Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Delivery-failed docket - DHL - Dec 20th 2013

Options
  • 11-11-2014 10:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 15,127 ✭✭✭✭

Okay this is a long shot however, let me ask:
    Ask anyone found a delivery failed docket addressed to them (in name) some considerable time after delivery date on docket; cannot remember what the docket was for; cannot remember if collected or delivered and now docket reference number is showing as invalid online via dhl.ie ? :o

Long story short: On December 20th last I was expecting a delivery that for the life of me I cannot remember what for. My now Late Loving Dad was waiting at home to sign for it; and one of the last ever conversations I had with Dad was in me telling him it's okay to forget about it & just take Mom as she delivered some Christmas gifts. On that trip Dad suffered a massive heart-attack and passed away.
    Only tonight after a clear-up on some items I put on the long finger, I found this delivery-failed docket. The reference number, from Dec 20th last is showing as invalid, prob due to time since.
    I cannot remember what it was for; if I received the item(s) involved. I'll phone them when they open but just curious has anything similar happened; and did you ever find out what the delivery was for?

Many Thanks in advance,
    kerry4sam

/obviously nothing important in the grand scheme of things, just curious now to be honest.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

As you say, just call them. I'm sure they can trace a record of it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,391 ✭✭✭fro9etb8j5qsl2

Not sure what DHLs procedure is but I would imagine that it would be somewhat similar to An Posts which is:

The parcel is held at the depot for a certain amount of time after the delivery was attempted. If the parcel is not collected, someone will attempt to make contact with the recipient. If contact cannot be made, then the parcel will be returned to sender and all details of the parcel are logged. If there is no return address available, the details are logged and the parcel gets sent to a vault and after a certain amount of time will be destroyed if no contact is made.

So regardless of what happened to the parcel, they should have some way of tracing it.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,127 ✭✭✭✭kerry4sam

Just an update: DHL only keep the tracking live for upto 3-months.

On thinking back though, I must have whatever it was. Whenever I order anything I label it and star in. On receiving any item(s) I remove the star - just a way of me knowing not to keep an eye on it anymore.

I don't have anything with a star from around that time. When I went through all other items purchased around that time online, I can't find anything listed that I don't have (primarily books).

Maybe I did receive it at some point over that week before Christmas, but it doesn't matter now anyways. At least I now know DHL only keep the tracking number live & active for upto 3-months. I do know that I did not get back to all the calls & texts I received at that time & if a number I didn't know, then very little chance that I returned the call at all tbh.

Thanks for your info & advice in here :)
    kerry4sam

• Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭numbernine

Why dont you check credit/debit card statements to see what was bought around that time, might help you remember

Advertisement