Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Standard BVC Coils Gurgling

Options
  • 12-11-2014 1:06am
    Registered Users Posts: 6,393 ✭✭✭

Started using the new BVC coils last week , Aspire Vivi Nova-S , Aspire ET-S and Our Glorious Leader , The Mini Nautilus with the bigger coil and all 3 are gurgling on me :( .

The Mini Nautilus I can cure (ish) by tilting it up and the ET-S ain't too bad either but the Vivi Nova is a complete disaster no matter what I do .

All 3 of them are ok if I just take a pull off it every now and again but none of them are up to any form of chain vaping with the Vivi being worst and the ET-S best .

Anyone else getting this ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,555 ✭✭✭youdipstick

I have a dozen devices with all different liquid flavors on a mixture of different Nautilus's,all using the BVC & only one that keeps gurgling all the time,no matter what I do to it,it just wants to gurgle,I just put it down to a dodgy coil,maybe there is something else going on,but 1 out of 12 is good going,when I eventually swap the coils over,there might be a worse result that I'm getting now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,857 ✭✭✭dball

Jonski, I agree with you - most are gurgling. pain in the A$$ - Im trying to source the bdc coils but there are very few available - I personally think (in my case) the bvc are too powerful for the smaller tanks like the aspire maxi (i use 4 of these at one time) all 4 are too noisy for me but they gurgle alot also.

I think a slightly larger tank might work but Im guessing the vivi tank you mentioned has a larger capacity so my theory is screwed.

anyone else have any ideas - it could be the pg-vg ratios??

• Registered Users Posts: 1,005 ✭✭✭JH_raheny

when still using pre-made coils I found they would be prone to gurgling if chain vaping and dragging to hard, you kinda have to find the balance with airflow and pressure in the tank to avoid gurgling/flooding

• Registered Users Posts: 469 ✭✭nuttyboy79

I seen somewhere that they don't perform well at low wattage. I've been using them too and find just after a fill or when the clearo gets below a certain level they gurgle something to do with the vacuum I think but usually a flick of the wrist sorts it. I've been using them in the E-TS and a Peakomiser (until it broke).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,005 ✭✭✭JH_raheny

on the 5ml Nautilus I found it worked best if refilled when down to about 1.5ml and not to fill over 4.5ml

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,393 ✭✭✭jonski

I can get them to work okish ( easier to tilt up and higher wattage ) on my Vamo but they really don't like my little 18350 pipe mods which is what I use them on .

Is the pipe variable voltage/wattage

Is the pipe variable voltage/wattage

Nope

Let me get this straight,you are using a dual BVC on this pipe,if that is true,there is not enough power from the pipe to run a dual coil,at the most for a few drags it will give an output of 3.7v,you need at least 4.0v & upwards,I power my BVC coils no less than 4.2v,normally I vape these coils at 4.5v,you mentioned the vamo,shove that up to 4.2v or 12w & you will find a difference in taste,gurgling & vapor.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,857 ✭✭✭dball

Let me get this straight,you are using a dual BVC on this pipe,if that is true,there is not enough power from the pipe to run a dual coil,at the most for a few drags it will give an output of 3.7v,you need at least 4.0v & upwards,I power my BVC coils no less than 4.2v,normally I vape these coils at 4.5v,you mentioned the vamo,shove that up to 4.2v or 12w & you will find a difference in taste,gurgling & vapor.

Would that be the same advice for using a mvp2 - i normally use it at about 3.6 V to get the best flavour - would you be recommending moving the dial over 4.0 V with a 1.9 bvc

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭EGriff

They work fine at 3.7volts. I have one here in a davide on a non vv evod battery. I use them with twists too but I keep it around 4volts.

No gurgling, just loud crackling and it spits juice so I have to point it away from myself and press the button for half a second before I take a vape.

Yes , I am running these BVC coils ( which I thought were single coil and not dual coil like the last ones , no ? ) on my mechanical 18350 3.7v pipe which had no problem running the older BDC dual coils . The very reason I mentioned the pipe was because I was running out of reasons as to why I was having such a hard time with them and thought it might be this .

• Registered Users Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭EGriff

fayvirtue wrote: »
    I have never had that kind of trouble because I use a eSTICK with a dual coil atomizer.

So you keep saying... in every thread :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,193 ✭✭✭moonboy52

I have read folks on the forums recommend:
      Fill the tank with the airhole closed
      Hold the device horizontal, with each airhole facing down on kitchen paper and blow the trapped liquid out
      Use an air compressor to clean out the airholes

I can usually sort it by taking the whole Nautilus apart and cleaning it and trying again.

Twice it would not fix the issue and i put it down to a bad coil and replaced the coil.

I am sure you have tried all this Jonski, but just throwing my experience out there (iStick and MVP 2 as power)

Yeah Moonboy52 , I kinda have the Nautilus under control it's the standard bvc's in the Vivi Nova-s that are giving me grief .

dball wrote: »
    Would that be the same advice for using a mvp2 - i normally use it at about 3.6 V to get the best flavour - would you be recommending moving the dial over 4.0 V with a 1.9 bvc

We are all looking for the sweet spot,all mods will be different & it changes the whole ball game depending on what type of juice,I have two MVP 1 & I use 4.8v on one & 4.5v on the other,I use the big Nautilus with the same ohm's but different liquids,if you know what I mean,it's all trial & error,if it works good at 5v or even higher on another mod,do it,at the end of the day,you want excellent flavour & throat hit,I clean & dry burn most of my coils regularly,it keeps them in good shape & delivers what I want,also extends the life of the atty by 2 or 3 times,hope this helps a bit,we are here to help eachother,I don't know everything,always somebody here to put their two penny's worth in to help.

