Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

iPad 2 not working after iOS 8 update

• 12-11-2014 7:49am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,848 ✭✭✭

Wifi is knackered on iPad 2
    I have tried to get this working again by following the online suggestions to no avail
    Is there something I've missed
    Any help greatly appreciated
    Really putting me off buying another as an Xmas present

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,004 ✭✭✭ironclaw

soundsham wrote: »
    Really putting me off buying another as an Xmas present

Without being condescending, its 3 year old tech as it was released in March-ish of 2011. That's dinosaur in tech terms. By comparison, my iPhone 5 is sluggish on iOS8 and it was released in late 2012. Apple really only tailor there iOS releases to the newest and last generation devices. The iPad 2 is just not capable to running iOS8 well.

The best you can do is back up and do a full clean install. Alternatively if you can, I'd cash it in on DoneDeal / Adverts and trade up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 138 ✭✭CJackson

+1 on the reply above.

I got rid of mine a few weeks ago on Adverts for 300quid. Cex Trade-in were offering 250-275 depending on condition

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,848 ✭✭✭soundsham

ironclaw wrote: »
    Without being condescending, its 3 year old tech as it was released in March-ish of 2011. That's dinosaur in tech terms. By comparison, my iPhone 5 is sluggish on iOS8 and it was released in late 2012. Apple really only tailor there iOS releases to the newest and last generation devices. The iPad 2 is just not capable to running iOS8 well.

The best you can do is back up and do a full clean install. Alternatively if you can, I'd cash it in on DoneDeal / Adverts and trade up.

I've done the restore the deleting etc turning off wifi and router
    I've thought of adverts but I don't like the thought of giving someone a sh1t product
    Probably will try to pass it off to Cex as it seems less personal (to me anyway)
    I was lucky enough to get an iPad air from Argos last week at a reduced price but I've actually not had the time to open it and im dubious about updating it if needed to iOS 8

As for old technology I know what you mean but if there was a way to roll back to ios7 I would
    Not being able to is a bit of a nasty trick

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,848 ✭✭✭soundsham

Am I wasting my time going to Apple or compu b with this problem
    It is an iOS problem but do I have any recourse ??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,497 ✭✭✭✭guil

How old is the iPad?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,004 ✭✭✭ironclaw

Time wasting, Yes. There is nothing they can do. Its a sealed unit in terms of technology. You can't upgrade the drive, RAM etc. So you are stuck with the performance you have. Also, as regards wifi, you'll pay for a repair if it is damaged. So complete false economy.

Best recourse is to sell it on Adverts or similar and upgrade.

Advertisement