Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Amiibos....collector urge growing...

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

elekid wrote: »
    I have Wario preordered with them, I hope they don't cancel it. Did they give a reason why?

They just said due to them unable to secure enough stock for all orders.

**** sake, just got an email to say Game have cancelled my Shulk pre-order now. Never ordering from Game again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭elekid

Sorry to hear that, very annoying.

These things are selling out before they even go on sale!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,555 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

Ah, hope I'm not going to be hearing the same thing.

The plot thickens....

Was onto Game on their live chat and they said that there was a bulk cancellation email sent out to some people who had pre-ordered but that mine specifically wasn't showing up on their system as cancelled. They just said to check a few days before the release date to make sure.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭nemes1s

johnf26 wrote: »
    Nice one keep my informed :)

Hi buddy I got you a captain falcon there do you want to pm me for swap details thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 641 ✭✭✭johnf26

nemes1s wrote: »
    Hi buddy I got you a captain falcon there do you want to pm me for swap details thanks

pm'd you there now

So now I only need a little mac for my collection if anyone has one for swap pm me please. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 482 ✭✭souleater3000

Any sign of a Luigi anywhere in Dublin City Center yet? Besides argos I mean, I know they don't have one.

Any sign of a Luigi anywhere in Dublin City Center yet? Besides argos I mean, I know they don't have one.

Not since that last lot popped up in Argos. I'll keep an eye out for you.

• Advertisement

elekid wrote: »
    Not since that last lot popped up in Argos. I'll keep an eye out for you.

Thanks but I decided to order from amazon. Finish off the first 2 waves before the 4th wave begins and we all go nuts looking for a Shulk haha. Appreciate the offer tho :)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

Regular Smash Luigi? Smyth's carrickmines had a few. Stretching the meaning of Center a bit though. Like bowsers mam at full dilation

• Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Wolverine359

Luigi is coming up in Argos as "can be ordered for collection" (so it'd be available to buy within a few days) if you still need it.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭Machismo Fan

Caved and finally bought my first Amiibo today, picked up a Toon Link. He's one of five I'd like to pick up. The others being Yoshi, Kirby, Luigi and Shulk. And Captain Toad of course but stupid Nintendo haven't made a Captain Toad Amiibo yet!

Caved and finally bought my first Amiibo today, picked up a Toon Link. He's one of five I'd like to pick up. The others being Yoshi, Kirby, Luigi and Shulk. And Captain Toad of course but stupid Nintendo haven't made a Captain Toad Amiibo yet!

Shulk???were did you pick that up?didnt think he was out till the 20th

Toad is also due out on the 20th

johnf26 wrote: »
    Shulk???were did you pick that up?didnt think he was out till the 20th

Those four are on my to get list. I haven't actually gotten them yet.

And Toad is just a poor substitute for Captain Toad. Without a headlamp it's worthless. :)

If people buy the toad amiibo and then a captain Toad and Toadette amiibo come out, heads are gonna role

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭Keyinn7

I got Lucario today in Smyths. They have 2 left in stock they also have Shiek and a few other decent ones !

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭Keyinn7

It would help if I included which Smyths ! Font Hill have a good few in stock.

• Advertisement

Ah bloody Game cancelled my pre-order on all the next wave due this month, over some unspecified card issues!
    Won't let me re-order as they are not in stock. Must be in stock if they had a problem charging my card while processing the stock I ordered.
    Did a webchat, on for ages and someone was to call me and sort it out, got no call. Then I rang them but kept getting cut-off.

Apparently, it was the wrong email they sent, the items are actually not available.
    Ordered them two months ago on the day the items went live and nothing, nada, bupkis, el zlincho.

Some joke.
    Might as well sell off the rest of them now, can't be having only some of them like :pac:

OwaynOTT wrote: »
    Ah bloody Game cancelled my pre-order on all the next wave due this month, over some unspecified card issues!
    Won't let me re-order as they are not in stock. Must be in stock if they had a problem charging my card while processing the stock I ordered.
    Did a webchat, on for ages and someone was to call me and sort it out, got no call. Then I rang them but kept getting cut-off.

Got it confirmed today too that they cancelled my Meta Knight and Shulk that I posted about few days ago, despite pre ordering it on the first day as well. They were on the website for around 3-4 days after that too. Had nothing but problems with Game the last year or so with stuff. Out of 6 things I've ordered there, I actually only received 1.

God knows what they will do with the next wave so.

Corholio wrote: »
    Got it confirmed today too that they cancelled my Meta Knight and Shulk that I posted about few days ago, despite pre ordering it on the first day as well. They were on the website for around 3-4 days after that too. Had nothing but problems with Game the last year or so with stuff. Out of 6 things I've ordered there, I actually only received 1.

I'd imagine the next Smash Bros. wave will face similar issues. Probably too late to pre-order them all elsewhere now as well.

They have an Ike Amiibo in Gamestop in Cork city if anybody is looking for one.

Just wondering did anyone here get a hold of Little Mac or were there ever any in Ireland at all? I was a little late to the Amiibo game so never even saw one. Does anyone know anywhere online where you could get him relatively cheap now?

Same with Rosalina, I actually managed to get one, but did many people here miss out?

And what do people think about the Amiibo cards Nintendo have been talking about?

I think they will be great for unlocking content at a cheaper price but I hope Nintendo won't use them as justification not to reprint rare Amiibos.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Wolverine359

Little Mac was the only one I got in GameStop (for €16.99), I think it was available in Argos for a short time too. Rosalina, managed to get her ordered to my local Argos. I do hope that doesn't happen with the card availability, it'd be really annoying if they do see it as an excuse to produce limited numbers of figurines, especially when there is demand for the figures themselves.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Personally, I was thinking that it could be cool to get some cards, extract the RFID, get some figures 3D printed, and put the RFID chips into them. Make-your-own-Amiibo.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,394 ✭✭✭Pac1Man

How much is the combined worth of the entire collection now roughly?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,276 ✭✭✭readyletsgo

Corholio wrote: »

Is this happening to everyone with the next wave with game.co.uk in Ireland? Why?

I have Wario, Pac Man and Ness preordered with them since the day they went up in January. Should I expect a cancelled order from them at the end of March just because I'm in Ireland?

Advertisement