Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Primavera 2015

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 949 ✭✭✭grudgehugger

nocoverart wrote: »
    Torres is a gem! best new female artist around. Hope you enjoy :)

Was thrilled when I heard... Torres seems a true talent to me with more to come in time

Had earlier seen her on the overall bill, got excited, then realised she was down to play a club gig before I made it to Barcelona (can't fly in til late Wednesday)

Excited much :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,354 ✭✭✭nocoverart

Was thrilled when I heard... Torres seems a true talent to me with more to come in time

Had earlier seen her on the overall bill, got excited, then realised she was down to play a club gig before I made it to Barcelona (can't fly in til late Wednesday)

Excited much :)

I truly believe she'll be regarded as a great as the years roll on and she develops more as an artist. She has the sophistication of PJ Harvey, and she also has this angst and grit to her that's very similar to an artist called Soap&Skin, attitude wise.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

Nearly there now! it was a long time coming.

• Registered Users Posts: 606 ✭✭✭GrahamThomas

I'm on an early morning flight, so this time tomorrow should be in Barcelona! Feels like time is dragging here in work today, can't wait to be out the door at half 5

• Registered Users Posts: 370 ✭✭Whipping Boy

We're off tomorrow evening...today is going to drag!

Very excited now. Think we'll exchange the tickets on Wed and go check out Albert Hammond Jr while we're there.

Do you need tickets in advance for the BARTS shows? Was half thinking of heading there after but not if it'll be wedged...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 315 ✭✭beansybeansy

I fly out next Monday to the Porto version

Having major Barcelona regret now, should have made it a 2 week holiday.

Still, better than not going at all

• Registered Users Posts: 17 NumptyB

Any idea if you can collect a wristband on the wednesday for someone else that isn't arriving until the Thursday to avoid them having to queue?

NumptyB wrote: »
    Any idea if you can collect a wristband on the wednesday for someone else that isn't arriving until the Thursday to avoid them having to queue?

I don't think so, as they place and lock the wristbands themselves at the exchange but you have to walk past the exchange site to get into the Forum so its no real inconvenience, there is rarely a queue of more than a couple of minutes

• Registered Users Posts: 10,322 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

NumptyB wrote: »

Have to turn up in person.

Oh boy, oh boy! Flying out Wednesday evening, get there at about 8, straight to hotel, throw bags in, straight down for wristbands!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

Flying out Wednesday from Cork, check in and head for lunch a pint and to get the wristbands. Gonna be a good one, weather looks low 20s

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,829 ✭✭✭Toast

Anyone know if the live stream performances are up anywhere was hoping to see ratatat but fell asleep (probably would have happened if I was at the festival too).

• Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭dublinkeith

Bro's. Lycra costumes. Twats falling around drunk. Vomit and punches. Primavera looked ugly this year. Most bands I saw didn't disappoint but the vibe was different. It was my seventh visit to the fest but for the first time I'm not sure about next year. Maybe this year was the year that I became too old for this lark. Anyway, how did you all get on?

Bro's. Lycra costumes. Twats falling around drunk. Vomit and punches. Primavera looked ugly this year. Most bands I saw didn't disappoint but the vibe was different. It was my seventh visit to the fest but for the first time I'm not sure about next year. Maybe this year was the year that I became too old for this lark. Anyway, how did you all get on?

Spoke to friends there and they said it wasn't the best year,

Im flying out to Porto today for the Portugal instalment of Primavera. I went last year and its so good, if this year lives up to last, I may never go back to Barcelona again. And its heaps cheaper too :) We have quite the gang of defectors going this year to Porto, about 16 of us. Now to get packing....

Primavera looked ugly this year.

Sounds like I got luckier with where I ended up over the weekend... Didn't really go to the main stages apart from early evening for the likes of Patti Smith and Mac de Marco.

Saw lots of good stuff on Pitchfork - Ex Hex, Torres, Simian Mobile Disco, Viet Cong - and, even at a crowded Run The Jewels and busy Jon Hopkins, didn't get any hassle (or see any).

The Bower & Wilkins dance tent was mighty craic around 11pm on Saturday - a real contrast from the Torres solo set I'd just seen.

Even seeing punches thrown would definitely have dimmed the mood - glad I missed that.

Bill a little weaker than some other years but overall still a hard festival to beat for the music, I would say...

• Registered Users Posts: 284 ✭✭Sr. Pirotecnic

Despite a weaker line-up, in theory anyway, I enjoyed it just as much as the previous two years. Didn't notice any more dickheads than usual, found people to be pretty courteous in general. The late night transport home remains a problem for the festival. Felt quiter than usual though the attendance figures are roughly the same as last year, ie avg 50,000 per day. Stayed in an airbnb place in Poblenou, pretty handy.
    My highlights:
    Sun Kil Moon, Pastels, Jon Hopkins, Patti Smith (x2), Swans, Sleaford Mods.
    I like their records but I couldn't get into Unknown Mortal Orch for some reason.Up front for Ride, they did all the "hits" and played well but seemed to be going through the motions a little, strange for a band that only has a few performances inder their belts (this time round).
    saw a tricolour being waved during Dj Coco - there's a time and place etc.

