Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Moving from Oz to Canada next March ?

Options
  • 12-11-2014 5:36am
    Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭

Hi just looking for as much advice as possible been here for 7 months now but my mates dad has work lined up for us with the construction comply kiewit.

Should I apply for a working holiday visa or what and when can/should I apply want to do it asap ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 491 ✭✭againstthetide

McGeezerr wrote: »
    Hi just looking for as much advice as possible been here for 7 months now but my mates dad has work lined up for us with the construction comply kiewit.

Should I apply for a working holiday visa or what and when can/should I apply want to do it asap ?

IEC is not open yet ususally December/January
    Can they apply for a LMIA for you?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭el diablo

IEC is not open yet ususally December/January
    Can they apply for a LMIA for you?

Don't think Kiewit have an LMIA.

We're all in this psy-op together.🤨

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,221 ✭✭✭braddun

as the price of oil drops expect the Canadian economy to drop as well

where are you moving to in Canada some housing is expensive

are you under 35

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,660 ✭✭✭COYVB

braddun wrote: »
    as the price of oil drops expect the Canadian economy to drop as well

Middle East oil prices don't affect the already cheaper Canadian oil industry that much

OP see if they'll do an lmo for you. That way you can also do an IEC down the line if you like it here and fancy moving to another area/line of work

COYVB wrote: »
    Middle East oil prices don't affect the already cheaper Canadian oil industry that much

This is incorrect. The low oil prices is certainly having an impact in Alberta with several projects in the oil sands being postponed or cancelled.

If oil prices go much lower it will have a big impact on the Canadian economy (especially Alberta).

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,660 ✭✭✭COYVB

That's more down to the surplus of natural gas is it not?

COYVB wrote: »
    That's more down to the surplus of natural gas is it not?

No, it's low oil prices. If oil prices continue to drop then many oil sands projects will become uneconomical.

Advertisement