Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Amiibos....collector urge growing...

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7 SpookyPeanut

Hey all. I tried Smyth's Jervis & Fonthill Road earlier today. They are doing a stock take at the warehouse I was told by both stores and the new wave should be available in stores Monday or Tuesday latest.

For those still looking for older ones...I got 'Pit' in Smyth's Fonthill Road (Near Liffey Valley) today. They still had another one on the shelf.

Got 'Wii Fit Trainer' in Argos at Liffey Valley today too. Stock seems sporadic and random but they are creeping back in some of the rarer ones.

Wasn't near any Gamestops but their price's are bit high. (€16.99) Smyth's are €14.99 and Argos same. (Some are €13.99 too) Might be only €2 in the difference but if buying 8 or 10 then its another figure with change.

Hope this helps anyway.

Others in stock @ Smyth's Fonthill Road:

Luigi,
    Donkey Kong,
    Diddy Kong,
    Pit,
    Kirby,
    Pickachu,
    Peach,
    Link,
    Mario,
    Samus

• Registered Users Posts: 482 ✭✭souleater3000

I know Smyths is doing a store stock take all around the country, not sure if it starts tomorrow or has started in some stores, Jervis street is Monday I know that so they will be closed and hopefully have stock in by then.

Also wish Smyths got enough amiibo in to display on proper shelves like they do Skylanders and Disney infinity instead of in the back room.
    Still no sign of the new ones on argos

Fonthill Smyth's has a half decent shelf display... Bout 30 or so on shelves beside the WiiU games and more beside Disney figures. The Jervis one is terrible :D . Think it had about 4 on a small cardboardy display thing. Mario & Peach. :)

I didn't even know Argos had them on their site yet. Checked em all there...all out of stock :D Or prob never were in stock. Gonna try em again morrow afternoon...might get lucky :P

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭SilentHunter

Also wish Smyths got enough amiibo in to display on proper shelves like they do Skylanders and Disney infinity instead of in the back room.

The Smyths in childers road does have it's own shelf (well half a shelf) but none in the back as I asked while buying some of wave 3 if they had Rosalina and Lucario in the back and sadly he said that anything that was on the floor was all they had.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,143 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Got Ike and Shiek earlier tonight in Smyths in Blanch, Bowser is the heaviest Amiibo I have held so far will be getting him next I think, they only got one box of each figure in, 4 figures to a box said that should be the case for the other stores too, also didn't have a clue what the issue was with Rosalina, they have Lucario and Toon Link in stock too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,276 ✭✭✭readyletsgo

Yay! Got bowser, toon link, rosalina and sheik from Amazon today! bowser is super heavy compared to all other Amiibo.

Waiting on Ike and Lucario now.

Anyone having any luck in B&M shops?

• Registered Users Posts: 23 makehimanoffer

Yay! Got bowser, toon link, rosalina and sheik from Amazon today! bowser is super heavy compared to all other Amiibo.

Waiting on Ike and Lucario now.

Anyone having any luck in B&M shops?

Got Bowser, Toon Link, Lucario in Gamestop yesterday. Can confirm. Bowser is truly the best built Amiibo out there so far.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭elekid

I've still only seen 1 Sheik and 2 Ikes in Dublin city centre and that's it for the new ones

Was just on Smiths site...They have a "Buy One Get One Free" on all Amiibo's :P

Was just on Smiths site...They have a "Buy One Get One Free" on all Amiibo's :P

Just saw this too. Not that they have any of the ones Im after in stock lol

• Advertisement

Same here. There's a few from the first couple waves i never bought gonna grab (Mario, Peach & The Kongs) ... Hopefully they'll have few the new ones in by morrow. Only want the Bowser from new ones but he seems to be sellin' out as quick as the other rare ones :( . Gonna gve Fonthill a shot in morning and hope for best. Arrrrrrrrrland!

• Registered Users Posts: 611 ✭✭✭bkrangle

Their site seems to have BOGOF listed for games/consoles too..........must be a mistake

Must be a fault on the site New XL is listed as bogof too but when you add to the basket it still comes up as double price.

