Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Primavera 2015

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭dublinkeith

Jesus, for a bill that's poor in comparison to other years, I've never had as many poxy clashes.

• Registered Users Posts: 370 ✭✭Whipping Boy

My one big clash is The Strokes and Twin Shadow - judging by the distance between the respective stages something will have to give...

Also just realised that with well over a dozen of us going keeping in touch on our Irish phones is going to be a nightmare :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 10,322 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

My one big clash is The Strokes and Twin Shadow - judging by the distance between the respective stages something will have to give...

Also just realised that with well over a dozen of us going keeping in touch on our Irish phones is going to be a nightmare :eek:

Texts and calls would be much better than messaging services.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

Twin Shadow cancelled

• Registered Users Posts: 315 ✭✭beansybeansy

Twin Shadow cancelled

To be expected after their accident. Disappointing though

• Advertisement

To be expected after their accident. Disappointing though

Very disappointing. Hopefully he's ok from EP though.

Solves the problem of having to choose between them and The Strokes also.

In other news - 2 weeks today for me

• Registered Users Posts: 949 ✭✭✭grudgehugger

Went to this two years ago and was over in Barca early and picked up my wristband on the Wednesday morning - no queuing really.

This year I only get to Barca late on Wednesday night so will be picking up my wristband on the Thursday.

Anyone got experience of that - how bad are queues???

If I arrive out around 3.30 on Thursday, could I be waiting more than an hour? Any info appreciated.

Went to this two years ago and was over in Barca early and picked up my wristband on the Wednesday morning - no queuing really.

This year I only get to Barca late on Wednesday night so will be picking up my wristband on the Thursday.

If I arrive out around 3.30 on Thursday, could I be waiting more than an hour? Any info appreciated.

Queued last year for about a half hour maybe, queue moved pretty fast, and there was guys selling cold beers while you wait.

You can pick up your wristband on the Wednesday at the forum until midnight. They have the free gigs on and exchange is open. that's what I do each year. No queues, over and done with in 2 minutes and then you can wander into the forum, get a beer and suss out the layout.

Well, that's what I do anyways

3 weeks until I hit Primavera in Porto. But this is where the regret kicks in that I should have planned to do both and make a proper 2 week holiday out of it....

• Advertisement

You can pick up your wristband on the Wednesday at the forum until midnight. They have the free gigs on and exchange is open. that's what I do each year. No queues, over and done with in 2 minutes and then you can wander into the forum, get a beer and suss out the layout.

Well, that's what I do anyways

That sounds like a good plan to me.

Any idea if we'll get a replacement for Twin Shadow?

Well theres a big hole in his time slot now, maybe too late thou

• Registered Users Posts: 319 ✭✭Beans_On

whats the deal with entry to the Auditori gigs this year ?

I remember from last time i was there it was a ticketing type ticket where you booked a online.But that was a few years ago.

In previous years, any cancellations this late weren't replaced as such but might get an extra set from another act.

Beans_On wrote: »

I remember from last time i was there it was a ticketing type ticket where you booked a online.But that was a few years ago.

last couple of years they have you queue up at an allocated time to get your ticket so if the show is at 7pm on Saturday you have to queue up before 2pm, then they release the tickets, first come first served with a separate queue for the gold wristband holders. Depending on the act and demand you will have to queue a couple of hours before ticket release

last couple of years they have you queue up at an allocated time to get your ticket so if the show is at 7pm on Saturday you have to queue up before 2pm, then they release the tickets, first come first served with a separate queue for the gold wristband holders. Depending on the act and demand you will have to queue a couple of hours before ticket release

Will this be the case for every gig? Strange set up but suppose it makes sense if there's big demand.

Can you get all your tickets for that day at the one time?

Will this be the case for every gig? Strange set up but suppose it makes sense if there's big demand.

Can you get all your tickets for that day at the one time?

Its usually one gig releases tickets at a time to stop people taking tickets for all the gigs on that day and then not turning up.

To be honest, I find the Auditori hit and miss, it doesn't suit all acts. Daniel Johnston was the only one I found was best suited to the space and the queuing to get tickets, get in, waiting for the gig and the gig itself can take a few hours out your day. Unless there is a must see act for you or no bands on the other stages for 2-3 hours around the time of the Auditori event you are thinking of going to, I wouldn't recommend it.

Try and get your ticket by 3pm on site, or else from the Apolo Wed nite

Beans_On wrote: »

First come first serve. Probably €2 extra, it was in 2013 anyway. Tix for each show went on sale around noon on the day of the show.

