Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Are institute of education HL maths revision courses worthwhile?

• 12-11-2014 12:04am
    Registered Users Posts: 3

I am a 6th year student. Would love a B in HL maths. Are the institute courses good? Or are other Christmas/Easter courses better? Or is it better to get grinds? Living in Dublin

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 881 ✭✭✭AtomicKoala

Honestly with Maths the trick is to do as many questions from each topic as possible, and get help when you get stuck :)

I don't feel a revision course is conducive to that. A maths revision course will merely give you notes which are analogous to the book you've already bought.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 594 ✭✭✭d1234

Personally I don't think so. I had a look at the topics covered and they are possibly some of the easier sections of the course. For 300 euro that could easily get you 10 sets of one hour grinds one to one and if you made a list of the topics you are struggling with and sort them out, I'd say that it would be a better bet.

Advertisement