Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Primavera 2015

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,243 ✭✭✭symbolic

So last year I missed BCN but made it to Primavera in Porto the week after instead. It was so good, I'm only doing Porto this year.

Anyone else for Portugal?

Yep going to Porto this year, first time. Have been to Barcelona a couple of times.

• Registered Users Posts: 315 ✭✭beansybeansy

symbolic wrote: »
    Yep going to Porto this year, first time. Have been to Barcelona a couple of times.

You will love Porto, easier to see more bands, not such a big area, cheaper drinks and no concrete, a lovely green park. Weather is hit and miss but wont wreck your weekend

• Registered Users Posts: 238 ✭✭wacotaco

Is this festival good? Lineup seems a bit weak compared to others...

wacotaco wrote: »
    Is this festival good? Lineup seems a bit weak compared to others...

Porto? it is good, great atmosphere, not too crowded. The line up is not as big on names as BCN but some decent names and a great opportunity to see mid order bands/new acts. The layout is good, you could easily catch a bit of every set. there is no more than a 5 minute walk between stages. Food/beer queues are really easy.

All for €95 for a weekend. I have done both, even gone from BCN straight to Porto but only doing Porto this year, it pretty good

You will love Porto, easier to see more bands, not such a big area, cheaper drinks and no concrete, a lovely green park. Weather is hit and miss but wont wreck your weekend

Yeah sounds good. The lineup suits me down to the ground. Bit of everything.

What do you recommend for getting in and out to the city centre each day/night?

• Advertisement

Yeah sounds good. The lineup suits me down to the ground. Bit of everything.

What do you recommend for getting in and out to the city centre each day/night?

The festival is beside the beach so pretty much everyone stays outside the city. There are loads of AirBnB places, look for the area of Matosinhos in Porto (that's where we stay) its a 5 minute walk to the venue from there and then you have the beach for daytime. Alternatively there is a good hotel mid way between the venue and city called Hotel Ipanema Park ( I stayed there 2 years ago and had friends there last year) Its less than €10 each way by taxi and there is also a bus service.

If you do stay in the main part of town there is a metro service that will bring you to within 10 mins walk of venue but at 3am in the morning you would need a taxi back but there are loads, no waiting.

if you go with the Matosinhos area, to stay you can take the metro into the city for sightseeing. AirBnB is the best option, all are really good, lots of choices. there is a gang of 18 of us going each year and we all take apartments

If you do stay in the main part of town there is a metro service that will bring you to within 10 mins walk of venue but at 3am in the morning you would need a taxi back but there are loads, no waiting.

Yeah staying in main part of town. Taxi sounds perfect!

Yeah staying in main part of town. Taxi sounds perfect!

Usually on the Wednesday night they have a street party with local bands and fireworks display in the middle of the city for the festival launch. Can exchange your tickets for wristbands too. Its a great night.

A gang of us meet up there, few beers, get in the mood. I can send you details nearer the time if you wanted in?

• Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭dublinkeith

http://clashfinder.com/s/psis15/?user=03fe7n.hi&

Prob fake, think the Adidas Originals should be the Vice stage and can't see Swans getting three hours but still it'll chew up 5 mins of your time.

• Registered Users Posts: 370 ✭✭Whipping Boy

Prob fake, think the Adidas Originals should be the Vice stage and can't see Swans getting three hours but still it'll chew up 5 mins of your time.

Hope it is fake - otherwise Saturday night is clash-mania for me :(

Not sure why anyone would bother making this if it wasn't real though?

Been researching those lower down on the bill. Childhood seem decent:

• Advertisement

6 more bands being added tonight for the Hidden Stage. Check out the Heineken Es Twitter feed. Think it starts at 8pm

Mujeres, Pastels, Battles, Vaselines, Refugee All Stars and Mercomania.

Mujeres, Pastels, Battles, Vaselines, Refugee All Stars and Mercomania.

