Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Amiibos....collector urge growing...

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

I thought Game had pre-orders on the wave with Ness in them.

Edit :
    Yup - "Shop Wave 6"

Lucina, Robin, Ness, Charizard, Pacman

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

As much as they look fantastic, I think I'm just going to sell off my collection.

Too many coming out too fast and in too few numbers.

• Registered Users Posts: 482 ✭✭souleater3000

Banjo wrote: »
    I thought Game had pre-orders on the wave with Ness in them.

Edit :
    Yup - "Shop Wave 6"

Lucina, Robin, Ness, Charizard, Pacman

So they are, I was just going by Irish shops earlier. They seem to be missing Wario.

Also it seems that Smyths may not be getting in Rosalina, Dedede, Meta Knight and Shulk as they dont have release dates on their site for them but do for the other new waves. Kind of like when they Didn't have Marth, Villager etc

FutureGuy wrote: »
    As much as they look fantastic, I think I'm just going to sell off my collection.

Too many coming out too fast and in too few numbers.

Yeah the low stock on so many of them is annoying and makes me buy them much faster rather than spread out. I imagine I'd end up with a few Pre-owned ones at some point of the ones I didn't manage to grab.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭Ace Attorney

Pretty much given up on any future amiibo purchases after the unexpected mm3dsxl came into existence. Gannondorf amibo might change my mind if it comes out tho.

• Advertisement

Wave 1 now 14.99 in argos, wave 2 is still 13.99 and the offer ''buy 2 get €1 off'' is over

• Registered Users Posts: 3,276 ✭✭✭readyletsgo

So I see Amazon uk have Ike Amiibo back up for pre-order now. Also have Lucario but not sure if that was out of stock before now.

So with all these Amiibo, I have 11 with 6 more coming next week. Haven't opened any of them yet but they take up so much space! Should I just open them all? (I don't have Little Mac)

Dying to pre-order Wario Amiibo but he is not up anywhere yet but Ness and Pac-Man are on the GAME website to pre-order.

Just saw, Pac, Ness, and Wario all sold out on GAME website.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭elekid

I've opened mine, I want to actually use them as well as display them. I've got a nice little collection so far with a few more I want to get. I'd like to get a playable character to represent each of my favourite main Nintendo series, and then I'll be happy.

I'm hopeful that they will find better ways to use them in future games but if not it's still cool to have a collection of nice detailed models, especially of some of the more obscure characters.

I have opened all mine but I keep them in the boxes because I dont have enough shelf space to put them all up safely, most of them are in a bad atm.

For whatever reason Smyths is now listing the next wave as the 26th instead of the 23rd, which is annoying because the Jervis st store at least is actually closed that day. Sheik is still down for the 23rd tho for whatever reason. Just thought it was odd, hopefully they will be in stock this week

elekid wrote: »

I'm hopeful that they will find better ways to use them in future games but if not it's still cool to have a collection of nice detailed models, especially of some of the more obscure characters.

Yeah, ya see, that's the thing, only thing I would open Link for would be for the spinner. The rest? don't know. It's a total money spinner with not much in return so far.

Other than that, I'm doing the same, just want to collect the ones I want. Just seems such a waste to leave them in the packets forever. I'll have a think and then maybe violently rip them all open tonight lol then, regret will set in.

• Advertisement

Its possible that at e3 Nintendo could announce an amiibo game that works like Skylanders, they just wanted to see if they would be popular enough to bother doing it.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,556 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

So I see Amazon uk have Ike Amiibo back up for pre-order now. Also have Lucario but not sure if that was out of stock before now.

So with all these Amiibo, I have 11 with 6 more coming next week. Haven't opened any of them yet but they take up so much space! Should I just open them all? (I don't have Little Mac)

Dying to pre-order Wario Amiibo but he is not up anywhere yet but Ness and Pac-Man are on the GAME website to pre-order.

Just saw, Pac, Ness, and Wario all sold out on GAME website.

I pre-ordered the wave with Ness etc but Wario wasn't appearing on the game website that day and when I went back to check he was sold out.
    The whole amiibo thing is very annoying with trying to get them all.
    I got the harder to get ones from wave 1, all of wave 2 and wave 3 is been delivered as we speak and I have most of the next two waves pre-ordered.
    Then I see that the have Super Mario Amiibos with just different poses for characters all ready released and I'm beginning to feel not bothered with them.
    I've only opened one so far and that was kirby and it wasn't much use, hopefully they will all develop more use in the coming year or so.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭elekid

I'd love an Amiibo game so long as it doesn't lock out content if you don't have certain Amiibos,especially with all the stock shortages. If there was a Little Mac exclusive level, no one would be able to play it!

