Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Primavera 2015

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

you could skip Sat night at the fest altogether and go see Barca play Athletic up at Camp Nou!
    Birneybau wrote: »
    They should have a screen up, they did for Champs League final 2 years ago.

Spanish football is suspended

• Registered Users Posts: 10,322 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

Spanish football is suspended

Nope.

Nope.

Sweet, didnt realize it was rejected

• Registered Users Posts: 370 ✭✭Whipping Boy

There a bunch of TShirt, vinyl and Poster stalls that are interesting.

A friend of mine from back home in Donegal is a graphic designer has a poster stand each year. Its called www.youresomehorse.com Lovely guy, been going to Primavera for years and has great work. So you could always pop in and support the Irish Abroad :pac:

Some lovely stuff there, will definitely check that out.
    They should have a screen up, they did for Champs League final 2 years ago.

Sat night is back-to-back clashes for me so as good as this sounds I doubt I'll see much!

That Interpol gig on the Thursday is a tricky one. Toss up between missing Panda Bear and Childhood or seeing Interpol as their best in a small venue

So where are people staying? We've got a 5 person apartment in Poblenou for pretty reasonable 1000e

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,022 ✭✭✭Peter File

This is the kind of information that's crucial to having a good time! Cheers - will likely suffer it for Sun Kil Moon and see how we go from there

Sweet - is that as a free gig, as with the rest?

EDIT - so it is: http://primaverasound.es/noticiaSingle?%2FnoticiaSingle=&id=1375&lang=en
    Some more info on the auditiorium
    you are not allowed to bring food or drink into the auditorium, your bag will be checked as you queue to enter. The queues were not too bad last year as they used a more efficient system of entry. I doubt that you will have to queue for hours for any gig in it. If they anticipate big demand for any show then they will issue tickets from a nearby information kiosk.
    also, it is an excellent venue for gigs with superb acoustics and great seating

• Registered Users Posts: 315 ✭✭beansybeansy

Peter File wrote: »
    Some more info on the auditiorium
    you are not allowed to bring food or drink into the auditorium, your bag will be checked as you queue to enter. The queues were not too bad last year as they used a more efficient system of entry. I doubt that you will have to queue for hours for any gig in it. If they anticipate big demand for any show then they will issue tickets from a nearby information kiosk.
    also, it is an excellent venue for gigs with superb acoustics and great seating

Good to hear they improved the system last year, I didn't go to Barcelona last year, I only went to Porto the weekend after. In 2013 i lost 3 hours for Daniel Johnston queuing for tickets and just getting into the Auditori

• Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭dublinkeith

So where are people staying? We've got a 5 person apartment in Poblenou for pretty reasonable 1000e

Hilton Forum, handy enough, rooftop pool. 500 for 3 nts

Hilton Forum, handy enough, rooftop pool. 500 for 3 nts

Not a bad price!

Apartment near Passaig de Gracia for 6 of us. It's central and about a 15/20 minute spin to the forum on the yellow line I belive. Just over 200 for 6 nights.

Actually, on that note, does anyone have any suggestions for things to do on the following Monday to make the most of our last day? Our flight isn't until 9pm

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭denhaagenite

In Raval, about 20 minutes from the Forum. Got a studio on airbnb, just over €300 for four nights so pretty happy with that. Will also need to invest in earplugs I guess though :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,829 ✭✭✭Toast

Actually, on that note, does anyone have any suggestions for things to do on the following Monday to make the most of our last day? Our flight isn't until 9pm

I have a feeling the Monday might be a bank holiday in Barcelona. I know we used to get caught out by that each Primavera. Some museums are closed on Mondays in general as well I believe.

The cable car over the bay and into Mount Juic is open (or was last time I was there). That's pretty good and it brings you to another set of cable cars I didn't get to go over but also looked pretty impressive. You then get to go down the funicular to the Metro so it doesn't leave you isolated from the transport system.

If you are getting kicked out of your apartment on the Monday morning you can drop your bags into a left luggage in Sants train station which also has the train to the airport so go there in the morning first so you aren't lugging stuff around. Mercado de La Boqueria off Rambla is also a good place to grab both a decent breakfast as well as supplies for the day as you'll probably find that you won't get anywhere decent to eat before having to go the airport (which has some of the worst food in the city in it).

Standard Barcelona warnings apply regards pickpockets. Rambla and the airport train/bus are notorious.

Look at me vicariously planning other peoples holidays as I'm not going this year. I need help! :(

• Registered Users Posts: 315 ✭✭beansybeansy

Toast wrote: »
    I have a feeling the Monday might be a bank holiday in Barcelona. I know we used to get caught out by that each Primavera. Some museums are closed on Mondays in general as well I believe.

The cable car over the bay and into Mount Juic is open (or was last time I was there). That's pretty good and it brings you to another set of cable cars I didn't get to go over but also looked pretty impressive. You then get to go down the funicular to the Metro so it doesn't leave you isolated from the transport system.

