Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Romantic Dinner

Options
  • 11-11-2014 9:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4

Hi, I'm looking for recommendations for a really nice restaurant for my OHs birthday. I want to book somewhere really special, where the food is great and not the regular run of the mill menu and I'd like it to be somewhere where the service is great. I really want to go all out and treat him in a romantic setting :) Thanks in advance!

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,880 Mod ✭✭✭✭BeerNut

Hard to beat Chapter One for that sort of thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

Can't argue with Chapter One handy location bang in the centre of town.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,606 ✭✭✭schemingbohemia

The Greenhouse is superb also, the tasting menu with matching wines was the best meal I've ever had. Nice and intimate with excellent service.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭Teyla Emmagan

I haven't been to Greenhouse but it doesn't look at all romantic in there. More sterile than anything else and full of businessmen. Businessmen are not romantic. Chapter One is faultless in terms of service, and has a lovely atmosphere. What about the pig's ear? Slightly less expensive but same standard of food and service and a cosy romantic room. Candles and tablecloths. Also a nicer part of town if you fancy a drink after.

I haven't been to Greenhouse but it doesn't look at all romantic in there. More sterile than anything else and full of businessmen. Businessmen are not romantic. Chapter One is faultless in terms of service, and has a lovely atmosphere. What about the pig's ear? Slightly less expensive but same standard of food and service and a cosy romantic room. Candles and tablecloths. Also a nicer part of town if you fancy a drink after.

Well I have been there and it was romantic, it's candle lit in the evening. It was all couples with one group the night I was there.

Granted at lunch time it doesn't look as good, but perhaps the OP might be better taking advice from someone who was actually there rather than from someone who looked in the window at lunchtime?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭Teyla Emmagan

Well I have been there and it was romantic, it's candle lit in the evening. It was all couples with one group the night I was there.

Granted at lunch time it doesn't look as good, but perhaps the OP might be better taking advice from someone who was actually there rather than from someone who looked in the window at lunchtime?

Oh excuse me for not dining in your elevated circles!! It's not like the rest of us can't read reviews or write ups in the paper! I was actually basing half of that on my best friend's 40th birthday last May. Her husband bought her for dinner, she said they were nearly the only couple in the place.

Oh excuse me for not dining in your elevated circles!! It's not like the rest of us can't read reviews or write ups in the paper! I was actually basing half of that on my best friend's 40th birthday last May. Her husband bought her for dinner, she said they were nearly the only couple in the place.

Nothing elevated about it at all, just stating my actual experience was perhaps a better indicator than your impression from other people/reviews/mates.

My experience is based on a meal there 2 weeks ago. I don't normally go to restaurants as expensive as the Greenhouse but thought the food, service and atmosphere was brilliant.

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,223 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

Cut out the bickering

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

Advertisement