Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Exercise Options in the city?

Options
  • 11-11-2014 7:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4

Hi All
    Does anyone know of any reasonably priced personal trainers in Galway city for people on a budget? I'm interested in getting some exercise but I'm a bit of a lazy sod and can't do it on my own. There are alot of trainers in Galway but they seem very expensive to me. I also have a back condition and have to be careful. Or does anyone know of some pay as you go Zumba or not too high impact exercise classes without having to join a gym? I feel I'll be lost in that type of environment....

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

If you have a bad back maybe swimming is an option? Whereabouts are you (east/west/centre)?

• Registered Users Posts: 4 wonderwall14

West. Knocknacarra.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 wonderwall14

And I can't swim. But thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

The closest options to you I can think of are Clybaun, Ardilaun and Leisureland
    You could kill two birds with one stone and learn to swim and get fit at the same time.

Dancing is also fairly good on the back, if that's an option.
    Spinning good for the back and great exercise.

Check each of those links and see what they offer and what you like.

Btw, there is a new sports centre in Cappagh park. Go over and have a look.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,477 ✭✭✭youngrun

Join a running club like Galway City Harriers, they have fit for life programme with hundreds running Mon and Thurs from Westside library, check their website

• Advertisement
  • Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 5,620 ✭✭✭El_Dangeroso

Mindful movements pilates in liosban isn't cheap, €20 per session, but cheap compared to a personal trainer and you do get very individual attention.

It's reformer machine pilates so basically tailor made for rehab from injuries and I have to say you do notice results quite quickly.

Intro classes are €10 if you want to try it out to see if you think it will work for you.

It's exercise while lying down so I love it :)

Advertisement