Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Primavera 2015

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,322 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

It's on the beach. Wouldn't be a mental atmosphere, fairly chilled crowd, starts late and ends around 5am, usually good weather.

It's not on the beach.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,669 ✭✭✭sheroman01

What an unreal line-up! Haven't been to a festival in a while, will try get going. Will there be many more bands added do we think?

• Registered Users Posts: 852 ✭✭✭Underpaid Mike

sheroman01 wrote: »
    What an unreal line-up! Haven't been to a festival in a while, will try get going. Will there be many more bands added do we think?

There will be some but will be smaller bands and maybe a few mid tier names
    Unlikely to see any headline acts added

• Registered Users Posts: 4,669 ✭✭✭sheroman01

There will be some but will be smaller bands and maybe a few mid tier names
    Unlikely to see any headline acts added

Cheers, thought as much. Will the sister festival in Porto have a similar line up too, yeah?

Booked hotel, flights and tickets between yesterday and today.

Just thought 'Fcuk it'! yesterday. Had a fantastic time in 2013.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭denhaagenite

Got tickets and accommodation yesterday, will hold out for flights for a little longer I think. How does it work with the metro? Can you get a pass that lasts for a few days or do you have to buy a new ticket every time? What are the food and drink prices like in the festival ground?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,829 ✭✭✭Toast

Get the T-10 metro pass. It gives you ten journeys on the metro, tram or bus anywhere in the central Barcelona area including late buses. You can also mix and match transport on the one journey. It's by far the best value if you're just there for the festival. Beer and food is more expensive than Barcelona in general but cheaper than Ireland. Try eat before arriving at the festival.

What time do things generally start there? Is it around lunchtime or will we be able to sleep off the night before and still make it in time for the good stuff? Are there lockers at the festival grounds?

This is exciting stuff, just picked the tickets up quite cheap and I really can't wait for it, in desperate need of something to look forward to!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,355 ✭✭✭cruhoortwunk

What time do things generally start there? Is it around lunchtime or will we be able to sleep off the night before and still make it in time for the good stuff? Are there lockers at the festival grounds?

This is exciting stuff, just picked the tickets up quite cheap and I really can't wait for it, in desperate need of something to look forward to!

Doesnt start til around 5pm, so it's nice as the heat has calmed down by then. Mostly smaller bands up until about 7 if I remember correctly

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

How did you get cheap tickets?

The music will start about 2 but they will be mainly local stuff and very unknown bands to my memory, Headliners wont take to the stage till about 12 at night.

We went in about 5 or 6 most evenings and left about 4 in the morning, but we were staying a good few stops away on the metro, this year we are staying in Pobleneu which is walking distance so I guess we'll have more freedom going and returning when we want.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,739 ✭✭✭MyPeopleDrankTheSoup

what's a cheap ticket? i bought for €121 last June and going to FF instead, hit me up if anyone wants the ticket

How did you get cheap tickets?

The music will start about 2 but they will be mainly local stuff and very unknown bands to my memory, Headliners wont take to the stage till about 12 at night.

We went in about 5 or 6 most evenings and left about 4 in the morning, but we were staying a good few stops away on the metro, this year we are staying in Pobleneu which is walking distance so I guess we'll have more freedom going and returning when we want.

We bought for €126 each on a Dutch website ticket website. We've bought from them before, tickets are capped at 20% over cost price and they verify authenticity. We only read the terms later and noticed that there's a name on the tickets this year (which had apparently changed from last year) so contacted Primavera festival directly to see if we needed to change them. They said we can if we like it's not necessary.

We're staying close to the cathedral in 2 apartments (so far) but have another apartment close to the Forum. Nice that it doesn't start until later, beaches are the best cure for tired heads :). So it starts early evening and goes on until that late? What time would the headliners be on at?

We bought for €126 each on a Dutch website ticket website. We've bought from them before, tickets are capped at 20% over cost price and they verify authenticity. We only read the terms later and noticed that there's a name on the tickets this year (which had apparently changed from last year) so contacted Primavera festival directly to see if we needed to change them. They said we can if we like it's not necessary.

