Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Amiibos....collector urge growing...

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

LeeroyJ. wrote: »
    I have a Shulk on adverts.

For €50 (previously €65)......I'll definitely pass.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,610 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Not rare but picked up Samus today in Smyth's, happy with her tbh.
    Hoping there'll be some enhanced interaction with some future Metroid title, plus I love the franchise, should have bought it ages ago!
    I'll pick up Zero Suit Samus as well when she is released!

• Registered Users Posts: 1 winstonwolfe

Lucario back in stock on Gamestop.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 7 iagoliz

Shulk, estela, little mac ?

• Registered Users Posts: 712 ✭✭✭LeeroyJ.

Corholio wrote: »
    For €50 (previously €65)......I'll definitely pass.

<snip>

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

If you want to swap the Amiibos around here or pass them on to the other users, then don't be trying to profit off the other members of the forum.

• Registered Users Posts: 482 ✭✭souleater3000

Went and Ordered the next wave with GS. Cant be bothered running around trying to find them elsewhere anymore, still looking for a Shulk and Meta Knight.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,610 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Corholio wrote: »

I have a feeling Splatoon is going to be massive.
    And the Amiibo sound super given how logo friendly the characters are.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭elekid

Weird, I wonder if that's really the next wave. I'm excited for the Jigglypuff Amiibo if so. I also hope they give Splatoon some good Amiibo support.

• Advertisement

once again, littlewoods have IKE sonic and Mega man, 12 euro each. I received all 3 of them last week. Great stuff

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭Keyinn7

Just got my delivery from littlewoods !
    Mega Man, Toon Link & Shiek !

Also decided to finally pick up Mario & Samus yesterday! They're reduced to €12.79 in Argos !

• Registered Users Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭Allyall

Haven't been collecting these, but out of curiosity, which are the hardest to get?

Shulk and Little Mac?

Shulk Rosalina Little Mac and Meta Knight I'd say

Allyall wrote: »
    Haven't been collecting these, but out of curiosity, which are the hardest to get?

Shulk and Little Mac?

Shulk, Little Mac, Rosalina, Marth, Villager and Wii Fit Trainer are the most famously rare. Meta Knight and King Dedede are very rare too, along with Captain Falcon and Pit. Maybe Fox as well.

The rest seem to vary a lot more and some like Mario, Peach, Pikachu and Yoshi are all very common.

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭eoghanie

Finally have 29/29 of those released so far. My ebay Shulk arrived from France today.

eoghanie wrote: »
    Finally have 29/29 of those released so far. My ebay Shulk arrived from France today.

Very nice collection and display case. Where did you get your Little Mac? You have a lot of other cool Nintendo stuff there too :)

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭eoghanie

elekid wrote: »
    Very nice collection and display case. Where did you get your Little Mac? You have a lot of other cool Nintendo stuff there too :)

Was lucky enough to get Little Mac from Argos when it first came out. Most of the rest bought from Amazon.fr/.de.

Was lucky enough to get Little Mac from Argos when it first came out.

Damn I wish I'd paid more attention when they first came out, but then I've gotten very lucky with some of the others so I shouldn't complain!

Not gonna try posting a link from my phone but has anyone seen the comparison pictures of the Smash Bros Amiibos beside their Mario Party counterparts? The Mario Party ones are significantly bigger.

EDIT: Now with link:
    http://www.destructoid.com/here-are-some-comparison-shots-for-the-smash-bros-and-mario-party-amiibo-lines-288818.phtml

elekid wrote: »
    Damn I wish I'd paid more attention when they first came out, but then I've gotten very lucky with some of the others so I shouldn't complain!

I've noticed a few German sites seem to still have most of them for sale. As far as I can see all of the above mentioned are available.

But....

They don't ship to Ireland. If you know someone in Germany/Austria/Belgium/Switzerland I'd say it'd be no problem, or you could use mailboxde.com (I haven't used them, so can't comment), but I guess you'd have to order more than one at a time to make it worthwhile using a service like that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭martineatworld

I've noticed a few German sites seem to still have most of them for sale. As far as I can see all of the above mentioned are available.

But....

They don't ship to Ireland. If you know someone in Germany/Austria/Belgium/Switzerland I'd say it'd be no problem, or you could use mailboxde.com (I haven't used them, so can't comment), but I guess you'd have to order more than one at a time to make it worthwhile using a service like that.
    What site, do you mind me asking?

• Registered Users Posts: 482 ✭✭souleater3000

I'm jelly D:

• Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭kwazar

Anyone wants to swap any of these:
    King Dedede, Meta Knight, Rosalina
    for one of these:
    Luigi, Diddy Kong, Pit, Zelda, Lucario, Toon Link, Captain Falcon, Sonic, Samus, Fox, Mega Man

• Registered Users Posts: 10,556 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

A lot of the rarer amiibo are not in stock and have release dates for the summer. I wonder if they will be further stock released by Nintendo, like they are doing in Japan and Australia.
    The Germans might know this quicker than the rest of Europe and the island of Ireland because isn't that where Nintendo Europe is based.

It's probably not a coincidence that Germany seems to be one of the best stocked countries in the world and all of their online retailers are expecting more stock in June.

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭Keyinn7

The rarity differs between regions I think anyway.

In the US they're all struggling to get Lucario and Ike etc. Which we picked up pretty handy over here.

I've 14 Amiibos and haven't got any commons really besides Link, Mario & Pikachu. Gonna pick them up when there prices go down or something !

It's pretty tough to get rare ones over here once you've missed the opportunity!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,216 ✭✭✭MrVestek

10997301_10206530500884062_8472921715097764887_n.jpg?oh=ff1fca7334edc9e9bb16749299657047&oe=55722F19&__gda__=1438505852_90ee4b2943bca6c70385b1bd6c2aa83a

It.... BEGIIINNNSSSS!

Littlewoods have Mega Man and Sonic again, they seem to keep getting new stock. I'd keep an eye on them they might have a Shulk or so Pop up sometime.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

So how are people getting Gold Mario? Going for hundreds on eBay!

Advertisement