Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Amiibos....collector urge growing...

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Sen7877

Personally, I am not interested in amiibos as they only give collectibles or optional benefits that help beat the game when you can do so without them, so I don't see a need to get them

• Registered Users Posts: 641 ✭✭✭johnf26

Byleth,Banjo and Kazooie and Terry Bogard amiibos up for pre-order on gamestop

• Registered Users Posts: 727 ✭✭✭80s Synth Pop

Cheers for that.

If you spot anywhere taking preorders on the 2x other monster hunter amiibos Palamute and Palico please do post here :D

• Registered Users Posts: 894 ✭✭✭tbahh

I'm trying to order some on Nintendo UK Store. It won't let me put ROI as an address. I thought they shipped to Ireland? Anyone else had issues like this?

tbahh wrote: »
    I'm trying to order some on Nintendo UK Store. It won't let me put ROI as an address. I thought they shipped to Ireland? Anyone else had issues like this?

There is no way to order from nintendo to Ireland according to their customer support team. I emailed them about this last week when I had to cancel all the preorders set to delivery to the now defunct parcel motel.

• Advertisement

There is no way to order from nintendo to Ireland according to their customer support team. I emailed them about this last week when I had to cancel all the preorders set to delivery to the now defunct parcel motel.

That's so annoying. I was too late to send a message to their live chat team but I'll do so tomorrow.

I think the only way to get it would be through Addresspal but their new delivery fee is like half the price of an amiibo. I'm probably going to end up with Gamestop, although I really don't want to!

tbahh wrote: »
    That's so annoying. I was too late to send a message to their live chat team but I'll do so tomorrow.

I

I got to talk to them earlier today. They only deliver in the UK now and the Channel Islands. The questions on their help centre contradict one another. They claim to be Brexit-ready, saying that orders will not be impacted and will still be delivered to EU destinations. There is another question there that says that they only deliver physical products to the UK only, which is apparently the most recent update. They didn't know if the was an EU store or not - from what I researched yesterdy, this does not appear to be the case.

If you had a uk address you could have ordered the 3x new monster hunter ones yesterday
    https://store.nintendo.co.uk/games/nintendo-switch/monster-hunter-rise.list

Nothing on gamestop Ireland at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭narmst

I've ordered Monster Hunter: Rise Collector's Edition from Gamestop.ie (and yes per prev post very annoying that it's gone up to €99 in Ireland - cheaper everywhere elser!) and I've ordered the other Monster Hunter Amiibos (Palamute / Palico) using Shipito. Shipito buys from US stores and re-ships but it can work out to be expensive.

https://www.shipito.com/en/shipping-calculator

• Advertisement

I'm wondering if anyone got a complete collection of Amiibo?

Recently bought Qbby and Navirou/Nabiru to complete my collection. I've 196 physical and 6 on guaranteed pre-order.

To my knowledge the only ones I don't have are those new Gold Monster Hunter rise Japan 7-eleven competition ones (not going to bother with those).

Curious if anyone else has been as insane?

I embarrassed to say I've a full collection too (except the Jap gold competition ones).
    All are boxed except the Corrin P2. Still looking for a boxed one of that.

Don't forget the normal and dark skylander amiibos.

I embarrassed to say I've a full collection too (except the Jap gold competition ones).
    All are boxed except the Corrin P2. Still looking for a boxed one of that.

Don't forget the normal and dark skylander amiibos.

I'm glad I'm not the only insane person.
    I made the decision day 1 not to keep them boxed. Personal choice and not disputing how nice they look in other collections boxed. But for me I wanted to see the figures and place them in a glass case. And I didn't have space for what's turned out to be 200 boxes. Anyway - the amount that have arrived (even from Nintendo UK) with squashed boxes would have meant a lot of re-ordering. I'm happy with my decision is the point.

I've the 4 skylanders. Of the others the more challenging/expensive ones were Qbby, Nabiru/Navirou, megaman 11 gold and Amiibo Cereal because they all had to be imported.

