Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Amiibos....collector urge growing...

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

gubbie wrote: »
    What an absolute waste! Thanks for the link :) Bitter man

I take it by "Bitter man" you mean "petulant man-child with more money than sense", yes?

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

WiiFit trainer's status on Argos has gone from Out of Stock to Can Be Ordered for all stores, for anyone who likes to dream big...
    http://checkargos.com/StockCheckPage.php?productId=3259669

Little Mac, Villager and Marth are not so lucky.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,127 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Star Lord wrote: »
    I take it by "Bitter man" you mean "petulant man-child with more money than sense", yes?

:D

A true inspiration to us all, I think I'll buy up all the Ness figures when it comes out. :confused:;):):)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

A few Villagers and WiiFits popped up in stock around the country.
    Keep an eye on Argos - I think they're updating stock. A post on HUKD suggested they got deliveries in at 4 or 4:30pm today

Villager
    http://checkargos.com/StockCheckPage.php?productId=3197989

WiiFit
    http://checkargos.com/StockCheckPage.php?productId=3259669

Marth
    http://checkargos.com/StockCheckPage.php?productId=322%2F3365

Little Mac
    http://checkargos.com/StockCheckPage.php?productId=382%2F2670

Smyths in Blanch did not get Rosalina, Ike looks awesome, so does Shiek, still don't like Toon Link though, didn't see Bowser but they do have it and Lucrio too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 482 ✭✭souleater3000

Smyths in Blanch did not get Rosalina, Ike looks awesome, so does Shiek, still don't like Toon Link though, didn't see Bowser but they do have it and Lucrio too.

Wish I knew they were in stock so I could of got them today. Its more annoying that they told me they were delayed till the 26th and the site says not available. Darn you smyths darn you.
    Shame about Rosalina :(

Wish I knew they were in stock so I could of got them today. Its more annoying that they told me they were delayed till the 26th and the site says not available. Darn you smyths darn you.
    Shame about Rosalina :(

They are released in the morning, not today(as in Thursday) the guy behind the counter in Blanch showed me Ike, Toon Link and Shiek, the others were still in the box waiting to be opened and put on the stock room shelf, he was opening the other three as i was trading in my games, that's how I got to see them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭elekid

I got Ike in Gamestop Henry St this morning.

I also saw another Ike, 1 Sheik, 1 Zelda and 1 Captain Falcon there if anyone is looking for those

• Registered Users Posts: 3,276 ✭✭✭readyletsgo

Argos sold out for now in Ilac and Jervis for anyone interested in the new ones. But they are priced at €13.99 each. Older ones are priced a Euro more.

Are gamestop still charging €17.99 for each Amiibo? Money to be made I guess.

I don't think Argos had stock in the first place, the new ones were Out of Stock as soon as they appeared on the site this morning

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭eoghanie

Anyone know the stock situation in Smyths Jervis St?

Should be in there after 2pm myself I'll update then.

Have a code for the Villager for Argos Dundrum won't be needing it if anyone wants it PM me, the code lasts until tomorrow closing.

eoghanie wrote: »
    Anyone know the stock situation in Smyths Jervis St?

Just got home from there, they didnt get any stock in, said they didnt know why they just didnt arrive. It anyone sees that change do let me know please, Nowhere has them and I;m not paying gamestop prices.

I wonder why Gamestop got stock but Argos and Smyths didn't.

I'm glad Ike is the last one I wanted for my collection, the whole thing is getting a bit stressful!

Rosalina seems to have been removed from the smyths website, so I guess nobody in Ireland will be getting a rosalina then.

No idea why only gamestop got shipment tbh

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭SilentHunter

I just got back from Smyths in Childers Road and they only had from the new stock:

Toon Link
    Sheik
    Ike
    Bowser

Disappointed they still haven't gotten in Little Mac.

I checked out all the Dublin city centre shops at lunchtime.

