Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Amiibos....collector urge growing...

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 482 ✭✭souleater3000

Did argos have them? not up on their site or in store when I checked

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭elekid

LeeroyJ. wrote: »
    I was in Argos, all 3 Gamestop and Smyths in Dublin. Some fella just walked out the shop with the last Shulk :(((

Oh no, where did that happen? I got Dedede and Meta Knight in GS Henry St but all their Shulks were already pre-ordered.

Argos always seem late to get them, might be worth watching over the weekend and Monday

• Registered Users Posts: 7 iagoliz

Hey guys ! I just signed up to write in this post. Today I could get dedede and meta (gamestop henry)but I didn't see any sonic or megaman ! Where did you see plenty of them? I went at 10-15 am this morning. In Smyths there is nothing about the new wave, and in Argos is the same, nothin on the website or in the computers inside the stores. I will go later to gamestop inside st stephen sc but I don't believe they still have any sonic or megaman. Anyway If one of you want to exchange sonic and megaman (also Estela or Litle Mac) for my dedede and meta we can make it !

Any one who pre-ordered in Gamestop, how much is it to pre order?

• Registered Users Posts: 712 ✭✭✭LeeroyJ.

All Gamestops and Smyths had plenty this morning at 9:30 (except Shulk). Argos had nothing, sorry about the confusion.

The Shulk was liffey street, just as I walked in someone just received the last one :( . The cashier was really sorry for me haha.

I assume Sonic etc are probably already mostly gone by now.

• Advertisement

Damn smyths had more than just Sonic and Megaman? They were taken down off their site along with Rosalina.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 iagoliz

Any one who pre-ordered in Gamestop, how much is it to pre order?

It's 5 euro per amiibo and you have to pay at the moment. I pre-ordered pac-man for the next wave in GS henry st.

iagoliz wrote: »
    It's 5 euro per amiibo and you have to pay at the moment. I pre-ordered pac-man for the next wave in GS henry st.

Thanks. So it will over all cost more to get them. But it means ill actually get them. Might do it for the next wavd then.

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭nemes1s

Did smyths get any shulks in or was it only GameStop to get shulk?and I think I will be pre ordering the next batch to save all this looking around hassle!and guys if someone could pick me up a shulk I'd be very thankful

only Gamestop had Shulk, unfortunately very few and it seems they started selling the few they had yesterday.

• Advertisement

nemes1s wrote: »
    Did smyths get any shulks in or was it only GameStop to get shulk?and I think I will be pre ordering the next batch to save all this looking around hassle!and guys if someone could pick me up a shulk I'd be very thankful

Guy told me he only got 4 Sonic and 4 Mega Man in Jervis so I think only GS got Shulk for pre-orders. It seems Pre-ordering is the best way to go about it, fed up looking in the shops and refreshing argos for them, wouldn't have this problem if Nintendo would sort it out and have more made. I don't want the card versions :/

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭Keyinn7

I took a picture in smyths earlier to show you all but I can't post it here !

Smyths in Blanchardstown has 5 megamans 5 sonics 5 ikes 3 sheiks and a few others too !

Sheikh or shulk?

LeeroyJ. wrote: »
    Sheikh or shulk?

Too soon! :)

I'm happy to help fellow boardsies out if I happen to come across any rare ones in future. I assume Shulk, Rosalina, Little Mac, Marth, Villager, WFT are the most wanted?

Little Mac is the main one I'd like but I've given up on that. The stock issues can be very frustrating. I hope Nintendo use their sell-through table to decide who gets reprinted for each region.

If anybody sees a Megaman, Shulk or Meta Knight in the CC please let me know.
    Havnt seen any of the others anywhere since I managed to nab them tho

If anybody sees a Megaman, Shulk or Meta Knight in the CC please let me know.
    Havnt seen any of the others anywhere since I managed to nab them tho

Gamestop website says they are all in stock in the city centre. It's either not updated yet or it doesn't account for reserved ones.

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭nemes1s

They account for reserved as far as I know

nemes1s wrote: »
    They account for reserved as far as I know

I mean when people phone and ask for them to be held. Henry St had a Captain Falcon for ages, showing up in stock on the site and I could see it behind the counter, but they wouldnt sell it to me because someone had rang and asked them to keep it aside for them :/

Is there a way to check certain stores stock? None of them had any earlier when I was in them, except held ones
    Never mind was being an idiot

Is there a way to check certain stores stock? None of them had any earlier when I was in them, except held ones

Yeah, go to the page for the Amiibo you want on Gamestop.ie,scroll down to the bottom, and click Open Map

It shows every Gamestop in the country, colour coded by stock level for that particular item !

• Advertisement

Rang all 3. Dont have them but I said the site showed them and he mentioned Preorders.

I just managed to snag the last Shulk in Gamestop Dublin :))))) happy Leeroy is happy.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

If anybody has a spare Shulk, I have a Meta Knight I would swap it for.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,556 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

DAMN YOU GAME!!!!!!!
    I got a Meta Knight. What's thevstory with Argos? And Smyths don't have some of them listed either.
    Oh my OH got a sheik when she asked for shulk today. Nice

• Registered Users Posts: 10,556 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

Corholio wrote: »

Do you have the next smash bros wve pre-ordered on Game? I do but I fear for them now.

Corholio wrote: »

I don't have Shulk but I'd be willing to take Meta Knight off your hands if you're in Dublin?

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭eoghanie

Have a spare MetaKnight (JPN version). Need a Shulk.......

I see this is a common problem!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,134 ✭✭✭gubbie

How much do Amiibos cost in Ireland?

• Registered Users Posts: 728 ✭✭✭80s Synth Pop

Smyths in Fonthill and Tallaght both sold out
    Gamestop in Square only have stock for the preorders.

• Advertisement

gubbie wrote: »
    How much do Amiibos cost in Ireland?

14 Up to 17 in shops. More from the greedy people online.

Advertisement