Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lee Evans in Dublin tonight

Options
  • 12-11-2014 11:24am
    Registered Users Posts: 32

We got tickets for Lee Evans is in Dublin tonight.

What do you think of him. Is he worth going to.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,850 ✭✭✭FouxDaFaFa

I think he's good at what he does but his comedy is not generally to my taste. Great at physical comedy.

I'm sure you'll have a good night. I saw him do an in-progress show in Galway a few years back and enjoyed myself.

Sidenote: I've never seen standup at the 3arena/o2. I'd be interested to hear how you find it.

• Registered Users Posts: 32 tealcottage

Have to say Lee Evans was absolutely fantastic in the 3 arena last night.

We enjoyed him from beginning to end.

He has a huge amount of energy.

Will go to see him again some time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,642 ✭✭✭MRnotlob606

He always seems to pull of a great show- whether you like him or not, he can sure pull of a great show and fill seats.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,642 ✭✭✭MRnotlob606

Just heard he's retiring.Sad to hear it, but I'm sure he made the right decision considering he wants to spend more time with his wife and kids.The man made a substantial contribution to British Comedy.A multi talented guy who spurred my interest in too stand up comedy along with Billy Connolly.

Tealcottage You're so lucky to have been at one of Lee Evan's last performances. He is due to retire after his current tour.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,850 ✭✭✭FouxDaFaFa

I'm very surprised to hear that, considering he's still quite young. But fair play to him for recognising that it was damaging him and his family.

• Advertisement
Advertisement