Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Amiibos....collector urge growing...

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 482 ✭✭souleater3000

Im fine with people importing, just not for example, going into smyths buying all the Rosalina or something then selling them for €60, that I hate. Also picking them up to swap with other people on boards is a nice thing to do same with when people were swapping pre-order codes for amiibo in argos.

I emailed them about the new ones but no reply yet, asked in store and they explained some pink bar and red bar thing and they were red so they wern't getting them in, but then again I was told the last wave wouldn't be in till about febuary 20th back in January and the arrived the next week :/

• Registered Users Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

LeeroyJ. wrote: »
    They are mine. My brother sent me them from Germany (where amiibo are much, much better stocked). I also sold 2 for 15 euro to collectors be fair.

And if you check amazon.de, you'll see similar prices. I dont see your problem if people import them for re-sale. Anyone is free to import.

Just an FYI, I'm not 'stealing' from the Irish retailers ;)

It's nothing to do with stealing from retailers it's selling them for extortionate prices. Similar prices on Amazon are just sellers doing the same thing, the reality is it's still a huge mark up. They are more or less the same cost price whether its Germany or Ireland. Each to their own of course, but criticism is certainly fair IMO. I don't even mind people making a small profit on them, but €50 well.....you should know what's coming.

• Registered Users Posts: 712 ✭✭✭LeeroyJ.

Corholio wrote: »
    It's nothing to do with stealing from retailers it's selling them for extortionate prices. Similar prices on Amazon are just sellers doing the same thing, the reality is it's still a huge mark up. They are more or less the same cost price whether its Germany or Ireland. Each to their own of course, but criticism is certainly fair IMO. I don't even mind people making a small profit on them, but €50 well.....you should know what's coming.

Yep I completely Understand, and I dont like people walking into a shop and buying them all for resale either (I had a hard time finding my wave in Dublin).
    On the other hand Germany was well stocked, My brother decided to send a few of each, I sold some on reddit for retail price and decided to make a profit of a few.

And just a tip, If you know someone in Germany, ask them to look in saturn, my brother send me pictures and they have pretty much all of them very well stocked except shulk atm (germany has been a well known Amiibo secret for a while now)

cheers ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 18,127 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Star Lord wrote: »
    Two sonics in Smyths in Waterford, I don't want one myself, but happy to grab one for you guys.

Grabbed them both!
    If anyone has a Toon Link I'd swap one for that.

Would swap if you are in Dublin anytime soon, I picked up a Lucario in CeX in Dublin yesterday that had been taken in as a Pokemon Rumble figure, cost €10 and seems to have been used, anyone else shilling these figures please don't post here about it, you wouldn't like me when I get angry, dun dun dun dun dun. :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Wolverine359

LeeroyJ. wrote: »
    They are mine. My brother sent me them from Germany (where amiibo are much, much better stocked). I also sold 2 for 15 euro to collectors be fair.

And if you check amazon.de, you'll see similar prices. I dont see your problem if people import them for re-sale. Anyone is free to import.

Just an FYI, I'm not 'stealing' from the Irish retailers ;)

We're all collectors here. Wanna help us out and offer a couple of us boardsies the same deal?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 641 ✭✭✭johnf26

Keyinn7 wrote: »
    Scumbags ! So annoying !

I think its harsh calling them scumbags, prices for anything vary s from shop to shop example some stores were selling wii fit+board for 20e band new others 90e and on selling sites for 50e and no one complains.
    Is it there only scumbags because they were quick enough to snap up a product that your after before you?fair balls if they get there asking price it shouldn't bother you its there product there entitled to sell for what they want.

johnf26 wrote: »
    I think its harsh calling them scumbags, prices for anything vary s from shop to shop example some stores were selling wii fit+board for 20e band new others 90e and on selling sites for 50e and no one complains.
    Is it there only scumbags because they were quick enough to snap up a product that your after before you?fair balls if they get there asking price it shouldn't bother you its there product there entitled to sell for what they want.

While the term 'scumbags' is harsh, the sentiment is similarly correct. Comparing sale items to selling something for 400% profit is not the same thing at all, those shops didnt snap them up to sell for profit. Of course anyone is entitled to sell anything for whatever they want, the same way people are freely allowed to criticise.

• Registered Users Posts: 641 ✭✭✭johnf26

While the term 'scumbags' is harsh, the sentiment is similarly correct. Comparing sale items to selling something for 400% profit is not the same thing at all, those shops didnt snap them up to sell for profit. Of course anyone is entitled to sell anything for whatever they want, the same way people are freely allowed to criticise.

Well is fairness Cor all shops sell for a profit now come off it.