I don't like buying things like this only to leave them in the packaging, but isn't there some way you can use them from inside the packaging by fiddling with a grey strip underneath or something?

elekid wrote: »
    I'd love an Amiibo game so long as it doesn't lock out content if you don't have certain Amiibos,especially with all the stock shortages. If there was a Little Mac exclusive level, no one would be able to play it!

I don't like buying things like this only to leave them in the packaging, but isn't there some way you can use them from inside the packaging by fiddling with a grey strip underneath or something?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K7JTOSMaOnE if your willing to do this then yes

If that's the slice-it-scrape-it method, it works
    You don't need to completely clear the sticker off, just get a good chunk off.
    The metal sticker is not stuck to the Amiibo, it's stuck to plastic, so you don't need to be too gentle.
    If you're not trying to later pretend that the Amiibo was never opened, the wider the slit the easier it is to work with. I went all the way across but as long as you can get the manual out (it is very annoying to work around) it's big enough.
    After all your hard work, don't leave the box within the grasp of 3 year olds. "I want to play with Yoshi!" rrrrrrrrrip.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K7JTOSMaOnE if your willing to do this then yes

Haha yeah I heard of that. Meh, I either open them or not. Not planning to sell them on for profit anyway.

Also, I heard that in the American direct re: Marth Amiibo and fire emblem characters working in code word steam, they said that they will be releasing more Marth. So I don't think many, if any Amiibo will be rare. So it might be a different Marth but does the exact same thing as the smash Marth.

Feck it! I opened all my Amiibo.

Ahhhh...... space :)

Oh god the carnage!! D:
    They look great tho :D

Anyway according to smyths the new wave got delayed due to bad weather so they wont have them till next week.

Oh god the carnage!! D:
    They look great tho :D

Anyway according to smyths the new wave got delayed due to bad weather so they wont have them till next week.

I wonder is that a lot of places in Ireland and UK or just smyths?

So glad I opened them, look much better and I can play house with them now.

I wonder is that a lot of places in Ireland and UK or just smyths?

So glad I opened them, look much better and I can play house with them now.

Not sure, I hope not but if it is its just a few extra days.

Play house like a little girl plays house with her dolls or play House like you come in with a walking stick and diagnose your amiibo with a terminal illness?:P

• Advertisement

Clearly like a little girl in a frilly dress playing with a very beautifully sculpted 5 story doll house.

Wii fit trainer and Samus are the parents. Kirby's the fun pet pup.

Is the wario one up for preorder any where apart from game?

That beautifully sculpted 5 story doll house would be a great place to display amiibo. Hmmm

Not that I know of OwaynOTT. Game always get these things up pretty fast before other sites. Check amazon and shopto every so often and I'm sure you can grab a pre-order

That beautifully sculpted 5 story doll house would be a great place to display amiibo. Hmmm

Not that I know of OwaynOTT. Game always get these things up pretty fast before other sites. Check amazon and shopto every so often and I'm sure you can grab a pre-order

Don't know how I missed it on Game as I got all the other ones from that wave.

Got some bad news for everyone about the Rosalina amiibo http://www.gonintendo.com/s/245629-eu-rosalina-orders-being-cancelled-at-gamestop

Does this mean that the nutter who swore he'd buy them all up has succeeded? Oh noes. Would it be too gauche to say #jeSuisRosalina

He damn well must of. Nah i think we should get that hashtag started.

In all seriousness tho this is really annoying

• Registered Users Posts: 2,134 ✭✭✭gubbie

Did someone want to buy them all?

gubbie wrote: »
    Did someone want to buy them all?

Someone sure did and someone sure must of
    http://mynintendonews.com/2015/01/11/man-apparently-purchases-over-one-hundred-rosalina-luma-amiibos-so-fans-cant/

And to think he has plans for some other characters too D:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,134 ✭✭✭gubbie

Someone sure did and someone sure must of
    http://mynintendonews.com/2015/01/11/man-apparently-purchases-over-one-hundred-rosalina-luma-amiibos-so-fans-cant/

And to think he has plans for some other characters too D:

What an absolute waste! Thanks for the link :) Bitter man

Advertisement