Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Amiibos....collector urge growing...

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭elekid

I'm was never planning on getting Gold Mario, my regular Smash Bros Mario is enough for me :)

I was hoping they would avoid bringing out too many duplicates of the same character

• Registered Users Posts: 712 ✭✭✭LeeroyJ.

Guys Littlewoodsireland as all of the supermario series in stock. Get them while they are hot.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Wolverine359

LeeroyJ. wrote: »
    Guys Littlewoodsireland as all of the supermario series in stock. Get them while they are hot.

If you add 4KAJF as a discount code, you get 10% off, so they work out as €12.60 each. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 328 ✭✭Thar_Cian

Does anyone happen to know where I could find a Zelda amiibo for a reasonable price? I managed to reserve one with my local Argos, but I fear it'll remain out of stock.

• Registered Users Posts: 728 ✭✭✭80s Synth Pop

johnf26 wrote: »
    you definitely must have missed a day checking for rosa as i managed to get it myself from there 2weeks ago so did a couple of others.

Ive been checking argos daily for shulk/dedede/metaknight from the last wave. Have I missed their stock again somehow like I did with little mac and rosalina?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,143 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Thar_Cian wrote: »
    Does anyone happen to know where I could find a Zelda amiibo for a reasonable price? I managed to reserve one with my local Argos, but I fear it'll remain out of stock.

Think smyths in Blanchardstown should have it and Sheik too, I'll be out that way tomorrow and will update if I see it.

Ive been checking argos daily for shulk/dedede/metaknight from the last wave. Have I missed their stock again somehow like I did with little mac and rosalina?

I've been checking Argos for Shulk since launch but I might have started missing a few days here and there in the last week or so, due to losing hope. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭VelcroGhost

New Amiibo day - Argos Liffey Valley seem to have 1 of each of the new Mario range in stock. Except Toad because he's mine! No other Argos have stock, but it's still early.

Gamestop and Smyths in Dublin City centre seem to have them in stock. I got my Toad :)

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭Keyinn7

Wish we were able to get gold mario !

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,610 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

I'm going to head for Smyth's later but have Toad reserved in Liffey Valley Argos just in case.
    I wonder has Captain Toad been updated yet to take advantage of the Amiibo?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    I'm going to head for Smyth's later but have Toad reserved in Liffey Valley Argos just in case.
    I wonder has Captain Toad been updated yet to take advantage of the Amiibo?

Good timing. The amiibo support for Treasure Tracker is actually added today via an update.

I started Captain Toad up last night and got the update then. I'm looking forward to trying it out. Hopefully Toad won't be rare considering he is the only way to access the extra stuff in the game.

• Registered Users Posts: 328 ✭✭Thar_Cian

I bought Samus in Argos today, so my collection now consists of Link, Toon Link, Sheik and Samus. I'm trying not to buy too many of these. It could become an addiction.
    Think smyths in Blanchardstown should have it and Sheik too, I'll be out that way tomorrow and will update if I see it.
    I've ordered it with a seller on Amazon. It set me back €25, so I'm hoping everything goes well.

Good few of the newer Mario collection amiibo's in Smyths Cork. A few Toads there too.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,610 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Just picked up Toad in Smyth's in Swords.
    Seems to be plenty there.
    Sad to made so happy by a piece of plastic but there you go.
    I wonder if there'll be a Captain Toad and Toadette figures, they would be nice indeedy.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,143 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Loads of Toad left in Blanchardstown Smyths think 5 as of 8pm tonight only one new Luigi though,Bowser looks awesome again.

I did not see a Zelda there though unfortunately.

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭Keyinn7

I was there at the same time too RobbingBandit. They had all the new SMB ones and 4 Ikes too !

I'm still in need of Shulk, Little Mac, Marth & Villager !

I still have 1 spare Shulk I'd swap for a boxed EU Rosalina.

I was on the Gamestop site and, checking stock via the map, they have both a Metaknight and Dedede in stock in the same shop!
    Imagine my delight as I phoned them and they disappointed me saying they were on hold and couldn't be sold, they've been on hold for ages!
    Feck, Bugger, Bum Biscuits!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32 michaelc4739

Surely they can't hold them for that long ?

Surely they can't hold them for that long ?

That's what I thought, turns out the store they were held in is closed for a period, the stock transferred temporarily as well as held items.
    Can't sell it until the stock is returned to the shop of origin or something.
    Bizarre and unfortunate.

Really is I had to run out to Middleton yesterday cause I had a pit and meta knight reserved and they would only hold it till 2

Really is I had to run out to Middleton yesterday cause I had a pit and meta knight reserved and they would only hold it till 2

I'd say its actually held with a deposit tbh

Wii fit trainer amiibo going for a nice price on amazon germany. Cant post the link only new.

My amiibos from littlewoods arrived this morning, all in individual jiffybags, which was fine, except the plastic casing for Toad and Yoshi got fairly crushed. A bit annoying, but it just encourages me to release them from their packaging prisons, and well worth the €12.60 each. Glad I cancelled my gamestop preorders, I saved €26.40 buying this wave via LW. Gonna keep my preorders for the next lot next month though, i'll pay the GS premium if it means peace of mind that they'll be available for me.

Yes its a big of a gamble with packaging with them although they pack them nicely they are still a bit crushed sometimes.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Eazey

Has anyone else ordered the super Mario series from gamestop and still not gotten their order delivered?

My amiibos from littlewoods arrived this morning, all in individual jiffybags, which was fine, except the plastic casing for Toad and Yoshi got fairly crushed. A bit annoying, but it just encourages me to release them from their packaging prisons, and well worth the €12.60 each. Glad I cancelled my gamestop preorders, I saved €26.40 buying this wave via LW. Gonna keep my preorders for the next lot next month though, i'll pay the GS premium if it means peace of mind that they'll be available for me.

A real pet hate of mine. Jiffybags are useless for posting something like that. Was tempted to order 1 or 2 from Littlewoods but knowing they send in those bags I definitely won't be now, so thanks for letting us know that.

• Advertisement

They also wrap them in bubblepaper..

Advertisement