Also the fact that everyone knows how rare these things are now makes people plan ahead to sell for a profit, It honestly makes me want the 1 amiibo of each character per customer, going into a shop and taking all you can get to sell at a much higher price is something I just dont agree with, if it was 1 or 2 euro more yeah thats fine, but €60 for something that cost €14-€17 depending which shop you get them in.

johnf26 wrote: »
    Well is fairness Cor all shops sell for a profit now come off it.

But do you see how it's not the same thing......at all? It's not even close. The item you mentioned was in a sale anyway. Can people buy things from a shop for the price the shops get it for?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭Keyinn7

It is annoying though. Getting cancelled pre orders and then trying to scamper all over the city trying to get them with no success is annoying. And the scumbag term was not maliciously meant in anyway it's a term we all use for anything. "Someone scores a 90th minute goal on Fifa against you.... Scumbag" and the likes.
    I don't even want all of them only the few that I like !
    Hopefully there will be more stock in places soon. And hopefully Shulk will come back out with the new Xenoblade for 3DS !

We should all protest in the city about amiibo instead of the water charges, chanting 'Stop the madness, stock the shelves.' or 'What do we want? AMIIBO! When do want them? BACK WHEN THEY WERE MEANT TO COME OUT!'

• Registered Users Posts: 10,555 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

We should all protest in the city about amiibo instead of the water charges, chanting 'Stop the madness, stock the shelves.' or 'What do we want? AMIIBO! When do want them? BACK WHEN THEY WERE MEANT TO COME OUT!'

'Honour our pre-orders ye bastids!'

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,590 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

I'd love Dedede and Metaknight if only to have a complete set of Kirby Amiibos.

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    I'd love Dedede and Metaknight if only to have a complete set of Kirby Amiibos.

I'll swap a Meta Knight for the Retron 5 :pac::pac:

If you come across a Shulk I'd gladly swap.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,590 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

I'll swap a Meta Knight for the Retron 5 :pac::pac:

If you come across a Shulk I'd gladly swap.

Loving the Retron5.
    Sadly my Arcade&Retro peers don't seem to share my enthusiasm :(

• Registered Users Posts: 712 ✭✭✭LeeroyJ.

Lucario, Ike and Toon Link are in stock on littlewoods FYI

Wow they got more in than just Mario, peach, Link and Donkey Kong, so another 4 months and they might have Shulk lol

Was just checking the Smyths site and a bunch more amiibo have been taken down from the site, only 2 pages of them now.

I'm going to swing by Smyth's after work to be properly disappointed at the lack of stock.
    But I have to say, seeing as I'm not a great Smash player the attraction beyond the collecting of nifty figurines is lost on me.
    Hopefully they'll have more functions to be revealed later.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭elekid

I'm going to swing by Smyth's after work to be properly disappointed at the lack of stock.
    But I have to say, seeing as I'm not a great Smash player the attraction beyond the collecting of nifty figurines is lost on me.

The nifty figurines are the appeal, how often do Nintendo produce detailed figures of the likes of of Meta Knight or King Dedede?

If anyone in Longford wants Sonic, Argos have a single 1 in stock right now :)

Just to let you all know.

Somebody has Marth up on Adverts.

For.

€19.

If I wasn't going away tomorrow I'd have paid him already !

So good luck to whoever buys it !

• Registered Users Posts: 2,134 ✭✭✭gubbie

I'm conflicted. My local Argos has Kirby. I love Kirby but I don't have Super Smash. Should I get it?!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭elekid

gubbie wrote: »
    I'm conflicted. My local Argos has Kirby. I love Kirby but I don't have Super Smash. Should I get it?!

Get him! The Kirby Amiibo is adorable and can be used with Mario Kart 8 and the upcoming Wii U Kirby game. There tends to be a new Kirby game every year or so meaning he is likely to see decent in-game use in future. Same goes for any series leads. Plus did I mention he's adorable?

• Registered Users Posts: 7 SpookyPeanut

I think every Amiibo works with Hyrule Warriors. Been using Pit, Bowser & Luigi and they all get new stuff every time ya scan em. All will have some use in Mario Party 10 when it out too i think.

Someone said bout Xenoblade X too...The developers of that apparently want their own set of Xenoblade Amiibo characters to compliment it. Could be rabble but who knows.

By end of the year there'll prob be 100 diff characters and variants :D ...With only Mario & Link in stock of course :P

Got my Meta Knight today :)

Keyinn7 wrote: »
    Got my Meta Knight today :)

Nice. In a local shop or ordered in from somewhere?

In GameStop. A lad ordered it in for me from Limerick ! And I should be getting Shulk on Saturday or next week !

All Gamestop tell me is that they dont have them but I should pre-order the next wave lol

• Advertisement

If anyone gets a spare Shulk, I would have a Meta Knight or an unboxed (or tatty boxed) Rosalina to swap.

Advertisement