Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Quick Question Regarding Customs

Options
  • 12-11-2014 11:55am
    Registered Users Posts: 399 ✭✭

Hey guys i was just speaking to sg airsoft about the m200 and stated on the website the rifle comes with both spring and gas bolt but after talking to them i was told only the spring comes with it. I was wondering if anybody knew if i was to buy one online (gas or co2 bolt) would it have any trouble arriving? I know a few have bought the rifle outside of Ireland and got both bolts with it as they should so surly buying the bolt alone wouldn't be any problem..?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

I suspect the co2 bolt puts the fps over the legal limit here .which would explain the retailers only selling it with the spring kit

• Registered Users Posts: 399 ✭✭jamesk014

Yea man that's what i was told but i know lads who have m200's and bought them in the us and had them shipped and still got them with both bolts..?

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

jamesk014 wrote: »
    Yea man that's what i was told but i know lads who have m200's and bought them in the us and had them shipped and still got them with both bolts..?

400 fps or there about it if I'm correct .
    There legal in the states hence the 2 bolts included

Gatling wrote: »
    400 fps or there about it if I'm correct .
    There legal in the states hence the 2 bolts included

ah i see.. i would have taught that kind of thing would be checked in customs..?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,446 ✭✭✭brenak47

Some items get by customs and if they were to check and its over it gets destroyed no question asked.Why look for something thats going to leave u with an illegal fire arm and u can't game unless u can find a way to downgrade the co2 bolt.Shop around as the vsr co2 kits are fully adjustable so it can be set at 328 u might be able to get the same kit for yours.

• Advertisement

thanks buddy :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,006 ✭✭✭Southern Dandy

I can not see why customs would stop it, my M700 fires at 315 with 144A and the gas it is supposed to use is green gas which puts it at the 380-400fps. The bolt seperately is incapeble of firing a projectile in the same regard you can order gearboxes with M150 spring in them.

Having said that I can only imagine you would want such a bolt in the event you travel abroad to skirmish in a country with a greater fps limit than out own. Other than that don't bother buying one, your running the risk if by chance you get caught, pulled over and have your beloved M200 in the boot with the gas bolt installed you are to put it mildly fooooked! And say bye bye to your gun!.

I can not see why customs would stop it, my M700 fires at 315 with 144A and the gas it is supposed to use is green gas which puts it at the 380-400fps. The bolt seperately is incapeble of firing a projectile in the same regard you can order gearboxes with M150 spring in them.

Having said that I can only imagine you would want such a bolt in the event you travel abroad to skirmish in a country with a greater fps limit than out own. Other than that don't bother buying one, your running the risk if by chance you get caught, pulled over and have your beloved M200 in the boot with the gas bolt installed you are to put it mildly fooooked! And say bye bye to your gun!.

Well when you put it that way .. no ha i get where your coming from it was purely a question just seemed strange how you could import the gun with the bolt along side it and have no trouble but even buying the bolt on its own seems to be a big no no. my m200 is staying on one place and that's hanging on the wall or out hitting targets the only reason i asked is because of that very reason. Thanks for the insight ! :)

Advertisement