Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Primavera Sound 2015 - May 28 - 30

Options
  • 12-11-2014 10:49am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,022 ✭✭✭

The Strokes are announced as the first headliner.

STROKES_PRIMAVERA_POST_600.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 949 ✭✭✭grudgehugger

lc180 wrote: »
    The Stroke are announced as the first headliner.

Never heard of The Stroke - some new Irish band named after the shenanigans of our erstwhile political leaders? ;)

Fairly underwhelming announcement in any case...

Half thinking of going to Porto next year- would be happy with these guys not making the trip over from Barca...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,022 ✭✭✭lc180

Never heard of The Stroke - some new Irish band named after the shenanigans of our erstwhile political leaders? ;)

Hah you got in before I edited it!

This will prob kick off rumours of EP or Longitude.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,402 ✭✭✭nxbyveromdwjpg

Brilliant, hopefully they don't skip Ireland again

• Registered Users Posts: 697 ✭✭✭Saruwatari

Couldn't give half a shovel bout them but if last year's lineup is anything to go by there'll be loads more I'm bound to like

wrote:
    British shoegaze pioneers Ride have reunited and will tour across the world next year. Their forthcoming dates include headlining gigs at Primavera Sound in Barcelona and Field Day in London. Banners carrying the band's logo have been spotted around Barcelona, as you can see below viaTime Out Barcelona.

Not gonna lie, I never heard of them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

probably one of the biggest shoegaze bands ever, along with My Bloody Valentine and Slowdive.
    Andy Bell has been a member of Oasis and then Beady Eye since 2000.

surprised they're headlining though. Slowdive were 3rd on the bill last year, and Ride are on their level. MBV are bigger and were 2nd on the bill.

probably one of the biggest shoegaze bands ever, along with My Bloody Valentine and Slowdive.
    Andy Bell has been a member of Oasis and then Beady Eye since 2000.

surprised they're headlining though. Slowdive were 3rd on the bill last year, and Ride are on their level. MBV are bigger and were 2nd on the bill.

I had no idea who Slowdive were as well and they were one of the highlights for me last year. I could see them headlining the ATP or
    Pitchfork stage, maybe that's what they mean by headliner. I remember them making a big deal about Neutral Milk Hotel Last year and they were on the ATP stage.

Ride, feckin nice! Wonder if they'd make an appearance over here? Body & Soul would suit em

• Registered Users Posts: 267 ✭✭larrymickdick

Just putting this out there - probably completely off the mark - but the Foo Fighters are supposed to be playing Slane Saturday 30th May - they have nothing booked in for Thursday 28th/Friday 29th May - think they might play Primavera?

Would be sweet if they did - I'd go see them in Barcelona well before going to see them in Slane.

• Registered Users Posts: 532 ✭✭✭Mickolution

Just putting this out there - probably completely off the mark - but the Foo Fighters are supposed to be playing Slane Saturday 30th May - they have nothing booked in for Thursday 28th/Friday 29th May - think they might play Primavera?

Would be sweet if they did - I'd go see them in Barcelona well before going to see them in Slane.

I'd be surprised, to be honest. They're bigger than anyone who's ever played Primavera before, I reckon. Could happen as it's growing all the time, but I would have thought they'd be better suited to something like Benicassim.

• Advertisement

I hope to hell not

Lineup to be announced at 6 PM today

• Registered Users Posts: 2,739 ✭✭✭MyPeopleDrankTheSoup

yep, 2015 thread over in the main Music forum for some reason
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057325279

1919663_10153081159328156_2714695696189184410_n.jpg?oh=8723f0cbb1efca0edfdc2e049aea0acc&oe=555E1AF0

• Registered Users Posts: 557 ✭✭✭ned rierson

lc180 wrote: »
    1919663_10153081159328156_2714695696189184410_n.jpg?oh=8723f0cbb1efca0edfdc2e049aea0acc&oe=555E1AF0

the Replacements !!!!!!!
    will not miss this

Advertisement