Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Amiibos....collector urge growing...

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,127 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Smyths have pulled Shulk from their site just like Rosalina last month, awful pre ordering system and shameful service. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 10,555 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

Smyths have pulled Shulk from their site just like Rosalina last month, awful pre ordering system and shameful service. :(

Ah stop your Shulking. :pac:

I don't need to get my coat, I have it on and Im all ready leaving.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

It's not really though. They didn't have a pre order system. They're stock system was quite good their delivery was rapid fast for me, next day for Captain Falcon.

OwaynOTT wrote: »
    Do you have the next smash bros wve pre-ordered on Game? I do but I fear for them now.

Ya I have a few preordered too. They said to me that something like that wouldnt happen again, but pinch of salt and all that. Still disgusted about Shulk because it was the first one I pre ordered.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,555 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

Corholio wrote: »
    Ya I have a few preordered too. They said to me that something like that wouldnt happen again, but pinch of salt and all that. Still disgusted about Shulk because it was the first one I pre ordered.

I got no such assurances or that offer of 50% discount. How were you talking to them, by email or webchat?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 712 ✭✭✭LeeroyJ.

It was all planned...

https:// www .youtube. com/watch?v=GNzbxVPeHwg

OwaynOTT wrote: »
    I got no such assurances or that offer of 50% discount. How were you talking to them, by email or webchat?

By webchat, twice. Second time was mainly to vent frustration really, sayig id never order from them again etc.

I guess one possible hope for those looking for Shulk, like me, is that they might bring out more when Xenoblade is released on both systems. I think Iwata said something about this in the last direct.

• Registered Users Posts: 727 ✭✭✭80s Synth Pop

The new wave is up on argos now but only sonic "can be ordered". All others out of stock

• Registered Users Posts: 482 ✭✭souleater3000

The whole you can order but then when you actual do it the items are out of stock is happening again like it did with Luigi :/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7 iagoliz

all of them out of stock :( I really want one megaman or sonic,

• Registered Users Posts: 641 ✭✭✭johnf26

Megaman can be ordered in at most places at the moment

• Registered Users Posts: 641 ✭✭✭johnf26

guess not says they can but when you try there out of stock id say they will be sorted soon looks like there fixing up the site for them

• Registered Users Posts: 211 ✭✭House of Wolves

Annoying that Argos appear to have none in stock.

If anyone sees them available, please post! (Before ordering all of the Metaknights!)

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭SilentHunter

I was able to get Sonic and Megaman from smyths yeterday and got Meta Knight from Gamestop today (last one and the only one of the new wave left).

That still leaves King Deedee, Shulk, Rosalina and Little Mac.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Two sonics in Smyths in Waterford, I don't want one myself, but happy to grab one for you guys.

Grabbed them both!
    If anyone has a Toon Link I'd swap one for that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,660 ✭✭✭COYVB

Got sonic and toon link yesterday. not bothering with characters that aren't favourites of mine. Have about 15 now

• Registered Users Posts: 7 SpookyPeanut

Got King Dedede, Megaman and Sonic in Blanch yesterday. Gamestop had few Dedede's and Smyths had 3 or 4 of Sonic & Megaman at the time...Smyths said they waiting on the rest to possibly come in (Dedede, MEta Kight & Shulk) . They were prob tryin to get rid of me though...I'm sure their sick of people askin about Amiibo's :D Didn't see Shulk lad anywhere or the Meta Knight lad round Town.

Looks like it gonna be a refresh race at argos.ie to grab the rest :P Gogogo

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭Keyinn7

When are the ones on argos gonna become available?

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭eoghanie

Keyinn7 wrote: »
    When are the ones on argos gonna become available?

No one knows!

• Advertisement

I'm sick of the urge to want them haha

• Registered Users Posts: 7 SpookyPeanut

Argos said prob be Wednesday but not sure which ones they'll have. I'd check morrow though...ya never know with argos...they get stuff at random times or diff times to what their site says.

Also...On Saturday the Smyths site said they were out of stock of Megaman and Sonic in Blanch...Went up anyway and there were 2 Megaman and 4 Sonics :S . Same with Gamestop site...All were out of stock yet they had 2 or 3 King Dedede's on shelf... Wouldn't rely too much on websites...All were wrong on sat anyway. Which only gonna make it more frustrating to try get each character.

Just to let you know they still have Mega Man, Sonic, Ike and a few others on the nintendo.co.uk site...

I am not allowed to post the link haha.

And also this is a handy enough site to use too !

Or this link!

www. nowinstock. net /uk /videogaming /games /amiibos/

2 Shulk on adverts, €65 of course :/

Scumbags ! So annoying !

whats more annoying is ''I know what these cost in store but I spent a lot of time looking for these.'' excuse he is using, he imported them, from the US id say the name is on the wrong side, should be on the right side of the box, why order more than 1 for yourself unless its your plan to try and rip people off like this?

• Registered Users Posts: 712 ✭✭✭LeeroyJ.

They are mine. My brother sent me them from Germany (where amiibo are much, much better stocked). I also sold 2 for 15 euro to collectors be fair.

And if you check amazon.de, you'll see similar prices. I dont see your problem if people import them for re-sale. Anyone is free to import.

Just an FYI, I'm not 'stealing' from the Irish retailers ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

why order more than 1 for yourself unless its your plan to try and rip people off like this?

I grabbed two Sonics on Saturday because I thought people were having trouble getting them, and wanted to grab them for those that would want them here, or to swap. Looks now like nobody wants them. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 7 iagoliz

Star Lord wrote: »
    I grabbed two Sonics on Saturday because I thought people were having trouble getting them, and wanted to grab them for those that would want them here, or to swap. Looks now like nobody wants them. :(

I am interested in Sonic ! :D I can swap it for mi king dedede if you want, but I live in Dublin city centre and I really can't go away from town, if you are planning coming here soon we can make the exchange ! :D or if not I can buy it as well for 15 euro

edit: Guys finally in argos they don't have any one of them. till yesterday you could order megaman but at the end they say no stock but now you can't order no one so maybe soon they will have stock again ,hope so. Shulk is freaking impossible

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭elekid

Star Lord wrote: »

I think it was good of you to get them, to give other boardsies first choice.

Who or what would you swap for, is it just Toon Link you want?

Advertisement