Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Blueface notice period- sneaky.

Options
  • 12-11-2014 11:02am
    Registered Users Posts: 10

Hi guys,
    we just recently handed in a 30 days notice of service termination to blueface (moving to another voip supplier in Ireland -that I'm not in any way affiliated with).
    I wondered why I receved two months subsequent full bills from Blueface -apparently Blueface's 30 days notice is according to their support guys - "30 days to the next billing cycle" (not stated this way in the t&c's btw). Thus we have to pay in effect 50 days to the end of our notice (cause we gave notice 10 days into the month).
    Sound like someone is too lazy to bother pro rating the last bill so they just bill in full.
    just a bit sneaky in my mind, so I though I'd note it here. Obviously I've complained and asked for the bill to be pro rata'ed. But given the level of service to date, I'm not holding my breath.
    All the best

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 4,621 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr. G

candoken wrote: »
    Hi guys,
    we just recently handed in a 30 days notice of service termination to blueface (moving to another voip supplier in Ireland -that I'm not in any way affiliated with).
    I wondered why I receved two months subsequent full bills from Blueface -apparently Blueface's 30 days notice is according to their support guys - "30 days to the next billing cycle" (not stated this way in the t&c's btw). Thus we have to pay in effect 50 days to the end of our notice (cause we gave notice 10 days into the month).
    Sound like someone is too lazy to bother pro rating the last bill so they just bill in full.
    just a bit sneaky in my mind, so I though I'd note it here. Obviously I've complained and asked for the bill to be pro rata'ed. But given the level of service to date, I'm not holding my breath.
    All the best

Terms say:
    Prior to the expiry of the Minimum Period, Customer
    shall be notified at least 30 days in advance of their upcoming
    renewal date. Customer’s contract shall then renew automatically
    in a 12-month block unless Blueface is advised otherwise by
    Customer prior to the renewal date.

Customer shall have a 30-day cooling-off period after
    each renewal during which time they shall have the option to
    terminate the contract.

Prior to the expiry of the then-current contract term, either
    party may terminate this Agreement on the giving of a minimum
    of thirty (30) days written notice to the other. This is subject to the
    provisions of Section 9 hereof.

http://www.blueface.ie/terms-and-conditions-main.pdf

30 days notice is 30 days notice. The terms and conditions is your legally binding contract with them.

Don't forget: You pay for the month in advance.
    If you are paying by direct debit, you pay an extra month so if you miss a payment it covers it (I think). It's really complicated the way they do it.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 candoken

Hi Mr. G,
    - I think my point is exactly that, that 30 days notice is 30 days notice, not 50 - many other companies have the ability to bill per day or prorata their final bills, so that after the 30 days notice you are not billed further.

According to Blueface's approach one could conceivably be billed for a further 61 days billing after you give notice.

Just seems a bit sneaky, that's all.

I've asked Comreg to comment on this so we will see what their take on this is.
    all the best,
    Ken

Hi Mr. G,
    - I think my point is exactly that, that 30 days notice is 30 days notice, not 50 - many other companies have the ability to bill per day or prorata their final bills, so that after the 30 days notice you are not billed further.

According to Blueface's approach one could conceivably be billed for a further 61 days billing after you give notice.

Just seems a bit sneaky, that's all.

I've asked Comreg to comment on this so we will see what their take on this is.
    all the best,
    Ken

I'm not solicitor/accountant, but they must be able to do it pro rata or even refund what you are "owed" / month paid in advance and any deposits. Very confusing. Do let me know what Comreg say, Blueface's billing isn't that transparent as meet the eye but I've seen ALOT worse with other telcos.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 candoken

Hi All,

Result!

@ Mr.G - thanks for the assistance and comments (and to whomever founded boards.ie for that matter).

I see that I received an email yesterday afternoon from a Blueface representative who

1) reaffirmed the policy that in effect you need to give 30 days to the next billing cycle, which will then be your final billing cycle -so min 30 days and possibly 61 days notice period for customer with monthly contracts.

2) but as an exception blueface have granted me (as a super special individual [and not at all because I have spoken to comreg]) a refund of the final month they recently debited from our account.

So I only have to pay 20 days notice instead of 50. How lucky am I.

Lets hope that Blueface are not advertising 30 days notice- when really they should be saying "minimal notice of between 30 days and 61 days".
    Hopefully they will change this "own-goal" of a policy.

I will get back with the input from Comreg as soon as I have their feedback.

All the best,
    Ken

Hi All,

Result!

@ Mr.G - thanks for the assistance and comments (and to whomever founded boards.ie for that matter).

I see that I received an email yesterday afternoon from a Blueface representative who

1) reaffirmed the policy that in effect you need to give 30 days to the next billing cycle, which will then be your final billing cycle -so min 30 days and possibly 61 days notice period for customer with monthly contracts.

2) but as an exception blueface have granted me (as a super special individual [and not at all because I have spoken to comreg]) a refund of the final month they recently debited from our account.

So I only have to pay 20 days notice instead of 50. How lucky am I.

Lets hope that Blueface are not advertising 30 days notice- when really they should be saying "minimal notice of between 30 days and 61 days".
    Hopefully they will change this "own-goal" of a policy.

I will get back with the input from Comreg as soon as I have their feedback.

All the best,
    Ken

No problem.
    Sorry Ken, if the Terms and Conditions say 30 days notice outside of a contract, that's 30 days notice. Not 30 days from the billing date :confused:.

It depends on when your billing date is, but make sure to get anything back your owed, e.g. I think Blueface have deposits on their plans for direct debits but not credit/debit card plans.

Great to hear you got sorted.

• Advertisement
Advertisement