Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Assassin's Creed Unity! Gamestop midnight release!

Options
  • 11-11-2014 8:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 23

Hey guys, now apart from the apparent disappointing reviews, I've bought and loved every Assassins Creed game so far and no doubt I'll love this by the looks of it, but I was wondering, I know some Gamestop stores are doing a midnight release? First midnight release I've been to and I'm going to the one in Cork, but you guys know what time they open the doors and when to even start queuing if needs be? :D

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Madness to give them 70 quid and queue up for the privilege :eek:

It's 54.99 in smyths and likely similar in argos.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 687 ✭✭✭Dayum

Unity is only 23 quid.

I see the console peasants are still being taken to the cleaners.... lol

• Registered Users Posts: 2,790 ✭✭✭2Mad2BeMad

Dayum wrote: »
    Unity is only 23 quid.

yawn :rolleyes:

OP - normally two queues , people who pre ordered only normally but I'd doubt this will be popular enough like gta5 was in terms of been low on stock with so many buying it.

So expect 1 queue, line up and buy it. If theirs loads of people they might make you buy it first then queue again to collect to make sure they have enough to give out.

Wouldn't pay 70e anyway for it far to much for a game in any case. Would go with amazon or argos/smyths in the morning

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,660 ✭✭✭COYVB

Buy Rogue instead

• Registered Users Posts: 10,826 ✭✭✭✭martingriff

COYVB wrote: »
    Buy Rogue instead

Except Unity is for Playstation 4 and XBOX One and Rogue is for last gen

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,660 ✭✭✭COYVB

Except Unity is for Playstation 4 and XBOX One and Rogue is for last gen

Yeah, I know that. Rogue actually works and is a decent game though

• Registered Users Posts: 2,426 ✭✭✭recyclops

Dayum wrote: »
    Unity is only 23 quid.

not if they shop around they aint. Like PC users on there high horse we can also look for the cheapest possible way my copy would cost me 43 euro though i wouldnt pay for it

• Registered Users Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭ZiabR

calex71 wrote: »
    Madness to give them 70 quid and queue up for the privilege :eek:

It's 54.99 in smyths and likely similar in argos.

Agree 100% with you mate. Why people still buy in Gamestop is beyond me... Why would you pay 70 euro for a game when it can be got for 55-60 in Argos and Smyths. And before you say, Gamestop do trade ins, so do Smyths and they give good prices.

In relation to getting it on day of release, why? The game is not 100% ready. You are going to queue outside a store that is the most expensive in the country to buy a game that is not finished? Hmm

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,244 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Work out at 50 on amazon

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement