Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Aer Lingus 10% Off- Wednesday 12th Nov

Options
  • 11-11-2014 6:37pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 62 ✭✭

Might be useful if you were already going to book... Won't be rushing to book myself...

Enter the code 10percent in the promo code box on aerlingus.com. Wed 12th only...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 508 ✭✭✭meolwan

itsallok wrote: »
    Might be useful if you were already going to book... Won't be rushing to book myself...

Enter the code 10percent in the promo code box on aerlingus.com. Wed 12th only...

Anyone get this code to work tried to book flights to Izmir and getting message the code is invalid .

• Registered Users Posts: 7,328 ✭✭✭CH3OH

meolwan wrote: »
    Anyone get this code to work tried to book flights to Izmir and getting message the code is invalid .

"we’re taking an extra 10% off, giving you 30% off fares to the UK and Europe for travel from December to April"

I looked at April flights and the code seems to work. i.e, the flights were cheaper when I searched using the code.

Perhaps you were looking at Summer flights?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,194 ✭✭✭padyjoe

Thank you OP but joke as usual! A return flight for January is €148 with a different promo(no code needed). Applying the code brings down to €141. Wow!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,339 ✭✭✭How Strange

Yes, it seems to be another Aer Lingus smoke and mirrors sale. It's definitely not 10% cheaper than the flights in January that I looked up last night.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,443 ✭✭✭ams

its 10% off the fare which does not include the taxes and charges - you might save a tenner on a standard flight.

Does anyone know if Aer Lingus have another sale in December? Comparing flights I booked to Amsterdam last December with the price in this sale and they are much higher now.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 62 ✭✭itsallok

padyjoe wrote: »
    Thank you OP but joke as usual! A return flight for January is €148 with a different promo(no code needed). Applying the code brings down to €141. Wow!

Sorry it wasn't much use. But, if I was booking a flight anyway I'd check here first, so thought someone might find it useful if doing same.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,208 ✭✭✭keithclancy

padyjoe wrote: »

It's better than a kick in the stones, if you like you can think of it as a fee cup of tea and a sandwich :P

• Registered Users Posts: 3,614 ✭✭✭The Sparrow

Where do you enter the promo code?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,194 ✭✭✭padyjoe

itsallok wrote: »
    Sorry it wasn't much use. But, if I was booking a flight anyway I'd check here first, so thought someone might find it useful if doing same.

Jeez! Don't get me wrong! Your post is appreciated it's not against you saving few bob is always welcome! Just the Aer Lingus way of doing promos blows the fuse.

• Registered Users Posts: 256 ✭✭sallymomo

I tried using the code this morning but it won't work??
    I put it in the homepage when I was selecting flights and dates and get the following error:
    The Promo Code entered is invalid. Please click Continue below to proceed without a promotional discount or click Start Again to reenter the correct Promo Code.

Its the exact code they emailed me...10percent

Its a December flight to London, will save me 20 cents each way..but I was just checking to see if it worked.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭Dr.TV

Works for me, although only knocks €16 off a €468 price flight when comparing flights. Still €16 euro thought, nice one!

• Registered Users Posts: 498 ✭✭Leprechaun77

I have been monitoring flights for 2 adults and 2 children over the last few weeks. They have remained fairly static, with the most recent 20% sale knocking €45 off the total cost. The figure has been roughly €537 return, however when I check today, the total cost is over a grand, including the EXTRA 10% off.....now either a shed load of people have booked this flight in the last few hours, or they are pricking around as usual.( It is a mideweek flight at the end of March!)

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭walsh08

delete your browsing history and cookies leprechaun 77.

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭MelachiT

The code wouldn't work for me also. Was quoted €230 for return flights to London for 2 with AL, got same dates with Ryanair for €98.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,501 ✭✭✭zagmund

Used it this morning for flights to Cardiff. Somehow the outbound fare was €0 (with €20-€30 "charges that aren't a fare, but are really", so I got a discount of 10% of €0. The return flight was more expensive - I think it was €4 or so for the fare. Meantime the "charges that aren't a fare, but are really" came to something like another €30 for the second leg so I got 40c off a €70 return fare.

I don't think there's anything in the airport to be bought for 40c - maybe I could convince BK to sell me some sachets of ketchup or something.

EI are just being silly with this sort of stuff. It didn't make any difference to me whether I saved 40c off what was already a reasonable fare, but going to all that hoohaa and then not actually discounting the price paid by the customer is a bit crap. Yes, I know there are some bits they can't discount like the DAA elements, but that never stopped FR from subsidising their €1 fares.

z

Advertisement