Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Amiibos....collector urge growing...

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,556 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

I've ordered one and didn't know they did that. Disappointed now.

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭eoghanie

The new Bowser is a beast! So heavy.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,749 ✭✭✭smokingman

eoghanie wrote: »
    The new Bowser is a beast! So heavy.

I have the first one but what's different in the new one?

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭Keyinn7

I need Shulk so bad haha.

Xenoblade out next week for the 3DS too !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭elekid

smokingman wrote: »
    I have the first one but what's different in the new one?

The new Bowser is bigger, brighter, heavier and has better posture. I think both versions of him are excellent though, they are both nice and chunky, and very detailed in different ways.

It's crazy that Xenoblade is almost out but so few people will actually get to use the Amiibo feature. Not that it's meant to be that great, but still.

• Advertisement

If anyone on here has a Shulk or knows anyone I would like to buy or trade for it !
    I have a Meta Knight that I would part ways with !

The new collection are bigger better and brighter......

Any Shulks about.? :(

• Registered Users Posts: 7 stephesses

i really dont know what the story is with the wave that's coming out later this month... i haven't managed to pre-order any of them. i really want robin, lucina and ness, but i'm starting to doubt that i'll manage to get even one of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,276 ✭✭✭readyletsgo

stephesses wrote: »
    i really dont know what the story is with the wave that's coming out later this month... i haven't managed to pre-order any of them. i really want robin, lucina and ness, but i'm starting to doubt that i'll manage to get even one of them.

I have Pac man, Ness and Wario preordered with Game for about 2 months now. But feeling I'm totally over Amiibo now, if Game don't cancel my order, which most likely they will, these will be the last I get.

Complete waste of money.

• Advertisement

I have Pac man, Ness and Wario preordered with Game for about 2 months now. But feeling I'm totally over Amiibo now, if Game don't cancel my order, which most likely they will, these will be the last I get.

Complete waste of money.

damn I think I missed those pre-orders. yeah I don't really like the functionality of them but i like looking at them, I only have a handful as it is but those three would probably be the last I'd get too (unless they bring out a Palutena).

I was thinking of trying ShopTo but I probably left it too late, if they're not already sold out the order will more than likely just get cancelled

damn I think I missed those pre-orders. yeah I don't really like the functionality of them but i like looking at them, I only have a handful as it is but those three would probably be the last I'd get too (unless they bring out a Palutena).

I was thinking of trying ShopTo but I probably left it too late, if they're not already sold out the order will more than likely just get cancelled

Have you tried preordering in person at a GameStop? They're expensive but always seem to come through with the goods.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,276 ✭✭✭readyletsgo

That's it, I like the look of them. I know there is a Japanese site you can order from if you really want them but for the life of me, right now, I can't remember the name of it.

eoghanie wrote: »
    Have you tried preordering in person at a GameStop? They're expensive but always seem to come through with the goods.

oh yes i have haha. agh i went into the shop 3 or 4 times, they told me something different every time! the first three times it was 'you're too early, come back later'. I went in last Sunday and it was 'you're too late, they're all gone'.
    I was also checking the website every morning, so if they went up for pre-order it must've been at a time when I wasn't online.

oh yes i have haha. agh i went into the shop 3 or 4 times, they told me something different every time! the first three times it was 'you're too early, come back later'. I went in last Sunday and it was 'you're too late, they're all gone'.
    I was also checking the website every morning, so if they went up for pre-order it must've been at a time when I wasn't online.

When did they say you were too early? I preordered Ness in Gamestop in February, on the morning Sonic, Dedede etc. were released.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Wolverine359

elekid wrote: »
    When did they say you were too early? I preordered Ness in Gamestop in February, on the morning Sonic, Dedede etc. were released.

Same as me, pre-ordered this month's wave on Feb 20. I had to pay €5 for each amiibo I pre-ordered, but at least it takes the sting out of paying for all of them at once.

• Registered Users Posts: 712 ✭✭✭LeeroyJ.

Littlewoods hast moste super mario edition again, incl. Toad.

So many new Amiibo announced on the Nintendo Direct just there 21 all together !

it was a day after Dedede etc were released... you were seriously able to pre-order him at that time? >:(

• Registered Users Posts: 5,463 ✭✭✭Nollog

Anyone selling the yarn yoshi's yet?

• Advertisement

it was a day after Dedede etc were released... you were seriously able to pre-order him at that time? >:(

Yeah, while I was buying the new ones that morning they said I could preorder the next wave there and then. Sounds like your Gamestop messed you around :/ Which Gamestop was it?

The final four Amiibos I want were announced in the direct last night, I hope I can get them!

Yeah, while I was buying the new ones that morning they said I could preorder the next wave there and then. Sounds like your Gamestop messed you around :/ Which Gamestop was it?

