Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Christmas Markets / Fairs in Dublin

Options
  • 12-11-2014 11:49am
    Registered Users Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭

Apparently the Christmas Market stalls around St Stephens Green are opening this Thursday eve to co-incide with the Grafton St lights turning on ceremony.

http://www.dublinatchristmas.ie/christmas/christmas-market-in-dublin/

Can we put reviews / prices here once anyone goes to visits?

And perhaps any other reviews or markets / fairs elsewhere?

I think there's some Christmas Fair on in St Annes Park in Clontarf starting at the end of the month, but can't find reference to it online. There's a big sign up on the coast road side of the park - I'll update next time I pass it.

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,213 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

• Registered Users Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

There will hopefully be a market just off Henry St too permission for it was meant to be granted on it this week there was also talk of having 16 of the chalets along O'Connell St near Clerys which would look nice it would be more like some of the European ones good to see them trying to make something more of that street.

I'll definitely be popping over the Stephens Green this weekend love a good Christmas market me!

• Registered Users Posts: 13 LoveBiscuits

Does anyone know what time the Christmas lights are actually meant to be turned on at? All I can find is that the "event" kicks off at 5pm but seems kind of early for those who would want to go in after work?

• Registered Users Posts: 309 ✭✭tomboylady

I think the lights are usually turned on just before 6.00pm.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,945 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

assume the Georges Dock market will be back - it's been getting worse every year though...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,598 ✭✭✭Meauldsegosha

loyatemu wrote: »
    assume the Georges Dock market will be back - it's been getting worse every year though...

I'm not sure it is coming back. I was goggling it and all I could find was this link - http://www.christmasmarkets.com/Ireland/dublin-docklands-christmas-market.html and it states the info is not verified by the organiser. The Dublin Dockland Authority or IFSC websites don't have any info on a Christmas market this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,598 ✭✭✭Meauldsegosha

The one in St. Anne's looks impressive.

• Registered Users Posts: 849 ✭✭✭petronius

Always like the christmas markets when in mainland europe, germany especially
    Will be interesting to see what the stephens green one is like, hopefully not over priced tack
    hopefully some nice nibbles as well

• Registered Users Posts: 466 ✭✭DulchieLaois

Craft Fair in RDS can be described as over priced at the best of times

Advertisement