Interpol also doing the Apolo at 5pm on the Thurs

• Advertisement

Its usually one gig releases tickets at a time to stop people taking tickets for all the gigs on that day and then not turning up.

To be honest, I find the Auditori hit and miss, it doesn't suit all acts. Daniel Johnston was the only one I found was best suited to the space and the queuing to get tickets, get in, waiting for the gig and the gig itself can take a few hours out your day. Unless there is a must see act for you or no bands on the other stages for 2-3 hours around the time of the Auditori event you are thinking of going to, I wouldn't recommend it.

This is the kind of information that's crucial to having a good time! Cheers - will likely suffer it for Sun Kil Moon and see how we go from there
    Interpol also doing the Apolo at 5pm on the Thurs

Sweet - is that as a free gig, as with the rest?

EDIT - so it is: http://primaverasound.es/noticiaSingle?%2FnoticiaSingle=&id=1375&lang=en

will likely suffer it for Sun Kil Moon...

Think I'll be suffering it for Panda Bear and leaving it at that - can't see making it as far as the festival without buying a ticket for Sun Kil Moon @ NCH as a result...

Here's my cut at a path through the forest of acts on the bill via a YouTube playlist... 16 acts on here, if I make 12 I'll be thrilled.

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLHqi__LFC8UfwqN7PVDv7wjZkHUuvj6NI

Panda Bear / Ought / Mikal Cronin / Spiritualized / James Blake
    Ex Hex \ Patti Smith \ Perfume Genius \ Sleater Kinney \ Run The Jewels \ Jon Hopkins
    Strand of Oaks / Mac de Marco \ tUnE-yArDs / Underworld \ Caribou

Compared to the likes of Body and Soul or EP much more chance of actually sticking to a plan though as there's none of the sideshows that you get at those two. I do miss the sideshows (and the vibe) but hey, I'll be at Body and Soul only a few weeks later so :D

Here's my cut at a path through the forest of acts on the bill via a YouTube playlist... 16 acts on here, if I make 12 I'll be thrilled.

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLHqi__LFC8UfwqN7PVDv7wjZkHUuvj6NI

Panda Bear / Ought / Mikal Cronin / Spiritualized / James Blake
    Ex Hex \ Patti Smith \ Perfume Genius \ Sleater Kinney \ Run The Jewels \ Jon Hopkins
    Strand of Oaks / Mac de Marco \ tUnE-yArDs / Underworld \ Caribou

Compared to the likes of Body and Soul or EP much more chance of actually sticking to a plan though as there's none of the sideshows that you get at those two. I do miss the sideshows (and the vibe) but hey, I'll be at Body and Soul only a few weeks later so :D

Nice, will check that out.

Speaking of sideshows, is there nothing else going on aside from the music? Will make a difference from the usual Irish festivals but then you do have Barca on your doorstep...

• Registered Users Posts: 284 ✭✭Sr. Pirotecnic

No, not really much else going on. Record and poster stalls, the odd impromptu gig.

I agree with the above post saying the Auditori can be a bit of a pain with the queues and whatnot. I don't think they're doing tickets, it's just a matter of first come, first served.

Sleaford Mods playing that tiny Ray Ban unplugged stage at six on the Saturday which is great news for me as their main gig clashes with Swans.

PS Barca (or rather Barça) is short for FC Barcelona, never Barcelona the place.

Speaking of sideshows, is there nothing else going on aside from the music? Will make a difference from the usual Irish festivals but then you do have Barca on your doorstep...

you could skip Sat night at the fest altogether and go see Barca play Athletic up at Camp Nou!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,322 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

you could skip Sat night at the fest altogether and go see Barca play Athletic up at Camp Nou!

They should have a screen up, they did for Champs League final 2 years ago.

There a bunch of TShirt, vinyl and Poster stalls that are interesting.

A friend of mine from back home in Donegal is a graphic designer has a poster stand each year. Its called www.youresomehorse.com Lovely guy, been going to Primavera for years and has great work. So you could always pop in and support the Irish Abroad :pac:

With everyone worrying about clashes, how to get from one side of the Forum to the other in time for Sun Kil Moon, I am now happier that I am only doing Porto the week after. You literally cannot miss any act as the stages are no more than a 3 minute walk apart so no chance of me missing their set

No clashes/compromises, Woohoo

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,829 ✭✭✭Toast

Speaking of sideshows, is there nothing else going on aside from the music?

If you've time for something other than music at Primavera you are doing it wrong. Just wander to a random stage and catch something you hadn't planned on seeing. If it sucks move to another stage. When I was going if you found time to get dinner in you were lucky. Really starting to feel the pain of not being there this year as it gets closer.

Advertisement