Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Amiibos....collector urge growing...

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,555 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

Keyinn7 wrote: »
    In GameStop. A lad ordered it in for me from Limerick ! And I should be getting Shulk on Saturday or next week !

When you order it from Limerick? I was in those 3 stores on Friday. Well I was in one but they rang the others

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,590 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Smyth's in Swords was a bust.
    None of the characters I'm after.
    Bugger

I'm going to keep trying though!

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭Keyinn7

I just gave him my number and told him what I needed and I got a call of him today saying I have Meta Knight here for you. When I went up I asked where did he order it from and he said Limerick !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,660 ✭✭✭COYVB

Had a discussion with my wife who thinks I should try to buy them all just to have. Best get cracking then. Since I'm in Canada I probably have non rare ones that are rare there and vice versa if anyone wants to swap via post

• Registered Users Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

COYVB wrote: »
    Had a discussion with my wife who thinks I should try to buy them all just to have. Best get cracking then. Since I'm in Canada I probably have non rare ones that are rare there and vice versa if anyone wants to swap via post

I guess the rarer ones here would be Little Mac, Shulk and Rosalina. If you have any of them, I would be interested.

• Advertisement

Corholio wrote: »
    I guess the rarer ones here would be Little Mac, Shulk and Rosalina. If you have any of them, I would be interested.

Need all of them myself, but I'll keep an eye out and grab doubles if I see any of them. Probably going to check out Target and Walmart tomorrow since I've to do some shopping for grub anyway

COYVB wrote: »
    Need all of them myself, but I'll keep an eye out and grab doubles if I see any of them. Probably going to check out Target and Walmart tomorrow since I've to do some shopping for grub anyway

If you get a double of Shulk I'd definitely be interested in that, Little Mac too.

I'll see what I can turn up.

My collection so far is limited only to the characters that were favourites tbh, but since I'm going all out, I need everything apart from:

Mario
    Peach
    Yoshi
    Link
    Pikachu
    Kirby
    Donkey Kong
    Fox
    Samus
    Zelda
    Diddy Kong
    Luigi
    Bowser
    Toon Link
    Sonic

If you ever see a Pit or little mac I'll be very grateful haha

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,590 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Just saw a single Sonic Amiibo in Gamestop Swords.
    Sadly, Super Smash Bros is the best game Sonic has been in for years, not including the various sports titles he has popped up in.
    But 16.99 for him, a bit steep!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Have Toon Link in my little Amiibo collection now, which makes a total of 3, Link Samus and Toon Link. Only really interested in my favourites!
    If/when Ganondorf comes available, I might have to make it 4...

Pity they hadn't included Ridley in Smash, as that would be the coolest Amiibo going.

Especially if he was built to the same scale as Samus!

• Registered Users Posts: 712 ✭✭✭LeeroyJ.

Sonic and Mega Man in stock at littlewoods

• Registered Users Posts: 482 ✭✭souleater3000

And all the other ones that went up yesterday, and Link are gone, Megaman and Sonic Killed them to get shelf space I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 641 ✭✭✭johnf26

Emailed agros about newest wave just got a reply saying they are expecting supplies that they will have them but they just dont have a date yet to keep an eye on the site so there is hope for some of you :)

Limericks Argos stores are mind! Hands off

I'm being teased by Game bogey cancelled my order and said it was a card issue first and then it was stock.
    Now they have emailed me in Monday looking for my number as they were missing a digit, so they could place the order.
    Yes!
    No reply since though. Bastuds

• Registered Users Posts: 18,127 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Up in Belfast today to see a very expensive doctor afterwards I popped into GAME all they had was Donkey Kong Pikachu, Link, Mario and Peach for £15 each, I asked about Shulk and got a long winded moan about how the company cancelled the staff members Shulk and Meta Knight as they didn't have enough to fulfil orders,

I'm thinking it is a prepared line just to satisfy customers but then again I'm paranoid up to my gills at the moment.

I'm over in London for the rest of the week hoping to see a few around haha

Up in Belfast today to see a very expensive doctor afterwards I popped into GAME all they had was Donkey Kong Pikachu, Link, Mario and Peach for £15 each, I asked about Shulk and got a long winded moan about how the company cancelled the staff members Shulk and Meta Knight as they didn't have enough to fulfil orders,

I'm thinking it is a prepared line just to satisfy customers but then again I'm paranoid up to my gills at the moment.

I got a second email today from Game apologising for being so slow in their correspondence and that they will be calling me to replace the order.
    Still no call.

• Advertisement

It wouldn't surprise me tbh

I would love the Kirby set, perhaps with Rainbow Curse in the Summer they'll issue some more of the relevant characters.

• Registered Users Posts: 482 ✭✭souleater3000

Anybody have a Shulk or Meta Knight to swap for an unoppened Mega Man?

OwaynOTT wrote: »
    I got a second email today from Game apologising for being so slow in their correspondence and that they will be calling me to replace the order.
    Still no call.

I got similar experience. I was on to them about using the 50% off codes they sent me on an order that was already made and they said someone would call me to add the codes to the order. That was 4 days ago and no call.

Corholio wrote: »
    I got similar experience. I was on to them about using the 50% off codes they sent me on an order that was already made and they said someone would call me to add the codes to the order. That was 4 days ago and no call.

They called me today but I missed it. Takes around 5 days for them to call.

OwaynOTT wrote: »
    They called me today but I missed it. Takes around 5 days for them to call.

Would be very interesting to see if they can replace your order, they told me that there was no chance of fulfilling my order. Best of luck with it though, hope they fix it for someone.

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭eoghanie

Received my Dedede, Sonic and Megaman from Amazon today. Still looking for a bloody Shulk. Golden Mario sold out in 15 mins on Walmart site. Wonder if we'll get that one over here?

Gold Mario is a WalMart exclusive! So annoying!
    Also they're getting a Silver Mario which is McDonalds exclusive!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,134 ✭✭✭gubbie

Keyinn7 wrote: »
    Also they're getting a Silver Mario which is McDonalds exclusive!

Source?!

From what I have seen online and other forums ! And that there was a leak on the Nintendo of America support site that seen the gold & silver ones and some stuff about exclusives to certain places.

• Advertisement

Was at Walmart and future shop earlier. Nothing rare or interesting there unless anyone's short sonic or donkey Kong. Loads of them

Planning on picking up a few gold Marios though. Will happily trade for other amiibo I need and can't find here

Advertisement