Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Primavera 2015

Options
1234568»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,829 ✭✭✭Toast

VIPs are name locked and they allegedly are meant to check ID on them so these cant be sold on. The others can be. As long as you make the decision a fair bit in front of the festival not to go and you are selling at cheaper than the official tickets from the festival you'll probably get a buyer. However there is always a mad rush of last minute cancellation tickets put up on Toutless the week of the festival that I doubt ever get sold. Don't wait so long to find a buyer.

• Registered Users Posts: 284 ✭✭Sr. Pirotecnic

I think I'm right in saying that tickets bought from Primavera have your name on them while those from Ticketmaster don't. (not that I've ever been asked for ID when getting a wristband for a named ticket)

• Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭dublinkeith

Silly question perhaps but how easy is it to sell a ticket to this if I buy one and then decide not to go closer to it?

Easy. Whether it's your name on the ticket or Mickey Mouse, whoever buys it will get in without ID. As long as it's not VIP.

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭Middleage Fanclub

After 5 visits to Barca Prima, went to Porto Prima this year, would recommend in 2016.

After 5 visits to Barca Prima, went to Porto Prima this year, would recommend in 2016.

Thinking of doing this next year alright. More info please mate! Sell it to me.

• Advertisement

Spoke to friends there and they said it wasn't the best year,

Im flying out to Porto today for the Portugal instalment of Primavera. I went last year and its so good, if this year lives up to last, I may never go back to Barcelona again. And its heaps cheaper too :) We have quite the gang of defectors going this year to Porto, about 16 of us. Now to get packing....

Well, what was it like compared to Bcn?

• Registered Users Posts: 315 ✭✭beansybeansy

Well, what was it like compared to Bcn?

I went last year to Porto cos my brother was getting married the weekend of BCN and it was the best decision ever.

We went back this year and took 7 mates with us. The park is all grass so much more pleasant, each stage is within 2 mins of each other so no hauling ass between sets. In fact clashes are minimal cos of how they stagger their acts.

Beer is cheap - €3.50 per pint ( but it is Super Bock beer). In terms of numbers, it is about a 3rd the capacity of Porto. We rented a 3 bed apartment, 20 mins walk away for 5 people. That, flights and festival ticket worked out at €394 per person.

The town is very pretty, loads to do each day if you want. Food is super cheap and very good quality. You can go the whole week without even seeing a chip!.

I say go, its the best one I go to each year

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,243 ✭✭✭symbolic

I went last year to Porto cos my brother was getting married the weekend of BCN and it was the best decision ever.

We went back this year and took 7 mates with us. The park is all grass so much more pleasant, each stage is within 2 mins of each other so no hauling ass between sets. In fact clashes are minimal cos of how they stagger their acts.

Beer is cheap - €3.50 per pint ( but it is Super Bock beer). In terms of numbers, it is about a 3rd the capacity of Porto. We rented a 3 bed apartment, 20 mins walk away for 5 people. That, flights and festival ticket worked out at €394 per person.

The town is very pretty, loads to do each day if you want. Food is super cheap and very good quality. You can go the whole week without even seeing a chip!.

I say go, its the best one I go to each year

I agree with everything beansybeansy posted!

I actually opted for the Imperial Stout at the craftesque Super Bock bar. 3eur for 330/375,not sure if glaas size . I wouldn't be mad about standard lagers so that was great option. They also had a Weiss, Dunkel, Blonde and a Christmas ale(didn't risk it)

I stayed in the centre of town and got the bus in and out. One evening we were running late and grabbed a taxi to the festival and it cost 10euro from the city centre. Very affordable.

Food and drink very affordable in town and even found a craft beer bar with a great selection.

If the lineup suits you, I'd prefer it to BCN, but obviously some years Barcelona has acts people might me basing the whole trip on and Porto might not get them. But otherwise it's the perfect setup.

The party in town the night before the fest started was really cool too. Beside the River, really relaxed.

• Registered Users Posts: 315 ✭✭beansybeansy

symbolic wrote: »
    I agree with everything beansybeansy posted!

I actually opted for the Imperial Stout at the craftesque Super Bock bar. 3eur for 330/375,not sure if glaas size . I wouldn't be mad about standard lagers so that was great option. They also had a Weiss, Dunkel, Blonde and a Christmas ale(didn't risk it)

Meant to mention the craft bar, such good beer but must confess would be too lazy to go back over to it when I was by the main stage.

Forgot to go to the caipi bar this year, Ah well, always next year ( we already have the same apartment reserved)

Advertisement