The three new monster hunter rise have been a bit frustrating. I ordered the big box MH Rise to get Magnamalo and ordered the two other ones from shipito in US as I didn't think that Nintendo UK would release them - then I found they were all on the UK site but too late to pick them up. Those three are going to end up being very expensive in the end.

Lastly - Brexit is going to be a pain - I've had two orders from nintendo uk and both have been delayed and had customs charges. Where is everyone else ordering from in the EU which have reliable amiibo supplies? I don't really trust some of the Irish suppliers not to cancel orders and anyway Gamestop really charges a premium to Irish customers.

Got new boxed Resetti (Animal Crossing) for £5 delivered yesterday from Amazon. Only had ordered on Sunday.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,181 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

Introducing the Zelda & Loftwing amiibo – The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword HD

https://youtube.com/watch?v=BjSHq7e3mB8
    Meet the new Zelda & Loftwing amiibo, launching on July 16! This amiibo features two characters on a single base and can be used to travel between the surface and the sky in The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword HD.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,070 ✭✭✭sok2005

sligeach wrote: »
    Introducing the Zelda & Loftwing amiibo – The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword HD

https://youtube.com/watch?v=BjSHq7e3mB8

Where can we pre-order for delivery to Ireland?

sok2005 wrote: »
    Where can we pre-order for delivery to Ireland?

Gamestop have them up.

johnf26 wrote: »
    Gamestop have them up.

Can't find the listing on Gamestop.

Has anyone here managed to get a pre-order of the Zelda/Loftwing amiibo?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,439 ✭✭✭Ryath

Looks like amazon UK had it to preorder but not anymore.
    You can still preorder on German and Italian sites. Little cheaper from Italy
    https://www.amazon.it/dp/B095BSLP25?psc=1

https://www.amazon.de/dp/B095BSLP25?psc=1

• Advertisement

pre ordered mine on Monday with gamestop and the listing was definitely still up on Tuesday but seems to be gone now

• Registered Users Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

Pre ordered mine on Gamestop earlier in the week.

Picked up a pre-order from Amazon Italy! Thanks gang.

Zelda Loftwing amiibo back up on GameStop. 19.99 so quite a good price. I've still my one on amazon.it on order as don't fully trust GameStop from past experiences.

Link just in case: https://www.gamestop.ie/Other%20Products/Games/77048/the-legend-of-zelda-skyward-sword-hd-zelda-and-loftwing-amiibo

Is everyone waiting in gamestop to list the 3x new monster hunter and the 2x new metroid?

The games are up for preorder but no sign of the amiibo yet.

Is everyone waiting in gamestop to list the 3x new monster hunter and the 2x new metroid?

The games are up for preorder but no sign of the amiibo yet.

id say we will be left waiting,they didnt get the other monster hunter ones apart from the one with the collectors edition of monster hunter.

From what I can see, the 3x new monster hunter amiibo are once again "my nintendo store" exclusives.

I was able to grab he previous monster hunter ones there last time around. It looks like I've missed the boat on two of them (Ena and Tsukino)
    but you can still pre-order Razewing Ratha though https://www.nintendo.de/My-Nintendo-Store/Zubehor/Zubehor-1369896.html (use google translate and it ships to Ireland.)

Keeping an eye on gamestop for the new metroid ones.

New Metroid amiibos are on gamestop website now but says sold out,worth to keep an eye hope i didnt miss it.

https://www.gamestop.ie/Switch/Games/76794/amiibo-samus-and-e-m-m-i-2-pack

johnf26 wrote: »
    New Metroid amiibos are on gamestop website now but says sold out,worth to keep an eye hope i didnt miss it.

https://www.gamestop.ie/Switch/Games/76794/amiibo-samus-and-e-m-m-i-2-pack

Got my order in yesterday but was OOS when going to post on here.

I think same thing happened with Zelda Loftwing figure, it was put on site, went OOS, came back a couple of days after and now OOS for a while.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,181 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

Advertisement