Smyths had no new ones. Gamestop Henry and Liffey St were all either sold out or they were preordered by other people. Gamestop Stephens Green had a Rosalina but it was on hold for someone else! Argos Jervis and Ilac didn't have any of the new ones on the system despite them being on the website.

Not a great situation at all.

You would think that with the way things went with the 1st wave they would have thought 'Oh yeah we should make more of each in the next waves' but no.
    Unless its their plan to send the world into an amiibo frenzy, but this rarity ****e is making me want to give up tbh

• Registered Users Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

Amazon France came up trumps for me this morning.

ny8eae.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭martineatworld

Corholio wrote: »

ny8eae.jpg

Are the French boxes the exact same?

They look the same to me, 'Rosalina's name is translated into other languages in the top right hand corner on the French one, that's the only difference I can see. That might be specific to her though as she wasn't called 'Rosalina' at all on the website, she was called 'Harmonie'.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,134 ✭✭✭gubbie

Why is Rosalina so popular? Is it purely because of stock? She's such a background character.

I think it's a pity that each character can't be used in more games

gubbie wrote: »
    Why is Rosalina so popular? Is it purely because of stock? She's such a background character.

I think it's a pity that each character can't be used in more games

I think this is exactly why, the less chance of her being used in more than 1 game, the less stock they will probably produce.

Its like they dont want our money

I think a lot of the more obscure characters are proving popular because Nintendo would never normally make figures of them. I've never seen any merchandise from Metroid, Fire Emblem, Star Fox etc. for sale in Ireland before, compared to a constant stream of Mario stuff.

It's certainly one of the main reasons I like them so much.

I also think that knowing something is rare makes people want it more.

elekid wrote: »
    I think a lot of the more obscure characters are proving popular because Nintendo would never normally make figures of them. I've never seen any merchandise from Metroid, Fire Emblem, Star Fox etc. for sale in Ireland before, compared to a constant stream of Mario stuff.

It's certainly one of the main reasons I like them so much.

I also think that knowing something is rare makes people want it more.

True, If they wern't going to be rare I wouldn't mind and would just buy them at a much slower rate but knowing they will be rare and hard to get makes me want to get them asap. Sad really when you think of it, there is no reason for Nintendo to not fill the demand, consoles and special editions I get but a toy, no

True, If they wern't going to be rare I wouldn't mind and would just buy them at a much slower rate but knowing they will be rare and hard to get makes me want to get them asap. Sad really when you think of it, there is no reason for Nintendo to not fill the demand, consoles and special editions I get but a toy, no

Yeah, same here, I would have preferred to buy 1 or 2 a month at a relaxed pace rather than feel I had to buy all the ones I wanted right away or never get them at all. It's been handled so badly, they probably should have slowed down and made enough Wave 1 before moving onto Wave 2, and 3,and 4, and so on.

They may all be re-released someday but who knows.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,276 ✭✭✭readyletsgo

Corholio wrote: »

ny8eae.jpg

Awesome! Are ya gonna rip them open like I'm gonna do when I get them next week?

Rosalina is hard to get because, I think, Nintendo didn't do as many as say Mario or Luigi AND that dick in the states who bought 100 rosalina with 30grand more to buy more, so people here and in the states ordered loads(imported) so she sold out. That's what I think anyway.

Get your preorders in online for the next wave as soon as you can so ya won't be disappointed. Can't wait for sonic and mega man next month :)
    elekid wrote: »

They may all be re-released someday but who knows.

Didn't Ninty say in a very articles last month that they were looking into rereleasing these all in card form in the future? I know it's not the same but if you really want the 'extras' these figures bring then it's not so bad.

Really want little Mac but looks unlikely.

• Advertisement

They mentioned in the American nintendo direct that more Marth were on the way, tho that probably has to do with Fire Emblem characters working in Code Name Steam.

If they do rerelease them its great, but there is no guarantee they will.

Advertisement