Apologies Jonski, i read through the thread a bit too quick :o

I clean & dry burn most of my coils

if you have time youdipstick, could you give a brief rundown on the process you go through dry burning your coils? It is something i have never done but have seen it shown on Youtube. Would like to hear how you do it. Cheers man :)

moonboy52 wrote: »
    if you have time youdipstick, could you give a brief rundown on the process you go through dry burning your coils? It is something i have never done but have seen it shown on Youtube. Would like to hear how you do it. Cheers man :)

Yeah,no problem,the only barrel shape coil you can dry burn is a BVC coil & a iclear 30s that I know of.
    Firstly unscrew your coil out & put it under a fast running tap for 15 secs,then just leave it on a paper towel overnight.
    If I'm in a hurry,I shake the coil a few times & then screw it back into the base,next,you connect it to a battery & hold the firing button down for 1 to 2 secs,keep repeating this until you see the coil heat up,then put it all back together.
    The other type is a coil that has short wicks sticking out the side with an air tube coming up through the middle of the coil.
    On this air tube,there is rubbery type seal,take it off & then hold the air tube & rock it back & forth while pulling it,once the air tube is free,you will see 1 or 2 flavor wicks,pull them out with tweezers or something,you will now see a coil wrapped around a short bit of silica,run it under the tap & repeat what you did above.
    You will probably need to put 1 or 2 flavr wicks back in,I keep the old iclear 30 attys & cut a short bit off from the old wicks or use a short piece from silica you may have & put it all back together,my arthritis has just kicked in on my hands with all this typing,any questions,just ask,it is very hard to explain this in words.
    Good Luck...

I have just noticed that you are just up the road from me,if you ever go through Dungarvan,send a message & let me know & call in.

Yeah,no problem...

very detailed reply man, appreciate it and the offer to see it done in person! :)

So with the BVC coils you just pulse it, until no more vapour comes out, essentially removing all traces of the liquid or just a few pulses?

• Advertisement

I do something the same as above but first I steep it in vodka overnight , it seems to me to get a lot more juice and gunk out .

If I intend to keep to the same liquid,I just pulse it til it glows bright,changing liquid,I would pulse more to get rid of all the vapor & then run it under the tap & let it sit overnight.

Coils are a funny lot,they need pampering & a good talking to...LOL
    I have 3 Vision Victory Clearo's & they gurgle like mad if they are kept upright,it took me a good few months to work out a solution to the problem & just by chance I replaced one of my devices in the bedroom with one of the VV clearo,I do not use a mod stand in the bedroom,so all my mods lay down horizontally & a week has passed & no gurgling,the other 2 VV downstairs are gurgling away quite happily,I brought up the other 2 & laid them down flat & the gurgling completely stopped on all 3,it has been over 6 months now & they are still behaving themselves,all 3 still have the same coils,my coils can live up to a year or more because I do a round robin vaping on all my devices,I 'm not a chain vapor but I do take a vape every 1 to 2 mins,doing the round robin thing doesn't stress out my coils,in the bedroom,I round robin 10 devices,en suite has 9 & the kitchen where I do all my building has about 40,if my Wife was here today,there is no way she would agree to turning the house into a vaping den & no garden for a shed.
    You get addicted to shiny things & then you need something else like brass or copper & now I'm mad about wood,when does it stop,I love messing about with vaping gear,my health has stopped me from my other hobbies like motor biking & sailing,so I'm glad I have vaping to keep me busy,sorry for the rant,I had to get it out...LOL
    In case you don't know what a Vision Victory is,here is a link....
    http://www.thebestshop.eu/shop/clearomizers/312-vision-victory-bcc-clearomizer.html

I'm done with the Vivi Nova-S and the BVC's after a mouth full of liquid last night , back to the BDC's on this tank .

jonski wrote: »
    I'm done with the Vivi Nova-S and the BVC's after a mouth full of liquid last night , back to the BDC's on this tank .

I think the Chinese suppliers are sending our vendors some ropey coils,last night I changed out 2 BDC coils in an Aspire Mini & they were crap,they just wouldn't wick,I suppose we get a good day & a bad day with coils & mods,it seems that you had a really bad day,did it end up on the wall or in the fire:D:D

,did it end up on the wall or in the fire:D:D

Oh so close , what saved it was the fact that it is the only tank I have that looks right on my King ePipe , otherwise it would have been put under the hammer , the 4LB lump hammer .

Oh so close , what saved it was the fact that it is the only tank I have that looks right on my King ePipe , otherwise it would have been put under the hammer , the 4LB lump hammer .

Funny you should say that,the 2 bad coils from the Aspire mini is from my X-Fire Pipe,must be Pipe week.

Funny you should say that,the 2 bad coils from the Aspire mini is from my X-Fire Pipe,must be Pipe week.

I'm liking that pipe , I'm guessing you didn't get it in Ireland ?

I'm liking that pipe , I'm guessing you didn't get it in Ireland ?

No,got it at UK Ecig,it is variable voltage,I need around 4.2v upwards,I did try the 618 pipe but the 3.7 didn't do it for me,its difficult to fit a dripper on a pipe:D:D

They are out of stock atm :( , I had a look at the 618 but it seemed to flimsy so I went for the King instead and it's only now that I am a few months into vaping that I am seeing the advantages of VV/VW . I am liking the look of the SMOK Guardian Epipe Mod II

• Advertisement

That pipe would be good,up to 15w,ideal pipe,power up any clearo.

Advertisement