled in my tr1 form, regiesterd for income tax. I've regiesterd my business name with cro just yesterday and received an email from them saying, RBN1, reg of bus, name individual, sub no ******, no ( not yet allocated) name *********, effective from 8 Nov 14.

I'm trying to set up my web site and domain name but need my rbn1. Can I use my sub no when registering a domain name or do I have to wait awhile until I'm issued a no ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

https://www.iedr.ie/register-a-domain/document-requirements/

You can but it sounds like its easier to just wait for the RBN to come through!

I am interested in starting a business, but am not yet registered for trading purposes
    If you intend to use the proposed domain name for trading purposes, but are not yet registered as a sole trader, we need the following documentation to proceed with registration:

(A) A copy of your ID, such as any one of the following:
    Irish passport
    Irish driver’s licence
    Irish revenue document, Social welfare document/card showing PPS no
    Irish birth certificate
    Irish marriage certificate
    Irish utility bill (e.g. UPC/SKY/Electric Ireland/Airtricity /Bord Gais/Eircom etc.)
    A copy of an Irish bank statement for a personal account, with the financial details blanked out.

(B) Your proof of Irish address. This will only be required if this is not provided with your ID, e.g. a recent utility bill.

(C) You will also be required to submit a letter outlining your claim on the proposed domain name, explaining what the domain name means and explaining why you wish to apply for it. If your claim references a third party you may be asked to provide further documentation from the third party. This documentation should confirm that you are authorised to get the domain name.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 616 ✭✭✭duckcfc

jimmii wrote: »
    https://www.iedr.ie/register-a-domain/document-requirements/

You can but it sounds like its easier to just wait for the RBN to come through!

I am interested in starting a business, but am not yet registered for trading purposes
    If you intend to use the proposed domain name for trading purposes, but are not yet registered as a sole trader, we need the following documentation to proceed with registration:

(A) A copy of your ID, such as any one of the following:
    Irish passport
    Irish driver’s licence
    Irish revenue document, Social welfare document/card showing PPS no
    Irish birth certificate
    Irish marriage certificate
    Irish utility bill (e.g. UPC/SKY/Electric Ireland/Airtricity /Bord Gais/Eircom etc.)
    A copy of an Irish bank statement for a personal account, with the financial details blanked out.

(B) Your proof of Irish address. This will only be required if this is not provided with your ID, e.g. a recent utility bill.

(C) You will also be required to submit a letter outlining your claim on the proposed domain name, explaining what the domain name means and explaining why you wish to apply for it. If your claim references a third party you may be asked to provide further documentation from the third party. This documentation should confirm that you are authorised to get the domain name.

Thanks for that. I think I'll wait for the number rather than send my details away like that

• Registered Users Posts: 2,965 ✭✭✭Help!!!!

duckcfc wrote: »
    I've just came off the dole and am now in receipt of the back to work enterprise allowance.

Was there much hassle in getting accepted for the back to work enterprise allowance?

Help!!!! wrote: »
    Was there much hassle in getting accepted for the back to work enterprise allowance?

Sailed through. It was just a box ticking meeting then off I go. I've 1500 grant for tools,advertising etc. as well so all good thou could have done with few more k lol

duckcfc wrote: »
    Sailed through. It was just a box ticking meeting then off I go. I've 1500 grant for tools,advertising etc. as well so all good thou could have done with few more k lol

Yeah im hoping to do it too....doing a couple of courses before then
    Wasn't sure how it was done

• Advertisement

Yeah im hoping to do it too....doing a couple of courses before then
    Wasn't sure how it was done

They want people of the dole, I know they still pay you but it looks better for their stats if you come of the live register so its now a straight forward process. Some people are on it and not earning a penny just so they don't have to work on tus for 20euro a week. Me however, I can't wait to get back out working because sitting at home is to soul destroying.

Did you have to do a business plan for it?
    Do you get the grant straight away?

Did you have to do a business plan for it?
    Do you get the grant straight away?

Yes a business plan is needed but its just to log away for their own paper work.

Grant takes few weeks

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭andy t

what kind of business are you starting ?
    & whats the quantity of the grant based on ?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,209 ✭✭✭shamrock55

Well done op, fair play to you for starting your own business, i too am considering this, can i ask who did you speak to about the enterprise allowance,and also is 1500euro the max grant you can get, do you get all your dole for the first 12mths?. Im going to do a start your own business course first though i think. Best of luck with it anyway mate;)

• Advertisement
Advertisement