Everything seems to be bogof :/ of course it was too good to be true

Edit: The BOGOF is gone from all the items I checked, either it was meant for a small few items or it wasn't meant to go live yet.

Smyths Jervis have Bowser, Sheik and Lucario in stock right now, I got Bowser!

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭eoghanie

elekid wrote: »
    Smyths Jervis have Bowser, Sheik and Lucario in stock right now, I got Bowser!

Was in there around 10am and was told they were still in the delivery waiting to be put out, told to call back later. Don't suppose they had a few Rosies in amongst the Bowsers? Just received my Amazon.fr delivery of Sheik, Toon Link, Ike and Bowser. I really wish Toon Link and Bowser didn't have their heads bowed so much! But they really look great.

I asked about Rosalina, the guy said they never received theirs. She's still gone from the website too.

I've never seen Toon Link but Bowser looks great and I don't think his head is too bad. I think regular Link is worse for looking down.

Yeah I managed to get them all today, guy said no Rosalina but he dosn't believe that they have been cancelled for Ireland. Also said they delayed stock because they were stock taking yesterday unlike the guy last week who said he didnt know why they didnt arrive.

Argos are taking orders for Ike, Toon Link and Bowser. No sign of the other 3

• Registered Users Posts: 19,633 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

Lads, if you were only to buy one of these:

A) Is there any point

B) Why would you pick one over another.

I'm beside a toys r us that has Link & Toon Link and a few more.

I feel I should get one, but don't know which one?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 9,634 Mod ✭✭✭✭mayordenis

Ol' Donie wrote: »
    Lads, if you were only to buy one of these:

A) Is there any point

B) Why would you pick one over another.

I'm beside a toys r us that has Link & Toon Link and a few more.

I feel I should get one, but don't know which one?

Just get the one you like?

Toon Link is about the best looking in my opinion but that's completely subjective

• Registered Users Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

Don't buy one that you don't like playing as in Smash. If you can't play as that character your can't train your Amiibo character to kick ass (by playing eg Link v Link, Amiibo Link learns how Banjo Link plays and copies him. Or, if I always win, runs away from him the whole time). Training a character you hate is not much fun.

If you play Mariokart or Hyrule Warriors, certain Amiibos unlock certain things. The same is true for other games that have support coming on stream for them. Pick one that works with the games you have / are getting. The Kirby outfit in Mariokart is the best....

Otherwise, get one that will look awesome on your mantlepiece

Bought Ike and Marth as I've been a fan of Fire Emblem for years, same with Link and Shiek for Zelda reasons, I will be getting Bowser soon and Ness when he is released all to display, will use them too but mainly buying them to display.

The one I want though if it is ever released is Tom Nook as he is my all time favourite Nintendo Character, he is a robbing bastard just like me.

Bought Ike and Marth as I've been a fan of Fire Emblem for years, same with Link and Shiek for Zelda reasons, I will be getting Bowser soon and Ness when he is released all to display, will use them too but mainly buying them to display.

The one I want though if it is ever released is Tom Nook as he is my all time favourite Nintendo Character, he is a robbing bastard just like me.

I imagine they will bring out a Tom Nook in the same style they are the Super Mario series amiibo, 6-8 characters from the series, Villager Male and female, Tom Nook and one or two others maybe Isabelle? If a new Animal Crossing comes to Wii U I imagine thats when they would come out

• Registered Users Posts: 19,633 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

Cooool. Got the Link one. No 5.

Gah, now I want Toon Link. :-(

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

I imagine they will bring out a Tom Nook in the same style they are the Super Mario series amiibo, 6-8 characters from the series, Villager Male and female, Tom Nook and one or two others maybe Isabelle? If a new Animal Crossing comes to Wii U I imagine thats when they would come out

What about a Resetti, that if you touch him off the NFC point will save your game and turn the console off automatically once saved... :pac:

I'd like the two gate keepers too and the turnip lady Joan, can't forget KK Slider neither.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭Ace Attorney

Had to tear myself away from the samus amiibo today, trying to save money for the n3ds. It looked class tho.

It seems Rosalina is available to order into argos. GO GO GO!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭eoghanie

It seems Rosalina is available to order into argos. GO GO GO!!

Thanks!!

Advertisement