We're staying close to the cathedral in 2 apartments (so far) but have another apartment close to the Forum. Nice that it doesn't start until later, beaches are the best cure for tired heads :). So it starts early evening and goes on until that late? What time would the headliners be on at?

Arcade Fire took to the stage at 00:30 - 02:15 last year, plenty on after that too, Disclosure and Moderat came on about 02:30 and Jamie XX about 04:30 - 06:00

Across different stages

• Registered Users Posts: 2,355 ✭✭✭cruhoortwunk

Arcade Fire took to the stage at 00:30 - 02:15 last year, plenty on after that too, Disclosure and Moderat came on about 02:30 and Jamie XX about 04:30 - 06:00

Across different stages
    Moderat was great

Yeah, time I was there The Knife and Animal Collective came on at about 3, Blur were on at about 12:30. It's definitely better getting there later.

Moderat was great

Indeed,

We wont see such a good line up for a long time.

Indeed,

We wont see such a good line up for a long time.

To be fair I've been looking around at other festivals in Europe this year and all of the line ups seem only OK. Two years ago there were amazing lineups everywhere, we went to Southside (sister festival of Hurricane) and it was honestly the most fun I've ever had. Rammstein, Smashing Pumpkins, Arctic Monkeys, Sigur Ros, Macklemore and Ryan Lewis, Tame Impala, Paul Kalkbrenner, Kasabian to name a few. I think there were a lot of amazing headliners all over the place that time but that was the best I'd ever seen.

To be fair I've been looking around at other festivals in Europe this year and all of the line ups seem only OK. Two years ago there were amazing lineups everywhere, we went to Southside (sister festival of Hurricane) and it was honestly the most fun I've ever had. Rammstein, Smashing Pumpkins, Arctic Monkeys, Sigur Ros, Macklemore and Ryan Lewis, Tame Impala, Paul Kalkbrenner, Kasabian to name a few. I think there were a lot of amazing headliners all over the place that time but that was the best I'd ever seen.

Agreed, I've done European festivals twice a year for the last 5 years, and this by far and away the poorest offering so far across all the festival, Sziget although is looking decent.

• Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭dublinkeith

what's a cheap ticket? i bought for €121 last June and going to FF instead, hit me up if anyone wants the ticket

Still got that tkt?

Still got that tkt?

no sorry, gone

• Advertisement

Ok no prob, I remember when u got that tkt, did u change your mind after the line up came out?

yeah, disappointed with the lineup, especially compared to last year. i also don't like the vibe there, crowd are pretty dead.

i'm going to glastonbury but I'm also kinda disappointed with that lineup. it's just not a great Summer for festvivals

If you want to travel for a festival we're also thinking about Down the Rabbit Hole near Nijmegen in the Netherlands. Dutch festivals are generally quite relaxed. Tickets aren't extortionate and the lineup is OK too.

• Registered Users Posts: 315 ✭✭beansybeansy

So last year I missed BCN but made it to Primavera in Porto the week after instead. It was so good, I'm only doing Porto this year.

Anyone else for Portugal?

Only Barcelona for me

Only Barcelona for me

I kinda wanted to do both but it would use up too much leave and still have a few other festivals to go to. I just enjoyed Porto so much, very different layout and atmosphere to Barcelona. Just less hassle getting around, see more bands and much cheaper too (bonus)

Can't be long before the timetable appears?

Can't be long before the timetable appears?

5 weeks and 1 day til BCN, 6 weeks to Porto. Think the timetable came out 10 days or so before last year.

• Registered Users Posts: 319 ✭✭Beans_On

5 weeks and 1 day til BCN, 6 weeks to Porto. Think the timetable came out 10 days or so before last year.

Looking back at last years thread , it was around 29/4/14 for bcn one.
    so hopefully next week!

• Advertisement

Beans_On wrote: »
    Looking back at last years thread , it was around 29/4/14 for bcn one.
    so hopefully next week!

Really? Think all my prima memories are merging into one!

Advertisement