Well...that's disappointing

Well...that's disappointing

Weird farming vibe going on when I use Google translate on these Heineken tweets

Farming must be the hipster thing this year at Primavera

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

Battles! class!

• Registered Users Posts: 284 ✭✭Sr. Pirotecnic

Clashfinder as it stands is pure specualtion of course but one of the few things Gabi, the Primavera head honcho, has said is that Swans will be be in the auditorium and and will play for three hours. Certainly recent live reviews clock them at over two hours.

First time heading this year - very much looking forward to it.

Does anyone have any tips for both the festival itself and what to do outside of it?

We're a 7 min walk to the Passaig de Gracia yellow line so will primarily use that to get around.

Are the gigs on the Wednesday/Sunday good craic?

First time heading this year - very much looking forward to it.

Does anyone have any tips for both the festival itself and what to do outside of it?

We're a 7 min walk to the Passaig de Gracia yellow line so will primarily use that to get around.

Are the gigs on the Wednesday/Sunday good craic?

The Wednesday/ sunday night gigs in the Apollo are usually amazing but you have to be queuing by 630 latest to have any hope of getting in (you need to collect your wristband before that too or you wont get in) the gigs in the forum are worth a look if its your first time as the the Forum is huge so it will help you know how long it takes to get across from one end to the other.

You do a lot of walking / running at Primavera. Every year I seem to have to go from one end to other for each act I want to see. Great exercise though!

The Wednesday/ sunday night gigs in the Apollo are usually amazing but you have to be queuing by 630 latest to have any hope of getting in (you need to collect your wristband before that too or you wont get in) the gigs in the forum are worth a look if its your first time as the the Forum is huge so it will help you know how long it takes to get across from one end to the other.

You do a lot of walking / running at Primavera. Every year I seem to have to go from one end to other for each act I want to see. Great exercise though!

Cheers and the tickets to the Apollo gigs are free with the wristband?

Was planning on collecting that early on Wednesday

• Advertisement

As said above, there will be a lot of walking and standing so comfortable shoes are a must (standard festival advice I guess). Nothing Primavera-specific coming to mind, I'll put my thinking cap on.

Incidentally the Spanish cup final (Copa del Rey) takes place in the Camp Nou on the Saturday of Primavera, Athletic Bilbao vs Barcelona, there will be tens of thousands of Basques in town for that.

(I would have said pick somewhere to stay nearer to the festival site but bit late for that)

Cheers and the tickets to the Apollo gigs are free with the wristband?

Was planning on collecting that early on Wednesday

Yeah but you have to queue and no guarantee of getting in. Unless you are really into any of the acts its not always worth it. Apollo is a great venue but is a sweatbox and gets really rammed

The App has been released for Primavera Porto. Nothing overly special but a nice reminder we are 3 weeks from Barcelona / 4 weeks from Porto.

Not that I am overly excited or anything.....

• Registered Users Posts: 319 ✭✭Beans_On

So stage breakdown seem to be now up. but no times.torture!
    http://www.primaverasound.es/programacion

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

That's been up a good while

So Vice aren't sponsoring a stage this year, by the looks of it Adidas Originals have got that stage beside Pitchfork. Jungle on RayBan could be this year's Jagwar Ma.

FWIW that clashfinder that was posted a while back has been updated to include Wednesday and Sunday

http://clashfinder.com/s/psis15

There's also been some changes to the other days.

Going by this revised version Saturday is now perfect for me so I'm changing my opinion and saying that this is 100% accurate!

• Registered Users Posts: 319 ✭✭Beans_On

Beans_On wrote: »

That's not too bad at all - very few clashes for me.

The lack of quality in the lineup is pretty apparent though, particularly on the Friday

• Advertisement

mapa_escenarios_big.png?_ga=1.1708401.1135074201.1415457125
    layout is pretty much the same as last year (including VIP front of stage area, booo), some name changes

Advertisement