Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Amiibos....collector urge growing...

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

Is this happening to everyone with the next wave with game.co.uk in Ireland? Why?

I have Wario, Pac Man and Ness preordered with them since the day they went up in January. Should I expect a cancelled order from them at the end of March just because I'm in Ireland?

They used the generic 'got less stock than we were hoping for' excuse. Don't know if it's an Ireland thing but hoping not with the next wave still to come.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,276 ✭✭✭readyletsgo

Ugh, I just know they will cancel these 3 on me next month. I should have just stuck with Amazon but they were taking forever to get the preorders up for Wario Pac man and Ness. Then when they did, they were all gone by the time I saw them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭elekid

Seems like I missed out on Little Mac then, oh well. He's not on the Gamestop website so I assumed they never got him in.

I like the idea of making your own Amiibos, I have other figures of some of the ones I want that I could use alongside the card or chip.

No word on my game.co.uk preorder of Wario being cancelled yet but I presume it will be, based on this thread. I preordered mine on the 23rd of January. When did he become available for order?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,556 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

Ugh, I just know they will cancel these 3 on me next month. I should have just stuck with Amazon but they were taking forever to get the preorders up for Wario Pac man and Ness. Then when they did, they were all gone by the time I saw them.

I wouldn't be relying on them but then those ones are sold out elsewhere, so we are all in a bit of a bind.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Wolverine359

elekid wrote: »
    Seems like I missed out on Little Mac then, oh well. He's not on the Gamestop website so I assumed they never got him in.

I got Little Mac at GameStop a week after that wave was released. Ugh dreading trying to get the next ones though. Might stop collecting, there's too many coming out and too quickly. But they look so awesome :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 482 ✭✭souleater3000

I'm not sure if I can post the Link to the site here but if you go onto adverts and search amiibo there is a guy selling Rosalina for €60 each and he had 6 of them to begin with and claims to have 3 left. So if you wanted to know where Ireland's Rosalina went, there is your answer I guess

I got Little Mac at GameStop a week after that wave was released. Ugh dreading trying to get the next ones though. Might stop collecting, there's too many coming out and too quickly. But they look so awesome :pac:

Thankfully I'm only getting the ones I really like so I don't feel compelled to track them all down. I'm skipping most from the next few waves. I can see why it would put serious collectors off though, that adverts thing is a good example of the problems with it.

I wish I knew where to find these cheap Japanese Little Macs people have mentioned :D

People use to get them off Nippon Yassan but the prices have gone way up, amiibo are all diff prices now, they use to all be about €9 before xmas and the cheapest P+P has gone from €3 up to €8 since xmas aswell

• Registered Users Posts: 641 ✭✭✭johnf26

New amiibos tomorrow just hope they arrive in gamestop. Rang today and said they should be getting them in(pre orders only) .

johnf26 wrote: »
    New amiibos tomorrow just hope they arrive in gamestop. Rang today and said they should be getting them in(pre orders only) .

Gamestop Liffey St told me they won't know if they're getting them until they open their shipment on Friday morning

• Advertisement

will just have to ring in the morning before heading over ta see.

Got an email earlier from Game apologising for the cancellation of my Amiibo order and saying it was once off ocurrence and that it won't happen again. They also sent 50% off codes that may be used towards a future Amiibo order. So if yours was cancelled too, might be worth getting onto them and stating your disappointment to them.

• Registered Users Posts: 728 ✭✭✭80s Synth Pop

elekid wrote: »
    Just wondering did anyone here get a hold of Little Mac or were there ever any in Ireland at all? I was a little late to the Amiibo game so never even saw one. Does anyone know anywhere online where you could get him relatively cheap now?

Same with Rosalina, I actually managed to get one, but did many people here miss out?

And what do people think about the Amiibo cards Nintendo have been talking about?

I think they will be great for unlocking content at a cheaper price but I hope Nintendo won't use them as justification not to reprint rare Amiibos.