If you are getting kicked out of your apartment on the Monday morning you can drop your bags into a left luggage in Sants train station which also has the train to the airport so go there in the morning first so you aren't lugging stuff around. Mercado de La Boqueria off Rambla is also a good place to grab both a decent breakfast as well as supplies for the day as you'll probably find that you won't get anywhere decent to eat before having to go the airport (which has some of the worst food in the city in it).

Standard Barcelona warnings apply regards pickpockets. Rambla and the airport train/bus are notorious.

Look at me vicariously planning other peoples holidays as I'm not going this year. I need help! :(

I was going to suggest Montjuic too, its a nice way to spend a day. A lot of places are closed on the Monday so I recommend a walk through the Gotic area, Montjuic and a good explore of the Sagrada Familia. Have fun

• Registered Users Posts: 606 ✭✭✭GrahamThomas

This is my first time going to Primavera (and Barcelona), arrive next Tuesday and staying for 6 nights in a hotel in Born.

Everyone keeps warning me about the pickpocket situation, what kind of steps do you take to keep your cash/cards/phone safe?

And any other advice for a first-timer? Cheers!

This is my first time going to Primavera (and Barcelona), arrive next Tuesday and staying for 6 nights in a hotel in Born.

Everyone keeps warning me about the pickpocket situation, what kind of steps do you take to keep your cash/cards/phone safe?

And any other advice for a first-timer? Cheers!

Just bring whatever cash you need for that day, and as long as you're anyway aware of your surroundings you'll be fine. I seen one bag stolen on Ramblas last year, but the women was pretty careless by leaving it resting behind her on the ground while she ate in a restaurant.

Montjuic it is so, cheers for that folks.

Re pickpockets, just keep your wits about you and you'll be fine. Don't engage with the dudes on La Ramblas and watch your bag. You'll be fine.

Sincerely hoping the weather is decent. Can't be any worse than Dublin right now...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,829 ✭✭✭Toast

Watch for packed Metros too. The guys who we spotted were all big bald rugby looking guys with a jacket over their arms that would stand beside doors in the metro or walk through the crowded center aisle pushing against people. Don't assume stuff that's tied on or otherwise secured is safe as they're master of unhooking/untying etc. Have your hand on your wallet/phone at all times in the metro.

• Registered Users Posts: 284 ✭✭Sr. Pirotecnic

Monday June 1st IS a holiday in Barcelona.

Ben Watt has cancelled, Swans show will be extended to three hours.

Auditori: €2 supplementary tickets for Panda Bear and Jose Gonzalez.

Hidden stage: tickets from 4.00pm each day, 2 per person.

Above plus Interpol Apolo show details here:

http://www.primaverasound.com/noticiaSingle?%2FnoticiaSingle=&origen=ps&id=1378&lang=en

• Registered Users Posts: 949 ✭✭✭grudgehugger

For me, the big news with the latest timetable updates is Torres has been added to the Forum bill, plays Saturday on the Pitchfork stage :)

Fills a gap for me between Mac de Marco and Tune-yards.

• Registered Users Posts: 949 ✭✭✭grudgehugger

Question for people who were at Primavera last year...

Did you go to anything @ the Bower and Wilkins stage? Looks like an igloo apparently - intriguing...

Was it packed for big names? Difficult to get in even?

• Advertisement

Did you go to anything @ the Bower and Wilkins stage? Looks like an igloo apparently - intriguing...

I'm not into dance music but I went over to hear if the sound system was as good as was being made out, it was wedged, got about a foot inside and had to get out, hot, sweaty, claustrophobic. It sounded good though with some impressive visuals getting projected around the dome.

For me, the big news with the latest timetable updates is Torres has been added to the Forum bill, plays Saturday on the Pitchfork stage :)

Am I blind or has this resulted in Diiv being dropped from the bill? :eek:

Am I blind or has this resulted in Diiv being dropped from the bill? :eek:

Yeh unfortunately Diiv scrapped their tour last month http://www.gigwise.com/news/80982/diiv-cancel-may-tour-including-primavera-and-the-great-escape

That's from 2013..!

They put up a tweet about Primavera the other day too...

• Registered Users Posts: 10,322 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

That's from 2013..!

Yeah, was looking forward to seeing them at Primavera in 2013.

As far as I can tell, it's full steam ahead for this tour.

That's from 2013..!

**** sorry, you're right though, something's up cos there's no stage time for them on the app anymore

**** sorry, you're right though, something's up cos there's no stage time for them on the app anymore

Dammit :(

Most likely thing is that they're put in the Twin Shadow slot which would be sh*t for me as it's another toss up between them and The Strokes then :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,243 ✭✭✭symbolic

I went to see New Jackson in it last year. Was fine getting in for him anyway. Thought it was great.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,354 ✭✭✭nocoverart

Torres is a gem! best new female artist around. Hope you enjoy :)

• Advertisement

Diiv back up now - playing Pitchfork at 6.30pm Saturday it seems

http://www.primaverasound.es/horarios?d=4&l=forum

Advertisement