The final four Amiibos I want were announced in the direct last night, I hope I can get them!

aaaaa I'm so irritated right now, I think I'll e-mail them with a complaint (again). :/
    It was in Newbridge, I wonder if the Dublin locations are more reliable. Seeing as that new wave have seemingly been delayed to a May 29th release date, maybe I'll get a chance to pre-order them again? Hopefully!

Yeah some of the new amiibos look great, I definitely want Palutena and one of the yarn Yoshis

I dunno if the Dublin branches are more reliable. Maybe it helps that I got a friendly member of staff who recognised me from buying Amiibos there before. But are you saying that Ness, Charizard etc. are delayed until May now? I thought they were still due this month.

No sign of any of the new stuff that was announced last night for preorder yet

Charizard, Wario etc are being released in the EU April 24th !

I dunno if the Dublin branches are more reliable. Maybe it helps that I got a friendly member of staff who recognised me from buying Amiibos there before. But are you saying that Ness, Charizard etc. are delayed until May now? I thought they were still due this month.

yeah I got a different person anytime, some of them would've recognized me, but the guy on the day of the Dedede release was just rude anyway so it probably didn't help. Well just from watching the Nintendo Direct last night, it showed Lucina, Charizard etc and said 'May 29th', but maybe that's just for America?

yeah I got a different person everytime, some of them would've recognized me, but the guy on the day of the Dedede release was just rude anyway so it probably didn't help. Well just from watching the Nintendo Direct last night, it showed Lucina, Charizard etc and said 'May 29th', but maybe that's just for America?

yeah I got a different person anytime, some of them would've recognized me, but the guy on the day of the Dedede release was just rude anyway so it probably didn't help. Well just from watching the Nintendo Direct last night, it showed Lucina, Charizard etc and said 'May 29th', but maybe that's just for America?

That's a shame, the regular people I've dealt with in Dublin are really nice. I hope you can get your preorders sorted somehow.

I think May is the date for America but it's getting a bit confusing with all these release dates in different regions

• Registered Users Posts: 728 ✭✭✭80s Synth Pop

Let me know if I have this right

2 more added to wave 4: Greninja & Jigglypuff (in addition to the previously announced Robin, Lucina, Wario, Charizard, Ness and PAC-MAN)

Also released on the same day as wave 4 is Inkling Girl, Inkling Boy and Inkling Squid in a Splatoon triple pack

Then to follow in Summer are:
    Zero Suit Samus
    Palutena
    Dark Pit
    Ganondorf
    Olimar
    Dr. Mario
    Bowser Jr.

and finally Green Yoshi, Pink Yoshi and Blue Yoshi in a Yoshi's Woolly World triple pack

Am I missing anything?

p.s. gold mario prices are not too bad on ebay. Just won one delivered for around 35.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,556 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

2 more added to wave 4: Greninja & Jigglypuff (in addition to the previously announced Robin, Lucina, Wario, Charizard, Ness and PAC-MAN)

Also released on the same day as wave 4 is Inkling Girl, Inkling Boy and Inkling Squid in a Splatoon triple pack

Then to follow in Summer are:
    Zero Suit Samus
    Palutena
    Dark Pit
    Ganondorf
    Olimar
    Dr. Mario
    Bowser Jr.

and finally Green Yoshi, Pink Yoshi and Blue Yoshi in a Yoshi's Woolly World triple pack

Am I missing anything?

p.s. gold mario prices are not too bad on ebay. Just won one delivered for around 35.

The triple packs are US only I think but Europe will get amiibos bundled with Wolly World and Splatoon which US won't get, I think.

• Advertisement

I think you're working off the American dates, Jigglypuff and Greninja haven't been added to Wave 4 in Europe. Here's the Amiibo release schedule for Europe :

- 24th April: Wave 4 Charizard, Wario, Ness, Robin, Lucina and Pac Man will be released.

- 29th May: Greninja, Jigglypuff, Splatoon Boy, Splatoon Girl and Inkling will be released. The Inkling Amiibo will only be packaged with a special edition of Splatoon in Europe, not sold separately or in a triple pack.

- June 2015: Ganondorf, Palutena, Dark Pit and Zero Suit Samus will be released

- 26th June: Green, pink and blue knitted Yoshi Amiibos will be released. Green Wool Yoshi will be bundled with Yoshis Woolly World. I don't remember anything about a triple pack but I may be wrong.

- July 2015: Olimar, Bowser Jr. and Doctor Mario will be released

- Autumn 2015: Animal Crossing Happy Home Designer will be released for 3DS along with Animal Crossing Amiibo cards and the 3DS Amiibo reader

Advertisement