I used a bookmark on checkargos.com almost every day and never saw little mac or rosalia come up at their launch or any time after that. I guess it's possible I missed the only day they were available but I never saw them. Have all the others released so far.

I'm actually reduced to running an automated amazon snipe script to get them if they ever show up again. It got a king dedede order through yesterday on amazon.de.

Wave 4 though looks like all figures are going to be like little mac and rosalina to get. Plus there is the gold mario in USA that will be impossible.

I used a bookmark on checkargos.com almost every day and never saw little mac or rosalia come up at their launch or any time after that. I guess it's possible I missed the only day they were available but I never saw them. Have all the others released so far.

I'm actually reduced to running an automated amazon snipe script to get them if they ever show up again. It got a king dedede order through yesterday on amazon.de.

Wave 4 though looks like all figures are going to be like little mac and rosalina to get. Plus there is the gold mario in USA that will be impossible.

you definitely must have missed a day checking for rosa as i managed to get it myself from there 2weeks ago so did a couple of others.

• Registered Users Posts: 728 ✭✭✭80s Synth Pop

that's a real shame. At least there's hope.
    I'll keep checking...................
    little mac
    rosalina

that's a real shame. At least there's hope.
    I'll keep checking...................
    little mac
    rosalina

I have Checkargos bookmarks too, Little Mac is never gonna change! I just randomly saw Rosalina pop up in Ilac, I was lucky. Which is your local Argos?

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭Keyinn7

Picked up Sonic & Ike today !

• Registered Users Posts: 18,143 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Smyths in Blanch have four Megaman for tomorrow, he looks awesome.

Keyinn7 wrote: »
    Picked up Sonic & Ike today !

Where did you pick up Sonic?

GameStop Blanchardstown.
    The only one they had though.
    They had 3 Meta Knights 3 King Dededes. 1 Sonic and 1 Ike.

I just bought sonic and went back in 10 mins later for Ike.

When I went back 2 Metas & 2 Dededes were gone.

They had one Shulk but it was a pre order.

• Advertisement

sweet nice to see some places got them ill check my local in the morning to see have they any

I don't really want many if I'm honest.
    I only want Pikachu, Lucario, Sonic, Pit, Megaman, Charizard, Shulk, Link & Toon Link !

I have the first 3 and I also have Ike which I'll be looking to trade for some ones I need/ can't find!

If anyone can pick up a spare Meta Knight would very much appreciate it, since Game ****ed me over :(

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

I saw lots of the new wave in Gamestop in Henry Street today (Dubin). Ike, Shulk, DeeDee and a few more.

just picked up Meta knight, Shulk, Mega man, sonic, and Dedede collection is just complete only needing Little mac to be up to date :)

Where did you pick up Shulk ? I'm after being let down with my one now. Did you have it pre ordered ?

Keyinn7 wrote: »
    Where did you pick up Shulk ? I'm after being let down with my one now. Did you have it pre ordered ?

Yea man i had it pre ordered was in gamestop kilkenny was told they have no spares only what was pre ordered might be worth to check others in case people dont pick up there pre orderes.

I rang every smyths and GS in Dublin and no where had it.
    I rang smyths in Blanchardstown and a woman said they had it 1000% I spelt it out to her and everything. So I drove out there because she wouldn't hold it for me. When I got there it was a sheik. I was so angry.

Got a Sonic in Smyths Jervis st about 10.30, they had already run out of Mega Man, they got 4 of each of them and none of the other 3, Got a Dedede in Grafton but all others were pre-orders. No sign of any yet at argos, the situation seems to be getting worse or we have to all just get them in Gamestop more expensive and order them there.
    Dedede also feels heavier than Bowser to me

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 712 ✭✭✭LeeroyJ.

I was in Argos, all 3 Gamestop and Smyths in Dublin. Some fella just walked out the shop with the last Shulk :((((

Dedede Sonic and Megaman, I saw plenty in all the shops.

I called all Gamestops in and around Dublin, no Shulks available.

Advertisement