Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Amiibos....collector urge growing...

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 641 ✭✭✭johnf26

Keyinn7 wrote: »
    If anyone is still looking for Lucario, Ike & Sonic they are up online on Gamestop.ie but I wouldn't say for long.

I'm still looking for Pit, Little Mac & Shulk but I know I'll never get them !

And I've also had no luck yet with Toon Link or Mega Man !

ebay would be the only place to get little mac

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭Keyinn7

johnf26 wrote: »
    ebay would be the only place to get little mac

I know ! And I've already accepted that I won't get any of them because I'm not paying ridiculous prices!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

OwaynOTT wrote: »
    e2494b2dae9d4c537141a47eaad0913f6732f4839e20513804ad74f4fa7d28be.jpg

Game finally got back to me after I rang them earlier and placed my order again.
    So I got Meta Knight, Shulk and Dedede.
    On the flip side I got charged an extra £4 on each as that's the price now but I preordered them at £11.
    Going try and get that back.

So Corholio, ring them and the sales team will ring you back.

I had no luck with this anyway. Rang them about it and was told there was no stock available to fulfill the order. Glad someone got it though. GAME are a shambles.

On the flip side I did get a retail price Little Mac. Friend working in Argos came across it, it had been mis-labelled as a different Amiibo.

Anyone have a decent Amiibos in their local shops?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,556 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

Corholio wrote: »
    I had no luck with this anyway. Rang them about it and was told there was no stock available to fulfill the order. Glad someone got it though. GAME are a shambles.

On the flip side I did get a retail price Little Mac. Friend working in Argos came across it, it had been mis-labelled as a different Amiibo.

Sorry to hear that.
    Yep, they were fairly bad all right.
    They kept lying as well though, which made it worse and I'm still expecting them to get this wrong.
    I got my shipping confirmation yesterday but there's no guarantee that the amiibos I ordered will be in the box. It will likely be full of Shieks not Shulk.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,912 ✭✭✭McLoughlin

I'm used to stock problems and issues before Christmas market but not after Christmas. I do have a small handful of Amiibo that I got last year but the pain in the arse with pre ordering on various websites and checking websites has been to much and I've lost interest

With Skylanders and Disney Infinity I was able to pick one up every week or so and have a nice collection but Amiibo Nintendo have really messed up with stock levels.

• Registered Users Posts: 482 ✭✭souleater3000

Have to agree. My plan was to pick them up slowly but thats been ruined now with them being so rare.

OwaynOTT wrote: »
    Sorry to hear that.
    Yep, they were fairly bad all right.
    They kept lying as well though, which made it worse and I'm still expecting them to get this wrong.
    I got my shipping confirmation yesterday but there's no guarantee that the amiibos I ordered will be in the box. It will likely be full of Shieks not Shulk.

Yep they lied to me too, told me I could use the 50% off apology vouchers they sent me on an order already made, just had to call them or let them call me. Then today was told any order cannot be altered and could not use the vouchers. Doubt I'll ever use them again for anything.

Hope you get what you ordered though definitely.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Star Lord wrote: »

Going forward, that meme must be used to signify good news but only on this thread.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,143 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

If you watched futurama he only used it to signal bad news/impending dooooooooooom.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,143 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Didn't realise Captain Falcon was rare neither.

• Registered Users Posts: 712 ✭✭✭LeeroyJ.

littlewoodsireland

have Sonic/mega Man stock again.

Im surprised that Sonic and MegaMan are kinda common, thought they would of been rare tbh

• Registered Users Posts: 7 iagoliz

I could get all of the last wave except shulk, who is gonna be impossible. Maybe in Argos one day but they didn't have anyone yet did them? The same as Estela or little mac. I guess these three are impossible if you don't pay 60 euro in ebay or amazon.

edit: I think the best way to buy them is going at 9am the launch day to all the stores. I couldn't get megaman and sonic in smyths 'cause I arrived there at 10.30 +- but the guy told me they had like 4-5 of each one of them the launch day so if you go earlier you can get them. Dedede and meta I got them in GS at 10am more or less the launch day but i really didn't see any shulk. I presume Ness and maybe pac-man will be the most rare of the next wave

Ithink they only had Sonic and Megaman in the newest wave so far

LeeroyJ. wrote: »
    littlewoodsireland

have Sonic/mega Man stock again.

THANK YOU FOR THIS !

I was literally about to drive a half an hour away to get a Mega Man in Gamestop for €17 ! Now I can get Mega Man & Toon Link for €24 !

And I got Shiek too because at €12 why not !

€36 for the 3 of them is so so good ! Wish they had more stock !

If you watched futurama he only used it to signal bad news/impending dooooooooooom.

Yeah but good news about amiibos inevitable means bad news eventually.

Good news everyone! I've developed a gold Mario Amiibo.

COYVB wrote: »
    Nothing but Mario, Peach and Donkey Kong anywhere in Canada right now

Nintendo announced today there will be a good amount of stock of Gold Mario's in Walmart stores on launch day (20 March)

I'd definitely be interested in taking 1 or 2 off you if you do pick some up. What Amiibo's are you missing/looking for? I should be able to get most for ya.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,216 ✭✭✭MrVestek

Keyinn7 wrote: »
    THANK YOU FOR THIS !

I was literally about to drive a half an hour away to get a Mega Man in Gamestop for €17 ! Now I can get Mega Man & Toon Link for €24 !

I wouldn't bother. I ordered Sonic The Hedgehog from Littlewoods and they cancelled my order and now he's marked as out of stock again.

Anybody know anywhere else I can pick up Sonic?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭elekid

MrVestek wrote: »
    I wouldn't bother. I ordered Sonic The Hedgehog from Littlewoods and they cancelled my order and now he's marked as out of stock again.

Anybody know anywhere else I can pick up Sonic?

If you can stomach the price he is in stock on Gamestop.ie and apparently also in various GS shops around the country depending on where you're based

I got my Sonic and Mega Man from Littlewoods today.

They cancel your order if you don't provide your correct home address registered with your credit card.

(many websites don't check that, littlewoods does.)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,216 ✭✭✭MrVestek

I got my Sonic and Mega Man from Littlewoods today.

They cancel your order if you don't provide your correct home address registered with your credit card.

(many websites don't check that, littlewoods does.)

I did though!

Ahh well I've ordered off of Amazon now.

I've never had an order cancelled off littlewoods and I use them frequently so here's hoping !

If anyone has a Shulk for trade, I have a Little Mac or Meta Knight for swap.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭martineatworld

Corholio wrote: »
    If anyone has a Shulk for trade, I have a Little Mac or Meta Knight for swap.

Hardly looking for a rosalina?

Hardly looking for a rosalina?

I'm not, sorry. Just looking for a Shulk.

I have a Shulk on adverts.

• Advertisement

I have a Shulk on adverts.

Ill give you GS price for it :-P

Advertisement