Surprised to see mentions of bad vibes as we saw nothing of the sort. In fact we found ourselves consistently remarking that the crowd was really well behaved compared to back home. We saw now one falling over or causing trouble, just a load of people having a good time to great music.

General highlights: The back to back main stages with no overlap. The relaxed security. The fireworks at the end. The weather - absolutely perfect. The sound in the Auditori. Barcelona in general; what a setting and having the beach on your doorstep is the icing on the cake.

Great acts we saw: Sun Kil Moon, DIIV, Run The Jewels, Interpol, The Strokes, Run The Jewels, Daphni, Caribou, Torres in BARTS, Alt J, Belle and Sebastian, Gui Boratto, Dixon and of course DJ Coco

Decent:OMD, Albert Hammond, Childhood, Simian Mobile (didn't realise this was a DJ set:mad:), Patti Smith, Underworld

Poor: Julian Casablancas solo, Spirtualized, Viet Cong, The Church

Roll on 2016

Surprised to see mentions of bad vibes as we saw nothing of the sort.

Same for my group - and would also agree that Spiritualized was poor enough considering how great they can be. Them and Tune-Yards my only disappointments over what I thought was a really excellent weekend of music.

Couple of drunken twats on Saturday night but didn't see any trouble whatsoever. My mate did see a guy collapse through the fence surrounding the gents though, right into a big pool of...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭denhaagenite

I thought the behaviour was fine but toilet facilities left a lot to be desired. They really needed more dixies. Also the Heineken was just disgusting, the bar staff very slow, and the Mojitos completely overpriced.

Anyone notice that the sound wasn't great either? Especially at Alt- J.

I thought the behaviour was fine but toilet facilities left a lot to be desired. They really needed more dixies. Also the Heineken was just disgusting, the bar staff very slow, and the Mojitos completely overpriced.

Anyone notice that the sound wasn't great either? Especially at Alt- J.

The bar staff very slow? I have been there twice and have NEVER had an issue getting a pint.

• Advertisement

Found the bar staff fine, they are (nearly) all Portuguese for some reason. I generally stay off the beer at Primavera mind.

Not sure if it has been mentioned but next year's dates are 1-4 June and tickets go on sale next Wednesday 10th June.

Found the bar staff fine, they are (nearly) all Portuguese for some reason. I generally stay off the beer at Primavera mind.

Not sure if it has been mentioned but next year's dates are 1-4 June and tickets go on sale next Wednesday 10th June.

Nice one.

Found the bar staff slow myself but in fairness, we're spoiled in Ireland with how fast bar men/women pour pints and take orders.

The pints weren't great but they never are. €11 for a large beer off one of the roaming :eek:

No hassle sneaking drink in though ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭denhaagenite

Found the bar staff slow myself but in fairness, we're spoiled in Ireland with how fast bar men/women pour pints and take orders.

The pints weren't great but they never are. €11 for a large beer off one of the roaming :eek:

Ya and it was not very economic, there was one guy who had served this huge (drunk) Canadian girl half a cup of foam and then said to me "just get a smaller one, it's not worth it".

I found even when the bar was completely empty (take the one to the left of the stage for Tori Amos for example) they were slow.
    No hassle sneaking drink in though ;)

What is your secret???

But ya, toilets were constantly mobbed and Saturday night they were just overflowing completely.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭TheGoldenAges

Hey guys, for anyone who saw the Strokes how were they? Seeing them at Hyde Park in two weeks!

Hey guys, for anyone who saw the Strokes how were they? Seeing them at Hyde Park in two weeks!

Really enjoyed them. They stuck to the hits and blitzed through 'em. Julian looked a bit off the rails and was a bit slurry at times but it didn't detract from the show.

There wasn't much craic between the them, nor audience interaction, for what it's worth

What is your secret???

Naggin/shoulder down the front of ones jeans/shorts - never fails!

I could have had any amount on me tbh as I was never once patted down

2016 early bird tickets on sale from tomorrow midday until midnight friday (spanish time), €125.
    http://primaverasound.es/noticiaSingle?%2FnoticiaSingle=&id=1394&lang=en

• Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭dublinkeith

2016 early bird tickets on sale from tomorrow midday until midnight friday (spanish time), €125.
    http://primaverasound.es/noticiaSingle?%2FnoticiaSingle=&id=1394&lang=en

You would think having the €€€ from Heineken and H&M would allow them to keep the costs down. Seeing as these early birds are €25 dearer than normal, I wonder if the full festival ticket is going to be more expensive for 2016?

In fairness only 1,000 people paid €99 last year, the main early bird price was €115.
    Full price tickets are the same I think (see below).
    I think the weak euro and the high VAT is hitting live music promoters in Spain.

- 145€: From 19th June until the 4th November 2015
    - 160€: From the 5th November 2015 until the 7th January 2016
    - 175€: From the 8th January 2016 until the presentation of the line-up
    - 185€: After the presentation of the line-up until 4th May 2016
    - 195€: From 5th May 2016 until the start of the festival

• Advertisement

Silly question perhaps but how easy is it to sell a ticket to this if I buy one and then decide not to go closer to it?

Advertisement