Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ride on for 2 year old

Options
  • 12-11-2014 9:59am
    Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭

Hi,

Can anyone recommend a decent ride on for a 2 year old and not those trikes that have a big pole on the back for the parent to push. Budget €100.

Thanks in advance!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,302 ✭✭✭ariana`

The Molta motor bike in Smyths €36.99 comes in pink or blue. Got it when my oldest was 2yrs and he still goes on the very odd time, he's nearly 5 now! And my now 2yr old loves it. It's suitable for 18mths+ but it's a bit bigger than a lot of the 18mth+ ride ons, more suitable for a 2yr old IMO.

http://www.smythstoys.com/ie/en-ie/outdoor/c-648/ride-ons/p-2573/molto-cross-ultimate-ride-on/

• Registered Users Posts: 6,339 ✭✭✭How Strange

Would you consider a balance bike? We bought our son one for his second birthday and he's still using it two years later.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,948 ✭✭✭Sligo1

Not really a ride on as such.... But we just bought this scooter for our son this morning for his Xmas present. Bought him a helmet aswell. It's a micro scooter. I've heard the micro brand are excellent and very sturdy and a lot better than a lot of the scooters you will buy in Smyths etc. My son is turning 2 next week. It will take him a bit of practice to master it tho! :). But he had a go on it in the shop this morning and he loved it! It says from 3 years but heaps of 2 yr olds that I know have it. It also comes with an add on seat for a younger child.

http://www.micro-scooters.ie/mobile/scooters-model-mini-micro-ages-3-5/mini-micro-scooter-t-bar-blue.html

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

Definitely a balance bike

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭kerrymaid11

Thanks everyone for the replies! Great info...should have mentioned that my lo is a girl 😄

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,948 ✭✭✭Sligo1

Thanks everyone for the replies! Great info...should have mentioned that my lo is a girl 😄

Most ride ons/balance bikes/ scooters are unisex anyways. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,916 ✭✭✭✭iguana

What you get really depends on what function you want the ride on to be for. Do you want something for around the house and garden? Or something that can be used for short trips to the shops? Or something for longer trips?

I gave my 2 year old a 3 wheeler mini-scooter on Monday for his birthday and for Christmas he's getting a balance bike with pneumatic tyres and a scooter style footpad. I got them for him as he's bike mad and he should really love them once he gets the hang of them. But also because I'm hoping that over the summer between the two of them, they will drastically reduce his need for a buggy. The balance bike is suitable for "long" trips like the distance to my parents house, dog walks and to the nearest park. While the scooter is suitable for shorter trips and to places where the balance bike would be too awkward like if we were going to the shops or somewhere that part of the journey is on a bus. Both are suitable for play on our driveway and the scooter can be used in the house (I've been whizzing about the livingroom all week on it as he likes me to chase him on it. It's so much fun I'm thinking of buying my own scooter, theoretically to keep up with him once he gets fast, but mainly 'cause it's kind of awesome.)

He has this scooter; http://www.amazon.co.uk/Night-Garden-Igglepiggle-Tri-Scooter/dp/B002CGRY5Y
    And is getting this bike; http://www.amazon.co.uk/30-5cm-Child-Learner-Balance-Running/dp/B004LUQ1YY/ref=sr_1_7?s=kids&ie=UTF8&qid=1416009610&sr=1-7&keywords=bikestar

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,873 ✭✭✭melissak

Mine loved the scuttlebug trike at this age.

• Advertisement

Advertisement