Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Amiibos....collector urge growing...

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,143 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭elekid

If anyone spots figures available in argos can the post the checkargos.com link best was to see stock levels.

Luigi. http://www.checkargos.com/StockCheckPage.php?productId=3464959

Good point. Be careful though because it doesn't always seem to be fully accurate. When Ike came out it said he couldn't be ordered in at Ilac or Jervis, but I was able to do it in-store

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭nemes1s

A few rosalinas popped up last night but disappeared nearly instantly there were 5+ in Argos in Blanchardstown

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭eoghanie

Got a phone call from Argos Ilac this morning to say my Rosalina had arrived! Just picked it up. Worth dropping in there if you've one reserved. Text alerts are not being sent it seems.

How do you reserve an item in Argos when there is none of that item instock?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 482 ✭✭souleater3000

You can't, you have to wait to see if it can be ordered in.

And if it can be ordered in do you have to go to the store to order it?or can it be ordered online?

You can do it online

Cheers for that I never knew.I managed to get a rosalina reserved in blancharstown last night but don't think I am going to be able to make it up to collect it

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭eoghanie

nemes1s wrote: »
    How do you reserve an item in Argos when there is none of that item instock?

I reserved it online about a week ago. When they know stock is on the way it shows up on the site as out of stock but available for reservation. But they disappear fairly quickly.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Wolverine359

Not true. I reserved mine in Childers Road and they never got her in.

Are you sure? I got an availability date of 4-6 February, and I picked it up yesterday the 5th. I didn't get a text alert to say they got it in, but the same happened with a different order during the week but they got it in when I checked in-store. You should try calling the store or ask in-store; I used the automated till to check yesterday and sure enough it was there waiting for me. If the period of it being held for you has expired however, chances are someone else spotted it available and bought it from the store.

Would anyone like a reserve code for rosalina for blancharstown has to be collected by closing this evening

Would anyone like a reserve code for rosalina for blancharstown has to be collected by closing this evening

Me please if still available.

Sure il pm it to you now

And you can call the particular Argos store to extend the reservation if you don't have time to collect it tonight, they can add a few days to the collection period no problem once you have your code.

That's handy but feck it I wasn't going to travel the whole way from Carlow to blanch for an amiibo.

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭SilentHunter

Are you sure? I got an availability date of 4-6 February, and I picked it up yesterday the 5th. I didn't get a text alert to say they got it in, but the same happened with a different order during the week but they got it in when I checked in-store. You should try calling the store or ask in-store; I used the automated till to check yesterday and sure enough it was there waiting for me. If the period of it being held for you has expired however, chances are someone else spotted it available and bought it from the store.

I am positive. I order it on the Saturday and they said it would be there for the Tuesday and would be held for me till Thursday. Went in on the Tuesday and they never got her in and told me to come back Thursday to see if they get her in. Came back the Thursday after they got their deliveries in for that day and still never got her in.

Didn't get to Argos on time, have been refreshing checkargos.com for the last hour and a half with no luck, my search goes on.

I am positive. I order it on the Saturday and they said it would be there for the Tuesday and would be held for me till Thursday. Went in on the Tuesday and they never got her in and told me to come back Thursday to see if they get her in. Came back the Thursday after they got their deliveries in for that day and still never got her in.

That's a shame, I checked the first day it was supposed to be in but it hadn't arrived, but on the second day of the 3-day period of reservation, it was waiting for me. Which store did you reserve it in btw? I got mine in Galway, apart from the text alerts not working this week, I've been pretty satisfied with their level of service, with them fulfilling my order and never had no issues with reservations in the past (sounds like I work for them, I don't :pac:, and neither do any family members :pac:). It does seem odd that inconsistencies like this happen, with not all stores fulfilling the reservation promise.
    Didn't get to Argos on time, have been refreshing checkargos.com for the last hour and a half with no luck, my search goes on.

Aww! I left a message a few posts above to say that the store can be called over the phone and they'd be able to extend the hold-period, you mustn't have seen it. :(

I've noticed stock seems to be constantly changing for some of the stores here http://checkargos.com/StockCheckPage.php?productId=346%2F4959+ and some you can order in and then its gone later. Still no luck with any of the 3 city center stores tho

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 641 ✭✭✭johnf26

Anyone with Pit , Little Mac or captain Falcon spare looking to swap for a Rosalina?

johnf26 wrote: »
    Anyone with Pit , Little Mac or captain Falcon spare looking to swap for a Rosalina?

Any chance you would sell me your rosalina for a fair price?and I will keep my eyes peeled for one of those amiibos your looking for?

johnf26 wrote: »

I may be able to get one of those tomorrow leave it with me and il get back to you

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭SilentHunter

That's a shame, I checked the first day it was supposed to be in but it hadn't arrived, but on the second day of the 3-day period of reservation, it was waiting for me. Which store did you reserve it in btw? I got mine in Galway, apart from the text alerts not working this week, I've been pretty satisfied with their level of service, with them fulfilling my order and never had no issues with reservations in the past (sounds like I work for them, I don't :pac:, and neither do any family members :pac:). It does seem odd that inconsistencies like this happen, with not all stores fulfilling the reservation promise.

Aww! I left a message a few posts above to say that the store can be called over the phone and they'd be able to extend the hold-period, you mustn't have seen it. :(

Ya I missed that post. I reserved it in Childers Road in Limerick but this is the first time something like this happened but any other time I made a reserved or ordered it to be delivered to that Argos they have always got it in. I am still happy with their services but I just hope it won't happen next time they are up for ordering.

Any chance you would sell me your rosalina for a fair price?and I will keep my eyes peeled for one of those amiibos your looking for?

Sorry mate using it as a swap to try complete my collection to date.

I may be able to get one of those tomorrow leave it with me and il get back to you

Nice one keep my informed :)

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

No selling or trying to buy allowed on the forums.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

Had my Meta Knight pre-order cancelled today by Game.co.uk despite ordering weeks and weeks ago, a day after it became available for pre-order. Have had nothing but trouble with most things I've ordered from Game. Grrr.

Corholio wrote: »
    Had my Meta Knight pre-order cancelled today by Game.co.uk despite ordering weeks and weeks ago, a day after it became available for pre-order. Have had nothing but trouble with most things I've order from Game. Grrr.

try gamestop in store? i pre-ordered both next waves fully paid to ill be pretty pissed if they cancel any of mine

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭elekid

Corholio wrote: »
    Had my Meta Knight pre-order cancelled today by Game.co.uk despite ordering weeks and weeks ago, a day after it became available for pre-order. Have had nothing but trouble with most things I've order from Game. Grrr.

I have Wario preordered with them, I hope they don't cancel it. Did they give a reason why?

Advertisement