Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Changing Stock on CZ455

Options
  • 12-11-2014 1:30am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,146 ✭✭✭

Hi lads, I am thinking of changing the stock on my CZ455. Has anyone done it and if so where did ye get it done. Was thinking of getting a synthetic stock and wonder would I get anything for the original stock if I was to sell it, would it suit anything else.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭Baker.22

Have done it, takes 2 minutes to change. Old stock might be worth €20, but if it's the thumbhole version or target then a bit more.

• Registered Users Posts: 601 ✭✭✭rsole1

Baker.22 wrote: »
    Have done it, takes 2 minutes to change. Old stock might be worth €20, but if it's the thumbhole version or target then a bit more.

Where do you get synthetic stocks from?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,146 ✭✭✭fiestaman

Baker.22 wrote: »

Thanks. Could you post up some pictures? Mine is a thumbhole.

• Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭Baker.22

fiestaman wrote: »
    Thanks. Could you post up some pictures? Mine is a thumbhole.

Sorry mine is not synthetic, it's for benchrest international sporter class, but you should try your RFD, and search the internet, as far as I'm aware you do not need an import license, you can fit it yourself easily

• Registered Users Posts: 35 outfoxing

I might be interested in that stock I have a cz 455 american with a traditional stock and if the price is right and it fits let me know

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,146 ✭✭✭fiestaman

outfoxing wrote: »
    I might be interested in that stock I have a cz 455 american with a traditional stock and if the price is right and it fits let me know

Ok lad, it will be a a couple of weeks before I make up me mind, have to see what's out there first.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88 ✭✭021CRETE01

Hi,
    Just wondering, if you end up buying the thumbhole stock from "Fiestaman" would you be selling your own 455 American stock? I have a 455 Lux but want to change.

• Registered Users Posts: 35 outfoxing

I prefer a traditional stock so changing would only be a bit of a fad, as the mrs keeps telling me , thanks anyway

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88 ✭✭021CRETE01

I prefer a traditional stock so changing would only be a bit of a fad, as the mrs keeps telling me , thanks anyway

Hi again,

I totally understand about fads (I love them).I'm not sure why you were thinking of changing your stock, but my reason for changing is that (due to age) my eyesight won't allow me use open sights properly (something I did not consider when purchasing) so therefore I need a stock with a higher cheek piece. So whatever reasons you had for changing (including a fad) might you be interested in a clear exchange of your AMERICAN and my LUX WALNUT stocks, both being totally original? Either way thanks for your reply.

Advertisement